Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AHHH FINALLY!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Talking AHHH FINALLY!!

Click here to enlarge They are going in tomorrow morning... Click here to enlarge

Try to resize the image but says that I don't have the privileges to fix my own attachment? Sticky?

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by hworang00; 06-30-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: too big a pic
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    imgur.com Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those look a bit different than the AR downpipes that I purchased...... I wonder why? Mine don't have the indentations in the metal.

Way different.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After being able to see the pictures side by side, it looks like they were able to save a weld and were able to use some straight pipe, which probably saved a couple bucks and some headache fabbing the pipes up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Those look a bit different than the AR downpipes that I purchased...... I wonder why? Mine don't have the indentations in the metal.
    That would be because they are going on a different car. He has a 5 series. The notches are most likely because they are universal to the xi and i.

I am also ordering a set soon. Are you installing these yourself? Can you please document the process if you do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see. I thought the 3 and 5 series used the same pipes, I learn something new every day! I too would like to see how the install goes compared to my ordeal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not installing them myself. I live in an apartment complex so I don't have anywhere to install them...but the problem is now that the shop that I had talked about installing my DP's months ago, apparently won't install them. I talked to multiple employees months ago about installing C@TLESS DP's and then eventually getting everything I want done to my car, done there. But I got a call from the owner (Ray Korman) this morning saying that it would put his shop in danger of being shut down by installing my DP's into my car...I go to pick it up, and the employee there just says that they have installed c@tless downpipes in cars before (probably track/race cars) and doesn't know why Ray is being kind of picky about it today but said that there was nothing they could do...So I have to find another place to get them installed...I was told by one of my local guys about a shop that might be able to do it today. We'll see...I'll keep you guys updated...my these DP's are really testing my patience LOL Click here to enlarge

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steveo Click here to enlarge
    That would be because they are going on a different car. He has a 5 series. The notches are most likely because they are universal to the xi and i.

I am also ordering a set soon. Are you installing these yourself? Can you please document the process if you do?
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145

A detailed DIY on how to install them yourself...I would if I had the space and the tools...much cheaper and I think it would be hella fun but...no garage...and even at my parents house I don't have any of the tools :\ Good luck though Steveo

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok....first off A:EOITYA:ODIHL:CNVKLRGA:OHSD:OIHS:OIOEIRHW:OIH:LKJ LSDJKHFLSKDJGH:SLDKFJA:LKFHAF

Now that's done, NO shop around here is willing to do the install because it won't pass emissions and it's illegal for them to do. I understand their predicament but isn't this just ridiculous. I am knowingly installing something that is not legal in this state, and they still will not do it. I understand the risk they are taking but since I knowingly asked for the install, it shouldn't put them at any risk. I'm tempted to just go borrow the tools I need and buy the little ramps to sit my car on and do it myself. This is just getting ridiculous...damn it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WOW! I never thought getting downpipes put on a car would such a hassle. Is there no euro performance shops around your area? Never heard about someone going thru that kind of bullsh1t.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh no...the first shop specializes in BMWs (they restore BMWs and Ray Korman races BMWs), and the other shop which specializes in German vehicles just quoted some 10k fine that he would pay if it came back to him. I don't know I'm going to not worry about it until tomorrow, a service guy at BMW (one that passes my tint and all that and works on my car with mods in it) said he could do it but he's out of town today, so I'm just going to wait until he gets back to me...we'll have to see...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let me know if you want to sell them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ummm, there has to be a shop especially in NC that would do something illegal. Just doesnt sound right.

Anyway, let me know your impressions after the install.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn man, I remember the same thing happened with my GTI, nobody wanted to install catless downpipes cause of emissions. then i found a little deserted shop that did it for 60 bucks lmao.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    ummm, there has to be a shop especially in NC that would do something illegal. Just doesnt sound right.

Anyway, let me know your impressions after the install.
    I don't know, I think people are afraid I'm trying to get them into trouble. I'm a clean cut, asian kid that looks young (I mean I am pretty young, I'm 24), so I think most shops think that I'm going to $#@! up and rat them out or I'm like secretly telling the cops about them or I dunno. But there is a shop that is REALLY close to my apartment that's run by 2 young brothers, and I think they are willing to do it, but I'm afraid they will charge me an arm and a leg...we'll see. My BMW tech guy is supposed to hit me back tomorrow with some figures on when he can do it and for how much. And what you mean "especially in NC"? Is there some awesome tuning scene I'm missing, because I hardly ever see cars that are worth mentioning...or shops for that matter, lately...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    damn man, I remember the same thing happened with my GTI, nobody wanted to install catless downpipes cause of emissions. then i found a little deserted shop that did it for 60 bucks lmao.
    Hate you...60 bucks?! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge

Hate you...60 bucks?! Click here to enlarge

Yea they said 60 bucks without even look under my car, they just saw it was bolt on and yea. It took a good hour and half to do it lol. You'll get it done, someone will do it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont know how much space there is on a 5-series, but I installed my dp's myself on my 335 and it was a major pita, would recommend having a shop doing it (within reason regarding the cost), it took me some 4h of hard work...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge They are going in tomorrow morning... Click here to enlarge

Try to resize the image but says that I don't have the privileges to fix my own attachment? Sticky?

Click here to enlarge
    Fixed, you just have to use insert inline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So did you find a shop to install these or what are you going to do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a shop that is on E90 that is right outside of Charlotte..they do a lot of euro work and one of my customers goes there now because he moved down there.

Its called Euro-Wise I believe. Give them a ring and see what they can do

http://euro-wise.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In North Carolina they'll make moonshine but they won't install catless down pipes? Maybe you just have to give them the secret hand shake or something. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still working on it,my BMW tech said he'd take a look at it now, and the guys that tint my windows (they do other work on the side) said he'd do it because he sent me to 2 other people and he was pissed that they didn't take his word for it...but I might try Eurowise...hmmm all my options are now opening up hahaha...Eurowise looks nice Click here to enlarge but they should be in a week...hopefully

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and yes the 5 series has a different layout when it comes to downpipes...aka the 5 series is a real $#@! to put them in...sometimes I think it would almost be easier to drop the engine and subframe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    and yes the 5 series has a different layout when it comes to downpipes...aka the 5 series is a real $#@! to put them in...sometimes I think it would almost be easier to drop the engine and subframe.
    Click here to enlarge Don't say that... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast