Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I haven't found anything wrong with the tune. Initially I thought I might get the misfires in winter as thats when the news broke of people having problems in the states. A month ago temperatures got to zero degrees celsius and I gave it a shot with the Procede. 19.5psi and no misfires all the way to redline. In summer with 38 degrees celsius again 19.5psi with no misfires. At the moment I can conclude that in all aspect the Procede works equally as well as the flash tune I run. I can actually say that it handles the boost ramp up a bit better.
    Thats good to hear. I always want the best for the end user.

Question, how much CPS offset are u using with that? Care to start a new thread and post a few logs? How is ur AFR as well, and on what fuel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Thats good to hear. I always want the best for the end user.

Question, how much CPS offset are u using with that? Care to start a new thread and post a few logs? How is ur AFR as well, and on what fuel?
    I am planning on making one mother thread of all threads in relation to my car where I will put all the information in. At high altitude we run up to 4 degree more timing than the coast but I will have coastal logs of piggy vs flash at the end of the month as I am going down. I also got the Koseis and some lighter Recaros which I will test. I am hoping to have a wet system on the car if I receive it in time, it only shipped last week and has been sitting in Chicago for five days. Then I will have a complete evolution and will post everything up. Next on the cards is gearbox then built motor with direct port nitrous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i want some Recaros!! I would love to trade red seats for the sportster cs in red leather
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, i might get 1 recaro for the driver seat and swap it in on race days. id like to shave another 60lbs or so if i can..

good info george.. looking forward to your results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My car is also pulling really strong with V5 6-14 maps . 19.5 psi no issues with 94 octane and 1450 ml/min 90% meth. 16 july gonna run 20 psi with race gas at an airfield event . Hopefully the AT trans will hold. Gonna ship mine to Level 10 2nd week of august ;-)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    My car is also pulling really strong with V5 6-14 maps . 19.5 psi no issues with 94 octane and 1450 ml/min 90% meth. 16 july gonna run 20 psi with race gas at an airfield event . Hopefully the AT trans will hold. Gonna ship mine to Level 10 2nd week of august ;-)
    cool man cant wait for your results. im also running the new maps but at 18psi with an overboost delay set at 3 seconds and at 18.5. no problems. i also look forward to racegas and 20psi but that is for after i dyno on pump. but as its looking right now, with rain and humidity, let alone the ridiculous temps dynoing may not be a good idea at this very time, maybe this fall when the temp drops 10 degrees and we get out of the damn miami rainy season. by that time i may be able to do a racegas dyno first and set records Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On pump only i run ut55% ic50% , preatty conservative but the car runs very strong.
    I run up to ut65%ic50 with no timing drops on 94 octane. I only have issues above 18 psi with slipping trans which sucks.
    Forgot to mention that at 19 psi 94 pump plus 1450 ml/min meth was seeing from 2nd-5th gear redline pull constant 12,1-12,3 AFR on my AEM lambda bank 2 . Seems procede can handle AFR pretty well on a 1 year old board. ;-)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    cool man cant wait for your results. im also running the new maps but at 18psi with an overboost delay set at 3 seconds and at 18.5. no problems. i also look forward to racegas and 20psi but that is for after i dyno on pump. but as its looking right now, with rain and humidity, let alone the ridiculous temps dynoing may not be a good idea at this very time, maybe this fall when the temp drops 10 degrees and we get out of the damn miami rainy season. by that time i may be able to do a racegas dyno first and set records Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by enrita; 07-08-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    post the log. lets take a look Click here to enlarge

On pump only i run ut55% ic50% , preatty conservative but the car runs very strong.
    I run up to ut65%ic50 with no timing drops on 94 octane. I only have issues above 18 psi with slipping trans which sucks.
    Forgot to mention that at 19 psi 94 pump plus 1450 ml/min meth was seeing from 2nd-5th gear redline pull constant 12,1-12,3 AFR on my AEM lambda bank 2 . Seems procede can handle AFR pretty well on a 1 year old board. ;-)

94 octane pumpgas? id like to have that, as ms109 is oxgenated, so adding some air to the AFR reading i presume Click here to enlarge
    18 psi is not the real concern Click here to enlarge
    1450Ml/min is about 250-350 more Ml/min that im spraying on a DO 14 nozzle. are you sure about that quantity? 100% meth?
    Last edited by LostMarine; 07-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    post the log. lets take a look Click here to enlarge
    You want to see the airfield runs ( when i run the z06 with chip and porsche turbo) or on pump? I did not record the afr from aem gauge since thats was displayed on my iphone but i was looking closely to it for safety.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whatever high boost logs you have. id like to take a look at logged V5 AFR vs AEM AFR if we can, along with fuel used. are those the runs on 94 oct/18 psi?

what nozzle are you using for the meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whatever high boost logs you have. id like to take a look at logged V5 AFR vs AEM AFR if we can, along with fuel used. are those the runs on 94 oct/18 psi?

what nozzle are you using for the meth?
    as mentioned i dont have AEM AFR since i was looking at it from my iphone and logging with the procede. Fuel and meth is what i have stated. i have 2 nozzles . 1 is pushing 450 ml/min and the other one is 1000 ml/min. I have snow performance nozzles.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by enrita; 07-08-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too bad about trans. I had the same issue @ 500rw+ on our 135i. But when dialing back power it seems to do fine. I know Hotrod went through the same thing.

The 4.7k fueling resistors you have allow a range of up to 11.9:1 up top. So as long as you do not want to target richer than that you'll have no issue. Running 12.2:1 won't be a problem. What you can not do is target say 11.4:1 up top like flash tunes do. Or say 11.8:1 in the midrange. With large turbos being able to target richer values has benefits IF the fuel system can keep up with the targets.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    well is kinda difficult to notice when there is little slipping, no codes and the car runs fine. i actually noticed it with the performance box since i lost suddenly 0,5-1 sec on the same boost levels and on the airfield with clear overrevving between shifts. Car runs fine on 15.5 psi, no slipping and perfect trans. Oil looks new, no leaks etc. As soon as you up it over 18 psi than the trans cant keep up.
    I am really looking forward to the trans upgrade , thumbs up to lostmarine for taking the first step for this and looking forward to more feedback.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as mentioned i dont have AEM AFR since i was looking at it from my iphone and logging with the procede. Fuel and meth is what i have stated. i have 2 nozzles . 1 is pushing 450 ml/min and the other one is 1000 ml/min. I have snow performance nozzles.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    thing is, people say JB4 loggin isnt up to par, but i cant stand the V5 charts.-

so, the second log you showed, it looks like 13.1 AFR at 63xx rpm and 16PSI boost. which confirms what i was thinking in that the higher RPM's, with boost on a performance oriented amount of taper (very little) you will run into the same issues I do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345