Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Track Day @ Willow Spring: C63 review, pic, X5M video, MBH C63 Drive By

Car had great power for the track, torque was great coming out of turns. But damn does this PIG understeer! It was about 90 degrees, tires would get hot and it was definitely mostly my fault going in to hot on some turns, was my first time with this car. There was just so much front end push. Need better tires for 1 and maybe some coil overs would help. But the weight would just add up and the brakes would fade after a bit, dont even feel like it was the brakes but that the tires couldnt keep up with the brakes and the weight would just work against you so much. They also just laid down new pavement a week ago so the pavement had no rubber laid down, no tire marks to help learn brake zones or lines. Made it tricky plus this track is FAST and it was my first time on it. Everyone who came had a blast, was tons of fun. Thanks TIGHTIE!!!!!

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Here Is Niterider driving Tightie and myself in the Gintani/OE tuned X5M. I was pretty impressed by this thing on the track. You could feel the car awd in effect mid turn. Would kind of hesitate / boggle between oversteer and understeer, had a weird twitch that I couldnt exactly spot as a passenger. But the thing was a beast, so much torque!!! Power was there.

Here is MBW member Xtyper (3rd car, first 2 are m3's) driving by. He has the C63 w/ MBH headers. Car sounded absolutely stock when at idle. Couldnt tell any exhaust mods were done, but when he would gas it the thing sounded BEAST!
    Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 06-10-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lucky you. It looks like a lot of fun. That M3 sounded crazy....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Lucky you. It looks like a lot of fun. That M3 sounded crazy....
    first 2 are M3's 3rd is the C63 w/ MBH headers
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to move the track forum since it has more than just C-class details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's sick! My homie was there with the turbo Jetta haha I saw some good footage. I keep talking to them on the phone while i was at work. I wish I coulda made it but today was pay day Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That's sick! My homie was there with the turbo Jetta haha I saw some good footage. I keep talking to them on the phone while i was at work. I wish I coulda made it but today was pay day Click here to enlarge
    Turbo Jetta huh? Get him here, I'm working on VWboost as soon as I'm done with PorscheBoost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    first 2 are M3's 3rd is the C63 w/ MBH headers
    My bad, I didn't pay much attention to it, was just listening to the sound. It was the C63 I was referring too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Turbo Jetta huh? Get him here, I'm working on VWboost as soon as I'm done with PorscheBoost.
    I would, but he's not too big on the forums he just buys and sells cars.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, I saw him there. He was doing well I believe.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would, but he's not too big on the forums he just buys and sells cars.
    Well then, eliminate him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    yes, I saw him there. He was doing well I believe.
    Yea, he told me ppl kept looking at him and wonder why he was there. once he got on the track they got all googley eyed when in the straight away when they couldnt catch up! he told me he pulled on e92 m3 and that Evo that was there. Maybe about 2-3 cars behind the porsche turbo.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well then, eliminate him.
    lmaoo, on to the next one
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice, looks like loads of fun
    Click here to enlarge