Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Im thinking I might

    want to sell my car and pick up an E30 M3 and a bike.

    if any of you guys come across one in Henna Red that looks to be in good condition let me know

    are there any websites i should check

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Dude E30s are baller, so much you can do to them. Bike would be pretty badass, always wanted one myself. What you plan on getting?

    I got no clue for websites, places like cars.com didn't have anything under e36 m3.
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    I wish you the best of luck in finding one.

    I'd trade my left nut for an E30 Evo in red.

    This the red you're looking for? Some pics for you to drool on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Such a nice car..... :clap:

    Dunno about the bike though. I've always wanted one but down here in FL old people are crazy. Seen some messed up $#@!.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    13.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    God what an amazing car.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW
    I wish you the best of luck in finding one.

    I'd trade my left nut for an E30 Evo in red.

    This the red you're looking for? Some pics for you to drool on.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    that is sooo $#@!ing nice!

    I'd take that car in a heartbeat.

    and i dont want a crotch-rocket.
    im thinking either an Indian Bomber:
    Click here to enlarge

    A Triumph Bonneville
    Click here to enlarge

    or a possibly a Ducati Monster 696
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    13.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Get an e30 m3 and have it repainted

    and the Monster for the bike
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    13.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Get an e30 m3 and have it repainted

    and the Monster for the bike
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    13.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andyffer
    and the Monster for the bike
    +1. That's definitely my choice too.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290

    Looks nice man, go for it if it's what you want. $20K in getting the car back into shape :clap:

    I'd want to know more about the condition of the engine though. Apparently there was a rod thrown?

    Do it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Noc57
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290

    Looks nice man, go for it if it's what you want. $20K in getting the car back into shape :clap:

    I'd want to know more about the condition of the engine though. Apparently there was a rod thrown?

    Do it.

    how much do you think it'd be to get the engine back into order?

    everything else about it looks pretty nice

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Depends on what's all going on with it. The guy spent $20K on a new paint job and interior.......what about mechanically?

    I'd rather have a car that's running 85% mechanically than something that just looks pretty. With M's you know it's going to be expensive.

    Find out some more info then make your decision, good luck bro.

    ....and yes to the ducati, that'd be my choice.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    13.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    I would say don't get the e30, get an e46 m3 and a ducatti 1098s.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dark335i
    I would say don't get the e30, get an e46 m3 and a ducatti 1098s.
    im definitely not ready for that lol

    this is gonna be my first bike

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    13.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dark335i
    I would say don't get the e30, get an e46 m3 and a ducatti 1098s.
    im definitely not ready for that lol

    this is gonna be my first bike
    Then you shouldn't get a Monster either, just my opinion. Good luck.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dark335i
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dark335i
    I would say don't get the e30, get an e46 m3 and a ducatti 1098s.
    im definitely not ready for that lol

    this is gonna be my first bike
    Then you shouldn't get a Monster either, just my opinion. Good luck.
    monster actually isnt that bad

    only 80 peak hp and 50 tq

    And i have expreience on dirt bikes, just never road bikes

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290

    im definitely not ready for that lol

    this is gonna be my first bike

    monster actually isnt that bad

    only 80 peak hp and 50 tq

    And i have expreience on dirt bikes, just never road bikes
    You could't be more wrong. Although dirt riding is helpful, it is in no way going to make you a better rider. Infact it may just raise your self confidence to the level it shouldn't be at. That ducati Monster is just that, a Monster.

    Granted it's not as twitchy or sensitive as the 600cc and up SS bikes, it is enough to catch you off gaurd. People do not realize how many things can go wrong on a motorcycle, that too because of the wrong inputs they made. Its is NEVER the motorcycles fault, just the riders.

    I wouldn't reccomend getting any of those bikes in the pics above. Start off with a 250cc or 500cc(too many to list), and buy a used one because you will drop it one way or another. The last thing you want is a an expensive motorcycle with a $#@!ed up fairing that will cost you upwards of a few hundred just because of a newbie mistake you made of using the front brake in low speed maneuvers. Not to mention if you pop the clutch too quickly up goes the front wheel. Trust me, and do yourself a favour and get a suitable bike that is not too much for a beginner. Do some research and and ask if a certain bike is good or not and I will gladly give you some pointers.

    I was once in your situation and wanted a supersport as my first bike, and I'm glad someone knocked some sense into my 18(still am) year old brain.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    sweet home alabama
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    ATTENTION!!!! go to e90post video section and find the video of the E30 with the m6 v10 motor in it, its pure sex!!!!, so effin fast...im at work so i cant find the link for you so you might can go to youtube, its a grey e30 with v10, racing a e90 m3 on a big track, "just type e30 v10"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by collinse90
    ATTENTION!!!! go to e90post video section and find the video of the E30 with the m6 v10 motor in it, its pure sex!!!!, so effin fast...im at work so i cant find the link for you so you might can go to youtube, its a grey e30 with v10, racing a e90 m3 on a big track, "just type e30 v10"
    God damn. Too much want.

