Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    These results have been independently verified and runfiles are available for D/L by your favorite guy, PG - for foulplay in which he saw none.
    Since when does anyone care who or what that guy verifies as if he is a dyno expert?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    ^ but thats my point, they make power on a dyno lets see if it makes power on the road...hence actualy time figures. Im not putting the figure down in anyway, but im just saying If i was a tuner and I was sure my cars made power, I would prove it on the road, sell my tunes by having factual #'s. I.E. - Hey a stock car did a 60-130 in 12.8 with the tune it ran a 12.6....with fbo it ran 12.0 then with the tune 11.8.

If these cars made power on the dyno but actually did not improve at all on the road what would be the point?
    Nobody is saying there is foul play. But my point was the above. That people maybe getting #s on a dyno but lets see if these high dyno #s actually translate to #'s on the road.

Also here is DLSJ5's dyno of his e92 m3 with Gintani X pipe and Borla Mufflers WITHOUT A TUNE. If at 355whp he holds the N/A record for 60-130 @10.7 seconds. One of these 400+whp motors should be able to easily beat that time. Especially on the east coast on 93 octane while he was on 91

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

That's fine send me a VBOX then, I have a map switcher. The tune on and off make 25whp/25wtq which makes up for some time - especially up top. I think it's silly to say the tune does nothing for acceleration.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

^ but thats my point, they make power on a dyno lets see if it makes power on the road...hence actualy time figures. Im not putting the figure down in anyway, but im just saying If i was a tuner and I was sure my cars made power, I would prove it on the road, sell my tunes by having factual #'s. I.E. - Hey a stock car did a 60-130 in 12.8 with the tune it ran a 12.6....with fbo it ran 12.0 then with the tune 11.8.

If these cars made power on the dyno but actually did not improve at all on the road what would be the point?
    We personally don't care to prove it so far but it could be done to an interested party. We live in the city - no "mexico" around here. If you want to do 130+ around here you are jail bound.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Since when does anyone care who or what that guy verifies as if he is a dyno expert?
    He'd be the first to blow the whistle on a questionable OE graph, .....and he didn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Hes first in line to blow a lot more than whistles though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

He'd be the first to blow the whistle on a questionable OE graph, .....and he didn't.
    All I read from this was he + blows.

You are right though, he would, but it isn't a credible source to begin with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

That's fine send me a VBOX then, I have a map switcher. The tune on and off make 25whp/25wtq which makes up for some time - especially up top. I think it's silly to say the tune does nothing for acceleration.
    I didnt say it does nothing for acceleration but it has never been proven that it does.

We personally don't care to prove it so far but it could be done to an interested party. We live in the city - no "mexico" around here. If you want to do 130+ around here you are jail bound.
    I dont understand how you can say you dont care to prove it, thats insanity to me. Thats like saying I dont need to prove that my suspension makes my car handle better, or that my SC makes my car faster .....

also I didnt realize you guys were OE. Not sure how I missed that or forgot. Hey im friends with them. I had a Gintani SC on my E92. Dont think Im only talking to you specifically, Ive asked all tuners to prove it on the road, dont want you to think im specifically asking you. Also alex/jeremy have a VBOX! You should ask them for it and do it!! I bet you it would help you sell tunes if people actually saw real results, times, figures etc....

I also have been asking for this because I have seen a car tuned that made power on a dyno, and did not run any faster when timed from 60-130.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I didnt say it does nothing for acceleration but it has never been proven that it does.

I dont understand how you can say you dont care to prove it, thats insanity to me. Thats like saying I dont need to prove that my suspension makes my car handle better, or that my SC makes my car faster .....

also I didnt realize you guys were OE. Not sure how I missed that or forgot. Hey im friends with them. I had a Gintani SC on my E92. Dont think Im only talking to you specifically, Ive asked all tuners to prove it on the road, dont want you to think im specifically asking you. Also alex/jeremy have a VBOX! You should ask them for it and do it!! I bet you it would help you sell tunes if people actually saw real results, times, figures etc....

I also have been asking for this because I have seen a car tuned that made power on a dyno, and did not run any faster when timed from 60-130.
    also the car was run about 10 times before the tune, then run 10 times after the tune in the exact same location within a week, weather was the same. Car actually the car couldn't even match the best run before the tune...

car only felt like it was faster due to the increased throttle response, and imo that is why most people think their car is faster after getting tuned, because the throttle is more responsive.

