Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Map 5 targeting 16 PSI now....

...and it's nuts! This auto tuning thing seems to be a bit stronger than map 2, at least it is for me! Last night I was pulling onto the highway in a semi-aggressive manner, and a Camaro SS saw this and decided he wanted to test out the 'ol 335. He pulled up next to me at about 80 MPH and stomped it. He had exhaust, and some big ass brakes, but I couldn't see him with his dark tint, sot I decided to drop my car to fourth when he gunned it and pulled away pretty easily. He was about 10 car lengths back when I slowed down for traffic on the closed road Click here to enlarge . I'm just pleased with the JB4, and I think I want to do a few logs to see if I can run map 6 with another PSI or so. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nice, what are your mods?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    JB4, of course. A fine pair of AR downpipes sans cats, and a Helix intercooler. I also go back and fourth between a stock intake and BMS DCI. It's an all around nice setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

check out T's latest dyno's, the DCI is the way to go, no need to keep switchin around

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Good Stuff! You must have some cool weather where you are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'll have to check that out. I just can't stop thinking about those poor filters trapped under the hood on a hot day. -I know, I'm probably mental.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Dyno time! So i'm guessing this is much faster than the GTI?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hell yeah, its faster than the GTI. I ran a 12.97@112 with a FULL interior with everything I ride with everyday, except for the two kids seats. The best I could do with the GTI with 112 octane, methanol, no seats, k04, intercooler, tune, intake, exhaust, etc. was 13.62@108. This was done when I was switching between map one and five. The car is now retardo fast at map 5. But you know what? The 335 really isn't as fun as the GTI, even tough it would stomp it to a pulp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Hell yeah, its faster than the GTI. I ran a 12.97@112 with a FULL interior with everything I ride with everyday, except for the two kids seats. The best I could do with the GTI with 112 octane, methanol, no seats, k04, intercooler, tune, intake, exhaust, etc. was 13.62@108. This was done when I was switching between map one and five. The car is now retardo fast at map 5. But you know what? The 335 really isn't as fun as the GTI, even tough it would stomp it to a pulp.
    ahh damn, that GTI had some issues tho with the original Giac tune. That was with the Giac tune right?

And damn you got a 12.9 @112. thats awesome!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

My best time was with APR's K04 tune. It sounds like the GIAC tune is now stronger than APR's, but oh well. If I stuck with it, I'm pretty sure I'd have a 12 second GTI, but I was tired of sending logs and getting tunes over and over and over and over and....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    My best time was with APR's K04 tune. It sounds like the GIAC tune is now stronger than APR's, but oh well. If I stuck with it, I'm pretty sure I'd have a 12 second GTI, but I was tired of sending logs and getting tunes over and over and over and over and....
    Damn only 108 trap huh, I kinda expected more from a k04 mkv. I totally understand tho, you were one of the first with the AWE k04 kit.
    Burger Motorsports