    [video:2wyzljoe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS5yDet6ngI[/video:2wyzljoe]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,080
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    There is an E30 here w/ an S85....it scares me.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    13.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Razzy
    You could't be more wrong. Although dirt riding is helpful, it is in no way going to make you a better rider. Infact it may just raise your self confidence to the level it shouldn't be at. That ducati Monster is just that, a Monster.

    Granted it's not as twitchy or sensitive as the 600cc and up SS bikes, it is enough to catch you off gaurd. People do not realize how many things can go wrong on a motorcycle, that too because of the wrong inputs they made. Its is NEVER the motorcycles fault, just the riders.

    I wouldn't reccomend getting any of those bikes in the pics above. Start off with a 250cc or 500cc(too many to list), and buy a used one because you will drop it one way or another. The last thing you want is a an expensive motorcycle with a $#@!ed up fairing that will cost you upwards of a few hundred just because of a newbie mistake you made of using the front brake in low speed maneuvers. Not to mention if you pop the clutch too quickly up goes the front wheel. Trust me, and do yourself a favour and get a suitable bike that is not too much for a beginner. Do some research and and ask if a certain bike is good or not and I will gladly give you some pointers.

    I was once in your situation and wanted a supersport as my first bike, and I'm glad someone knocked some sense into my 18(still am) year old brain.
    ^^^This!! Great post! :clap: :clap:
    Take this advice so you don't end up roadkill on the side of the highway. Also, get some good riding gear.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Razzy
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290

    im definitely not ready for that lol

    this is gonna be my first bike

    monster actually isnt that bad

    only 80 peak hp and 50 tq

    And i have expreience on dirt bikes, just never road bikes
    You could't be more wrong. Although dirt riding is helpful, it is in no way going to make you a better rider. Infact it may just raise your self confidence to the level it shouldn't be at. That ducati Monster is just that, a Monster.

    Granted it's not as twitchy or sensitive as the 600cc and up SS bikes, it is enough to catch you off gaurd. People do not realize how many things can go wrong on a motorcycle, that too because of the wrong inputs they made. Its is NEVER the motorcycles fault, just the riders.

    I wouldn't reccomend getting any of those bikes in the pics above. Start off with a 250cc or 500cc(too many to list), and buy a used one because you will drop it one way or another. The last thing you want is a an expensive motorcycle with a $#@!ed up fairing that will cost you upwards of a few hundred just because of a newbie mistake you made of using the front brake in low speed maneuvers. Not to mention if you pop the clutch too quickly up goes the front wheel. Trust me, and do yourself a favour and get a suitable bike that is not too much for a beginner. Do some research and and ask if a certain bike is good or not and I will gladly give you some pointers.

    I was once in your situation and wanted a supersport as my first bike, and I'm glad someone knocked some sense into my 18(still am) year old brain.

    word

    the only reason it was on my list is becasue GQ listed it in their top 3 bikes for begginers

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom
    There is an E30 here w/ an S85....it scares me.
    Heh, I wonder how much that S85 costs...and how much also it would cost to install?

    How do you buy just the engine? From an M6 that has crashed and owner that is parting it out?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Re: Im thinking I might

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Razzy
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guardianangel3290

    im definitely not ready for that lol

    this is gonna be my first bike

    monster actually isnt that bad

    only 80 peak hp and 50 tq

    And i have expreience on dirt bikes, just never road bikes
    You could't be more wrong. Although dirt riding is helpful, it is in no way going to make you a better rider. Infact it may just raise your self confidence to the level it shouldn't be at. That ducati Monster is just that, a Monster.

    Granted it's not as twitchy or sensitive as the 600cc and up SS bikes, it is enough to catch you off gaurd. People do not realize how many things can go wrong on a motorcycle, that too because of the wrong inputs they made. Its is NEVER the motorcycles fault, just the riders.

    I wouldn't reccomend getting any of those bikes in the pics above. Start off with a 250cc or 500cc(too many to list), and buy a used one because you will drop it one way or another. The last thing you want is a an expensive motorcycle with a $#@!ed up fairing that will cost you upwards of a few hundred just because of a newbie mistake you made of using the front brake in low speed maneuvers. Not to mention if you pop the clutch too quickly up goes the front wheel. Trust me, and do yourself a favour and get a suitable bike that is not too much for a beginner. Do some research and and ask if a certain bike is good or not and I will gladly give you some pointers.

    I was once in your situation and wanted a supersport as my first bike, and I'm glad someone knocked some sense into my 18(still am) year old brain.

    word

    the only reason it was on my list is becasue GQ listed it in their top 3 bikes for begginers
    Yes, but not for beginners Click here to enlarge . Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •