Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Who do I have to kill for "max cool mode"?

I'm just curious.... It's been hot here, tommorrow is my birthday, give me a nice present and addition to the JB4! Also why does the 335 A/C suck nuts? It's almost as weak as my GTI. I'm about to buy some fine American car just for the air conditioning!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL coming in the next update.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    I'm just curious.... It's been hot here, tommorrow is my birthday, give me a nice present and addition to the JB4! Also why does the 335 A/C suck nuts? It's almost as weak as my GTI. I'm about to buy some fine American car just for the air conditioning!
    I think it's just factory turbo cars.. or at least the ones with smaller engines. My Cobalt is as weak as my GTI was.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I remember with E46's the A/C had a setting called "Hot Country Mode" that made it colder. It could only be activated through a GT1. I wonder if it's the same deal with these cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That would be some $#@!, wouldn't it? I'd be handing out recodes for cash. People would be hitting me up for their Chill fix. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    LOL coming in the next update.
    Explain? So some setting to make the AC work better?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ryan email me, you can test it. Click here to enlarge

Sticky it basically overruns the fan and water pump at cooler temperatures than the DME would, to help prevent things from heating up in the first place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, two different topics at once. sorry about that. I'm emailing you now!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, two different topics at once. sorry about that. I'm emailing you now!
    Keep us posted!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No killing necessary...the new firmware is out!
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Surprisingly loud!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmerocious Click here to enlarge
    Surprisingly loud!!
    You are saying this new mode is? At least you know its working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes...quite loud. It is on all the time, except when coolant under 160 degrees (i think) or if over 40% throttle.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Basically correct. It's very loud. The price we pay to stay cool. You can see (hear) why BMW didn't use similar logic. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's so sick. video?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Turn on the A/C on the Cobalt full tilt and then stand in front of the engine....Tada! That's what it's like. I would like it to go balls out while the engine is off. This would be helpful between runs at the strip, but I was able to somewhat compensate by running "rest" at full tilt when letting the car cool down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Turn on the A/C on the Cobalt full tilt and then stand in front of the engine....Tada! That's what it's like. I would like it to go balls out while the engine is off. This would be helpful between runs at the strip, but I was able to somewhat compensate by running "rest" at full tilt when letting the car cool down.
    Well you can easily run the fan this way by running a secondary power wire from a non ignition power source with a manual switch.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

the key is to run the waterpump at the same time. If it's possible to do through software, I'd love to do it that way, instead of hacking into the harness.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had my car flashed by PAW with a new cooling map, it makes the water pump and fan go off 10 degrees cooler, I hardly every see 230 here in the Hot heat of Miami, Im usually sitting at around 210 even in traffic, flashing is the way to go. Im still running Jb4 for boost but with the PAW flash for other stuff including the cooling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if it means staying cooler when outside temps are 100+ in this texas heat, I don't mind as long as it doesn't sound like a lawn mower inside. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    if it means staying cooler when outside temps are 100+ in this texas heat, I don't mind as long as it doesn't sound like a lawn mower inside. Click here to enlarge
    It's close to a snapper......not quite a John Deer, and louder than a Kubota

It's really loud. I would turn it on if I were sitting in traffic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaza45 Click here to enlarge
    I had my car flashed by PAW with a new cooling map, it makes the water pump and fan go off 10 degrees cooler, I hardly every see 230 here in the Hot heat of Miami, Im usually sitting at around 210 even in traffic, flashing is the way to go. Im still running Jb4 for boost but with the PAW flash for other stuff including the cooling.
    That isn't really comparable at all. Kicking them on cooler doesn't keep the car cooler just means it takes longer to get completely heat soaked. The JB4 actually runs the water pump at 100% duty all the time as well as the fan (except when under operating temp or when over 40% throttle)...actually keeping the car cooler all the time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the key is to run the waterpump at the same time. If it's possible to do through software, I'd love to do it that way, instead of hacking into the harness.
    It actually should be since the turbos are water cooled the ecu will keep the pump running after hot shutdown rather than keeping the engine running like a turbo timer would....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaza45 Click here to enlarge
    So a hybrid setup eh? Interesting, glad PAW took care of you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds interesting! Make sure to set the JB4 AFR values all to 0 if you set the AFR via the flash.

Just for general discussion overall feedback has been pretty positive with our new max cool mode.