Any input on that?
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

awesome numbers!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

to be honest i didnt really feel a difference after getting the tune......i picked up 15whp on the dyno but i couldnt really feel much on the road.......it did get rid of the CEL tho.....also in 3rd gear i have a serious dip in power at around 3k rpm........if you start in 3rd at 2000rpm and floor it the car literally stops pulling from 2800-3500 and then starts pulling hard, not sure what the hell that is....anyways hitting the track wednesday with slicks, should be low 12 or 12 flat at 116-117+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    to be honest i didnt really feel a difference after getting the tune......i picked up 15whp on the dyno but i couldnt really feel much on the road.......it did get rid of the CEL tho.....also in 3rd gear i have a serious dip in power at around 3k rpm........if you start in 3rd at 2000rpm and floor it the car literally stops pulling from 2800-3500 and then starts pulling hard, not sure what the hell that is....anyways hitting the track wednesday with slicks, should be low 12 or 12 flat at 116-117+
    not at etown on this heat, id be surprised with a 115mph...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

we need a video sir!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Update:

After battling spark plug issues and lost timing for a bit we swapped out the plugs - Added a MS Stage 2 intake, quick tune touch up for it and got these results: 422whp / 304wtq which still holds the n/a 4L record.

Click here to enlarge

We tested two cars with before and after of the MS Stage 2 and got an additional 8-10whp / wtq over already having rpi scoops / bmc filters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Update:

After battling spark plug issues and lost timing for a bit we swapped out the plugs - Added a MS Stage 2 intake, quick tune touch up for it and got these results: 422whp / 304wtq which still holds the n/a 4L record.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...76385_88-1.jpg

We tested two cars with before and after of the MS Stage 2 and got an additional 8-10whp / wtq over already having rpi scoops / bmc filters.
    I'd pay money to see this car on a dynojet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

We have a friend with one - but he is battling issues with it right now. Any way it would still be over 400 regardless of the dynojet and correction (Std, din, uncorrected)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Over 300 wheel torque at approx 3700rpm is more than what a stock car makes at the flywheel.

The dips and bumps int he power graph look very close to a stock car with say a primary decat system. You can clearly see the top end is strong though.

However, it looks like a phase shifted graph.

On a very high HP NA car I would not expect to have massive low end torque aswell as top end power. I would expect to see a very steep shape at the higher rpm.

What would be a good test is to put a stock car on the same dyno with your rear wheels and tyres. I have seen tyres make a staggering difference to wheel horsepower.

If somehow the tuner managed to get this much of a power increase through the entire rev band equally then he truly is the best of all of the tuners out there by a massive massive margin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

This is a dynapack. No tires on, truely no bs machine.

We baselined the car stock at about say 30 different runs between 335 and 340whp. And yes "he" is a very good tuner. The linear results have shown on not just the dynapack but the dynamics and dynojet as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Video of our first run loaded:

415whp

My strongest stock pass on this same dyno is 342whp / 252wtq.

+80whp gains and +52wtq to date.

Gains and changes since April dyno: MS stage 2 intake, new spark plugs (Previous 402)

Click here to enlarge

Runfiles available for download shortly.

Update:

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...76385_88-1.jpg

Last edited by BrenM3; 11-14-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

This is a dynapack. No tires on, truely no bs machine.

We baselined the car stock at about say 30 different runs between 335 and 340whp. And yes "he" is a very good tuner. The linear results have shown on not just the dynapack but the dynamics and dynojet as well.
    And the runs are corrected or uncorrected? This is where dyno's can get it very very wrong sometimes.

If the tuner can gain this much power consistently (in terms of a gain) on every other dyno accross the entire rpm range then he is indeed the very best out there.

Do you have some graphs to show the torque and HP of a stock car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Also, the last graph you have shown - an almost equal gain accross the entire rpm range.

As dyno operators we see this happen all of the time when the conditrions change.

Will the run files have all of the correction factors and run conditions?

We also see this when different gears are being used but I am assuming the same gear was being used everytime?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes, same correction factor and conditions used. You CANNOT run different gears on this type of dyno and have the same results and ending rpm, runfiles will show this as well as the same ratio per runs since the beginning.

Even uncorrected/corrected/din/sae/sae adapated/std the car made far over 400whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge

If the tuner can gain this much power consistently (in terms of a gain) on every other dyno accross the entire rpm range then he is indeed the very best out there.
    Here is the tune on a dynojet different car different mods - notice the smooth gains through the band on 3 different types of dynos (including mine):

http://i51.tinypic.com/1hxv90.jpg

DD:

http://oetuning.com/blog/wp-content/...une-600pix.jpg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Also, the last graph you have shown - an almost equal gain accross the entire rpm range.
    It's the same tune, just new plugs (allowing higher timing targets) and an air intake were added.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I like you. Compared to everyone else you keep your composure and actually answer any queries . Respect for that.

Ok, the dynojet graph

(I cannot post the link)

Run no 1 against 11. On run no1 the ECU never ever even comes close to hitting it's ignition targets. This was pointed out by myself on many other forums. Not just ignition targets but also fuel targets are not met.
    Typically we see around a 10-12hp difference between the first run and the highest run on any given M3. The difference can be larger on cars with exhaust modifications.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast