Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ShivPost Closes yet another N54 thread to help Shiv..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=549599&page=2

To simplify, a guy asked about switching tunes. V5 fanbois say do it, everyone else says its not worth it, tunes are the same now.

fanbois say try it, or only take info from someone who has tried both...well that backfires since "TheMyst" has tried both, and posted his review.

Shiv replied as did a few other people, but those posts are now gone, and thread closed

TheMyst:

No problem, I bought my Procede from Terry @ BMS, and it worked flawlessly on my 6MT. Shiv is attempting to imply Terry did "something" to the tune which caused all the issues at hand. When I got a 6AT, the tune would misfire, and misfire often. I dynoed with this apparently "tainted" Procede and hit 424whp through a stock exhaust on my 135i. On the 3-30 DIC maps, the misfire on the 6AT was resolved, but introduced a slew of new problems, which I do not wish to get into at this time.

Shiv's marketing approach in 2009-2010 was to argue the lack of timing control on the JB3, which held water, since offsetting (CPS) ignition was at the very least a working solution to offset the stock ignition curve, albeit with some side effects as documented above.

Fast forward to 2011, the JB4 sells a CPS module, so you no longer see the ignition control wars of years past. You now see Shiv selling gimmicky meth injection kits that are directly controlled by the Procede, and STILL no discernible benefit to running a V5 in exchange for a VIN lock, other than a glut of headaches and issues.

Anyway, in terms of driving characteristics:

Procede drives much smoother under light throttle conditions, the JB4, although improved over the JB3, still trails in this regard. In terms of boost control, gadgets and gimmicks, similar, they both have progressive methanol mapping, they both have gauges (I prefer the JB4 implementation) and they both add similar power.

The reason why I got rid of my V5 and switched to a JB4? It just $#@!ing works. So, Shiv, nothing was wrong with my car. I haven't misfired or thrown a single CEL since I switched. Is the problem still my car or could it POSSIBLY be your tune?

To those purchasing the Procede, be WELL aware of when your 14 days starts and ends. When it works properly, it's a great tune. I find the logging software and throttle response superior to the JB4. The problems start when it DOESN'T work properly and there's nothing that can really be done to fix it other than switching tunes.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 07-01-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No doubt once the BMS WW meth kit is under production I will switch tunes to jb4. The cost of upgrading from v5 enthusiast (just to enable map2 and meth map) + their meth kit + their charge pipe...is just way too much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I read that post earlier... It was a load of junk like usual. I've never seen this much censorship on one forum.

I love this post from Shiv

OP-- Follow your gut and try the Procede. If you don't prefer it to what you currently have, just return it for a refund. Simply as that. There are some people on this forum who go out of their way to spread misinformation. Not sure why but it's just the way the internet works.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I read that post earlier... It was a load of junk like usual. I've never seen this much censorship on one forum.

I love this post from Shiv

OP-- Follow your gut and try the Procede. If you don't prefer it to what you currently have, just return it for a refund. Simply as that. There are some people on this forum who go out of their way to spread misinformation. Not sure why but it's just the way the internet works.
    yea, i saw that too. i wish i could respond, since he is the Top one of those "Some people"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    More disgust coming from that forum. Figures............

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I always ran a procede. But that was when the jb3 was a bit jerkier and the procede unit was in fact superior. Now, I can't say that so much and I only got the procede because it was relatively inexpensive 2nd hand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I always ran a procede. But that was when the jb3 was a bit jerkier and the procede unit was in fact superior. Now, I can't say that so much and I only got the procede because it was relatively inexpensive 2nd hand.
    latest versions of each, there is now no discernable difference, but flexability, I think gives the edge to JB4, but thats my opinion of course. I just cant stand, or even understand , why the thread would be closed? A respected user posts his 1st hand accounts, and does NOT favor V5, and the thread is deemed trolling or not imformative?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    latest versions of each, there is now no discernable difference, but flexability, I think gives the edge to JB4, but thats my opinion of course. I just cant stand, or even understand , why the thread would be closed? A respected user posts his 1st hand accounts, and does NOT favor V5, and the thread is deemed trolling or not imformative?
    Of course you understand why the thread was closed. Shiv's authority and image was undermined. What other possible reason it there to close it and remove posts? Do favorable posts disappear?

