Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

What is a Horsepower Freak? New promotional short film from HPF

Horsepower Freaks is becoming a giant for several reasons. One is that they have some of the most powerful packages available in the BMW aftermarket sphere. Another is that they have some of, if not the best, marketing in the BMW aftermarket. Part of the approach is controversial but the fact is you can not get away from the name and everyone does know it. Their build journals and marketing are basically the most detailed and well done out of anyone. The film is enjoyable and when Chris (owner of HPF) sent it to BimmerBoost, we told him we would have no problem putting it up.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I hope that someday they get in the E9x M3's. Make a turbo fit somehow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    I hope that someday they get in the E9x M3's. Make a turbo fit somehow.
    Won't happen and they have their hands full with the E46 M3 market. They haven't been able to balance that too well with the N54 let alone getting into the S65.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I understand, but the S54 is getting very dated. Obviously that chassis can't handle all that raw power, they haven't even been able to get the car in the 10s. Sure they are fast as hell, but the traction is horrible. What will their next project be? N54? N55? Or maybe a different brand?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I understand, but the S54 is getting very dated.
    The S54 is ahead of the N54 in a lot of ways. Frankly, it is a way a better motor and the N54 will never catch it.

Obviously that chassis can't handle all that raw power, they haven't even been able to get the car in the 10s. Sure they are fast as hell, but the traction is horrible. What will their next project be? N54? N55? Or maybe a different brand?
    Yep, the chassis sucks for drag racing. The E92 is way better. However, from a roll the things will dust anything else out there and they have proven to be monsters on the track.

I think they will move to the N54/N55 next but who knows when that will be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S54 is ahead of the N54 in a lot of ways. Frankly, it is a way a better motor and the N54 will never catch it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It's simply the truth. The S54 is at over 1000 whp, the N54 still has to figure out fueling to even get in the 600's. That is not to say the N54 is a bad motor but the S54 represents some of the best BMW Motor engineering in their history. I don't think you understand just how good it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

one day i will have an S54 (meaning an E46 m3) and get to experience its greatness... atm i will deal with my m54...

on topic, not too shabby video... BOV on mytran's car sounds sick
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Comparing the N54 to the S54 in terms of potential for huge numbers is ridiculous, the S54 has an iron block and revs a full thousand RPM more than the N54 so if you give it room to breathe and fit an appropriately large turbo there's no way the N54 could match it.

Basically, any amount of power you could make with the N54 (even after the aftermarket figures out fueling and other current issues with getting past 550rwhp) you can make a few hundred more with the S54.

Obviously this is without building either motor, you could build a K20 out of a Civic to make over a thousand horsepower if you really felt like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    Comparing the N54 to the S54 in terms of potential for huge numbers is ridiculous, the S54 has an iron block and revs a full thousand RPM more than the N54 so if you give it room to breathe and fit an appropriately large turbo there's no way the N54 could match it.

Basically, any amount of power you could make with the N54 (even after the aftermarket figures out fueling and other current issues with getting past 550rwhp) you can make a few hundred more with the S54.
    EXACTLY.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Real sick vidClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Vid is def awesome
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Fallon has been spamming this on like everyforum. saw it on the cobalt ss forum, GTI forum and more lmao. It is a pretty good vid. pretty sexy seeing her drive that beast of a car. Black hair ftw.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Fallon has been spamming this on like everyforum. saw it on the cobalt ss forum, GTI forum and more lmao. It is a pretty good vid. pretty sexy seeing her drive that beast of a car. Black hair ftw.
    Cobalt SS and GTI? Ugh, come on now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Go for it man, you can have her all for yourself. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

@2:20 *not actual grandmother Click here to enlarge (Lies)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

This video has been spammed everywhere, and I mean everywhere.

I didn't mind putting it up at all as it is well done but does it really need to be spammed onto Mercedes 190E forums? Seriously? Who there is going to be wanting HPF anything?

Cobalt forums? VW forums? Ugh... marketing is one thing but forcing this down everyone's throat where it doesn't even belong will have the opposite effect of what you guys are looking for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

They are going money drunk......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what year did the s54 come out? 2001? lets see where the n54 is by 2016 Click here to enlarge any who i saw the video the other day, they did a good job on it
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge

Obviously this is without building either motor, you could build a K20 out of a Civic to make over a thousand horsepower if you really felt like it.
    Wait a second... don't you have to build a S54 to take a lot of boost? Last time I heard the S54 is relatively high compression and Port Injection so it can't take much cylinder pressure without detonation..... not to mention it is EXPENSIVE and a pain in the ass currently to get it ready.....

Prove to me that the maximum stress limit of the S54 is higher than the N54. Even then, does that alone make it a "Better" motor?

In my opinion, no.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This video has been spammed everywhere, and I mean everywhere.

I didn't mind putting it up at all as it is well done but does it really need to be spammed onto Mercedes 190E forums? Seriously? Who there is going to be wanting HPF anything?

Cobalt forums? VW forums? Ugh... marketing is one thing but forcing this down everyone's throat where it doesn't even belong will have the opposite effect of what you guys are looking for.
    you also have to remember that most of their sales are from outside the M3 market. thats why they post it on alot of various places......i know what your saying why would they care about an m3 video on a cobalt forum, but it gets ppl to go to the website and maybe buy a few parts or at least keep it in mind the next time they need something.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Wait a second... don't you have to build a S54 to take a lot of boost? Last time I heard the S54 is relatively high compression and Port Injection so it can't take much cylinder pressure without detonation..... not to mention it is EXPENSIVE and a pain in the ass currently to get it ready.....

Prove to me that the maximum stress limit of the S54 is higher than the N54. Even then, does that alone make it a "Better" motor?

In my opinion, no.
    The S54 even on stock internals has hit over 700 whp at 11.5:1 compression. How's that? Come on man, over 100 hp per liter motor with an 8k redline and iron block. It is the most highly awarded BMW motor in history.

No amount of time is ever going to do anything for the N54 vs. the S54. It is playing a never ending game of catch-up. To get the N54 to be as capable you have to basically try to turn it into an S54.

It honestly even close, the S54 is in another league, same with the S38.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    you also have to remember that most of their sales are from outside the M3 market. thats why they post it on alot of various places......i know what your saying why would they care about an m3 video on a cobalt forum, but it gets ppl to go to the website and maybe buy a few parts or at least keep it in mind the next time they need something.
    That is true, but then does that excuse spamming those markets? Just feels like this is being thrown up everywhere which takes away somewhat from the marketing and the video itself.

Not a big deal but just kind of surprising to be reading forums that have nothing to do with HPF and seeing Fallon spamming away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How long did it take to sort out the ecu for boost? Honestly two different motor characteristics, you don't see the s54 having 500 ft/tq at 2800rpm

The S54 even on stock internals has hit over 700 whp at 11.5:1 compression. How's that? Come on man, over 100 hp per liter motor with an 8k redline and iron block. It is the most highly awarded BMW motor in history.

No amount of time is ever going to do anything for the N54 vs. the S54. It is playing a never ending game of catch-up. To get the N54 to be as capable you have to basically try to turn it into an S54.

It honestly even close, the S54 is in another league, same with the S38.
    JB4LIFE

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast