Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks man

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Saw your car at bimmerfest today, but didnt see you. Sick as always Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah crap yeah I was loitering around it for some time but then went for many walks to see some stuff!

FWIW it turns out there is NOTHING wrong with either of my ECUs. It was all in the RPM sensor I was using (Cherry GS100502). Likely the the tooth shape of the BMW trigger wheel (which is a flat face, but scalloped between) is just not ideal. It works, but it doesn't work perfectly with the Cherry hall sensor. I guess I just never really noticed. Some people suggested that the DTA units were sub-par hardware but having opened it up I've found that they are produced by an OEM that makes ECU/control units for Aston Martin. Seems to be legit. Plugged my old "suspect" ECU into my harness after flashing the firmware and loading my tune - works perfectly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Big congrats on figuring out the hall sensor issue Jon. Glad you are having fun with your car.

Looking forward to more progress pics of you new awesome engine.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whats that kid doing to that horse?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Equus
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Ah crap yeah I was loitering around it for some time but then went for many walks to see some stuff!

FWIW it turns out there is NOTHING wrong with either of my ECUs. It was all in the RPM sensor I was using (Cherry GS100502). Likely the the tooth shape of the BMW trigger wheel (which is a flat face, but scalloped between) is just not ideal. It works, but it doesn't work perfectly with the Cherry hall sensor. I guess I just never really noticed. Some people suggested that the DTA units were sub-par hardware but having opened it up I've found that they are produced by an OEM that makes ECU/control units for Aston Martin. Seems to be legit. Plugged my old "suspect" ECU into my harness after flashing the firmware and loading my tune - works perfectly.
    What are you going to do with the old ECU? If you decide to sell it, you should send me a message or put up a thread for it here, I've been wanting to play around with one of these units.

Your dash is very well done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    A local friend. Undisclosed amount.

Nah - that stuff is getting silly. Spinning a motor like this over 7200 - 7300 RPM is asking for trouble. A new/better balancer would help, but definitely not cure it. People don't realize that the ATI balancers and such don't just bolt on, the crank needs to be machined and or the balancer needs to be machined, and then the balancer pressed onto the crank. Its annoying.

What do you plan to spin the motor to? I have the same setup s52 cranforged wiesco rods and pistons in a vanos m50 block but i am worried about the crank harmonics and oilpump nut problems? I am thinking 6,500rpm but figured i would see what a someone else thinks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234