I love when it is this blatant. They just push people away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stupid people dont know what happened and stay on that forum.

Smart people see that and come straight here.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Stupid people dont know what happened and stay on that forum.

Smart people see that and come straight here.
    Yep, and the nice thing is e90post filters the crap for us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so much for freedom of speech
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    so much for freedom of speech
    Never existed there but it's more of a matter of censorship and hiding things that should not even be hidden. The only reason they are is due to business interests.

Also, true unabridged freedom of speech doesn't really exist on any auto board although we are the closest to that. You don't really have true free speech in real life anyway as you can't just run into places and yell fire or that there is a bomb.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "The reason why I got rid of my V5 and switched to a JB4? It just $#@!ing works."

When I read that I LOL. Anyways that is just one of many threads closed at shiv post, I have seen many closed when people complain about all their misfires on their cars when running the procede. Brings back memories when I had my EVO and shiv was doing the same on the EVO Forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pwrdbynel Click here to enlarge
    Brings back memories when I had my EVO and shiv was doing the same on the EVO Forums.
    How was he able to get that kind of control on the EVO forums?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He had control and then he started to $#@! up and everyone turned on him. Here is a little sample

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...e;topic=3828.0

People are pissed because he went as far as faking numbers on a dyno. Just Search Shiv on that website and you will find a ton of $#@! he did wrong.
    Last edited by pwrdbynel; 07-01-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People are pissed because he went as far as faking numbers on a dyno. Just Search Shiv on that website and you will find a ton of $#@! he did wrong.
    Faking numbers on a dyno? Seriously? I need to see that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I updated the link on my post click on it and you will get all the juicy details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He had control and then he started to $#@! up and everyone turned on him. Here is a little sample

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...e;topic=3828.0

holy $#@!! same $#@! differrent platform!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I updated the link on my post click on it and you will get all the juicy details.
    Ah, I get it:

I expect Shiv to delete that post by Scott where he totally owns Shiv. The big problem on EvoM is that vendors can moderate their own forums. That's why I dont post in the Vishnu section. Last thing i need is my post edited to say something else or for me to waste time writing a reply that Shiv's gonna delete anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't this $#@! nuts. I would never buy anything from that guy. In Fact I never have and never will. Evolutionm.net is like e90 and socalevo.net is like this website.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow man, I know he was low, but damn.
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow man, I know he was low, but damn.
    yea, i didnt think he would go as low as to manipulate dyno's? and WTF!? a 2nd fuel cell to fake what octane he claims? whoa.. if only the fanboys knew that, not like they would ever acecpt it, blinded by their love for him

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yea, i didnt think he would go as low as to manipulate dyno's? and WTF!? a 2nd fuel cell to fake what octane he claims? whoa.. if only the fanboys knew that, not like they would ever acecpt it, blinded by their love for him
    They would never believe it and claim the Shiv haters are spreading lies. I wonder if he's going to read this thread and spew his BS one liner.
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That thread is gold:

I tell you its amazing the stuff that goes on in this business

Much respect and props to Sparco for having the nerve to post this stuff

What has occured here is basically a fraud - - falsely hyping the dyno numbers then trying to sell the car to some unsuspecting customer on ebay - very sad

Just for the record

I only use a dyno jet and the air temp sesnor for the corrections is built into the machine - the most it can move the whp through corrections is about 20 whp one way or the other and the temps always print on the sheet

Sticking the air temp sensor on the hot exhaust manifold to distort the reading is a joke. Then bragging about the distorted readings on the evom forum is really just too much.

What makes me really ill and turns my gut is that these Vishnu cheerleader guys are still standing behind him even as he is trying to pull a blantant false stunt

It was funny to read the so called "exede user's group" on yahoo when the Exede user Joey Coates blew up his engine with the exede and seeing how the vishnu cheerleaders were trying to conduct spin control to twist the story to somehow blame my product and direct th attention from the fact that the customer was running an exede

Shiv makes Nixon look like a nun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

They would never believe it and claim the Shiv haters are spreading lies. I wonder if he's going to read this thread and spew his BS one liner.
    No, he will never chime in when he is proven wrong, his MO is- Ignore/Defer/Deflect. Dont expect to see him comment over here, even though he is freely open to do so, and even encouraged to do so by the real enthusiasts

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast