04-09-2010, 04:10 AM #1Guest Vendor
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- Rep Points
- 0 Post(s)
- Rep Power
▀▄ eas | remoteKEY+ window Control for BMW
As a couple of selected individual beta testers have known, we have been working on a bit of a side project.
Earlier this summer, we were made aware that 3-series/M3 and 1-series models with a production date of 3/09 and later were not prewired if the "Alarm" option was not specified during the ordering process. This is not new to BMW as e46 models overseas were subject to this in the past - however, most US bound vehicles were prewired.
The remoteKEY project was something we introduced that dates back to 2007 on BMW 3-series models, which allowed specific convenience features such as the following:
- Remote window control
- Automatic door unlocking when ignition is turned off
- All windows can be closed One-Touch with the wide "All-Windows" button in the driver's door.
- Remote Fold-in Mirrors (if equipped)
As many already know, EU models seem to keep the cool features while US models feel a bit left out in the cold, likely due to liability concerns, among other matters. Rather than create a whole different module, we felt the features would be best suited integrated into an existing product.
Please see the included video clip:
- Full factory alarm confirmation chirp/flashing corners/blinking mirror/LED emulation
- Remote window control: One-Touch operation of the windows and sunroof with the original remote on all models (US and Euro)
- Automatic door unlocking when ignition is turned off. Avoid having to pull the door handles twice to get out
- Comfort windows: All windows can be closed One-Touch with the wide "All-Windows" button in the driver's door.
- User programmable: The module can be individually enabled or disabled. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.
- Remote Fold-in Mirrors (if equipped). remoteKEY will fold in your mirrors on alarm activation.
- Shop/Diagnose mode: If activated the module is completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes invisible to diagnostic tools.
- End user upgradeable via integrated USB port
Alarm Mode described:
Unfortunately, in today's age - most people are oblivious to a sounding car alarm. BMW's EWS already does a great job on protecting the vehicle - a strong reason why you don't hear of many BMW's being stolen. However, the blinking mirror LED is a deterrent that most thieves will avoid.
Blinking Mirror LED/Confirmation Chirps
To keep costs down, proximity detection and alarm siren were not included with remoteKEY+. As stated before, alarms do their best work as a deterrent.
The most requested feature was the blinking mirror LED (clown nose) and confirmation chirp, which cannot be added without purchasing a BMW factory alarm, which can cost around $500 including programming. With the blinking LED, this acts as a deterrent - in which a thief is likely to move onto an easier target thinking an alarm is installed.
Keyless entry (standard on all BMW 3-series and 1-series models) do not have corner light confirmation when locking the doors. Another part that irked me was the volume of the factory alarm's confirmation chirp.
When measured, we found the chip to be at about 60db, which is barely audiable in daytime especially with ambient noise. In order to counteract this, we are using a 75db chirp, and fully emulates the factory confirmation chirp used on the BMW alarm. Also included is corner/taillight flash confirmation to ensure the doors did get the key command from your remote and your doors are locked when leaving the vehicle.
Remote window control
One-Touch operation of the windows and sunroof with the original remote on all models (US and Euro). Simply press and hold the unlock button for +3 seconds to initiate the command to roll down the windows/sunroof. Pressing the roundel button on the key for +3 seconds will roll up the windows/sunroof.
Windows and sunroof can also be activated independently and has no conflicts with those equipped with CA (comfort access).
- Setting 1 allows remote operation of the windows and the sunroof by using the original factory remote fob: Press and hold UNLOCK for 2 seconds: Open all windows
- Press and hold LOCK for 2 seconds: Close all windows
- Press and hold UNLOCK for 5 seconds: Open windows and sunroof
- Press and hold LOCK for 5 seconds: Close windows and sunroof
Remote Fold-in Mirrors
For those equipped with Premium package, remoteKEY+ will fold in your mirrors on alarm activation. Feature can also be enabled with the door handle on CA-equipped models.
Automatic door unlocking when ignition is turned off
Enough said. Simply pull the interior door handle once to exit the vehicle.
Even with the modules - not everyone is a "one size fits all" and all features may not be for everyone. The module can be individually enabled or disabled. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.
The module works seamlessly in the background, which is exactly what is intended. As an added precaution, Shop/Diagnose mode places remoteKEY+ into sleep mode making it completely passive, as if it was not installed at all and becoming 100% invisible to diagnostic tools.
Especially useful as new features or updates are released, module does not need to be removed for upgrading - it can be performed by the end user.
Best of all, remoteKEY+ can be installed in approximately 45 minutes with no coding/activation required from your dealer. For those with leased vehicles, the module can easily be removed with no trace of installation.
2008+ 1-series Coupe/Convertible
2006+ 3-series Coupe/Sedan (e90/e92 models only)
2007+ 3-series Convertible
Questions and comments are welcomed in this thread.