Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    847
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, how many miles are on it? How are you 100% sure no other E9X with an SC has that many miles? I do know we have seen reports posted here as well as in magazines of track days with other SC's. Namely, we have seen it with the Gintani SC. However, I don't doubt AA has been testing. I sure hope they have with all this spare time.
    From what i know the AA SC car was running at Sebring before any other SC car was even running. Namely of course Gintani, anything except Gintani is crap for you. Im impressed with Gintani's stuff but i dont go clowning on other companies because of it.

    The story about the car getting pushed cracks me up all the time. It was G-power by the way.
    So was Gintani's car running reliably last Bimmerfest?

    They weren't the first one with a reliable working E9X SC car as ESS and Gintani both had cars running before them.
    Running and reliable are 2 different things, were those cars being driven hard, tested by other companies on the track? I know the AA car was at Sebring being driven by a race car company before Bimmerfest last year. I still can care less when they first started running or not, as long as its done right at the end. From the pics, it looks great! AA to me has proven way more then other companies and their kit will be a very strong competitor worldwide. This is not to say Gintanti or ESS isnt doing well now, it seems like they are. I guess we will see what happens in a year or so.

    Their market will be very strong as people aren't lining up for kits exactly right now. It really is funny how many M3 owners are scared to mod and don't mod. Hell, best option for anyone as of right now is to buy my kit Click here to enlarge Why would you have an AA kit with 9 psi over any other? What specific reasons Taza other than them building your E46?
    The M3 community opens up to modding as time goes by, it does look like it has started faster with the E9x then the E46. It took me about 8 months to supercharge my car and people were calling me crazy.

    I would simply have AA because of experience and reputation. Ive had my car SC'd by them and then turbo'd. I made the most power with their supercharger kit for a very long time. And now my car holds the power record for the E46 with their build. And let me tell you, the car impresses me (except for a slow leaking headgasket, which is being fixed) its built perfectly.



    Nothing is as good as Gintani, sorry..

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    I love LA.
    Posts
    123
    Rep Points
    177.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    What is this thread? Almost everything ive read is nonsense...

    HKS designed it for them? Really? Click here to enlarge The supercharger is a HKS unit, thats about it.


    AA had a harder time tuning it? Sticky really? Come on now... If anyone knows how to tune these cars, its AA. They took there time and are pretty much one of the only companies with REAL long term testing with the e9x supercharger kit. They also wanted the design to be done well, imo the teaser pictures show the kit to be the nicest looking out there. Most of the others look like they are done real quick and thrown together.

    And just because its A/A cooling doesn't mean its less complex, wait for more features. I'm a big fan of A/A cooling, imo W/A cooling is not necessary.
    + 1.
    I was speaking with Omar even when I had my Gpower kit. The tuning and everything was done, I even have dynos from Omar that I can't release. Joseph, you don't know it all. Vik is telling the truth.

    AA designed everything, I was on the phone with them at least 2 hours a day, I have tons of drawings, pictures and emails, I was going to drive their E90 at Bfest last year but there was too many cops in SB.

    Don't start being bias like other forums.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Who came out first means nothing really, it's who is best and mos reliable at the end that matters. Seeing Gintani's kit and meetin them, I think they will always remain a top contender for this platform. I also have no doubt AA's kit will be amazing in many ways as well. Gintani and AA will be at the top of the pick IMO for teh next few years.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    847
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tightie Click here to enlarge
    + 1.
    I was speaking with Omar even when I had my Gpower kit. The tuning and everything was done, I even have dynos from Omar that I can't release. Joseph, you don't know it all. Vik is telling the truth.

    AA designed everything, I was on the phone with them at least 2 hours a day, I have tons of drawings, pictures and emails, I was going to drive their E90 at Bfest last year but there was too many cops in SB.

    Don't start being bias like other forums.
    Thank you, that is my point. Their E90 SC was left behind in CA for a week after Bimmerfest and it was driven by many people very hard. It was also abused at the Sebring track weeks before Bimmerfest. It didn't have 1 issue...

    I have also seen dyno's of the car awhile ago, i think it was even posted once and it was quite impressive back then.

    But again who comes out first doesn't mean a thing. To doubt AA's capability and mention others as being better at tuning as the reason why theirs is introduced late is plain BS.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    From what i know the AA SC car was running at Sebring before any other SC car was even running. Namely of course Gintani, anything except Gintani is crap for you. Im impressed with Gintani's stuff but i dont go clowning on other companies because of it.



    So was Gintani's car running reliably last Bimmerfest?



    Running and reliable are 2 different things, were those cars being driven hard, tested by other companies on the track? I know the AA car was at Sebring being driven by a race car company before Bimmerfest last year. I still can care less when they first started running or not, as long as its done right at the end. From the pics, it looks great! AA to me has proven way more then other companies and their kit will be a very strong competitor worldwide. This is not to say Gintanti or ESS isnt doing well now, it seems like they are. I guess we will see what happens in a year or so.



    The M3 community opens up to modding as time goes by, it does look like it has started faster with the E9x then the E46. It took me about 8 months to supercharge my car and people were calling me crazy.

    I would simply have AA because of experience and reputation. Ive had my car SC'd by them and then turbo'd. I made the most power with their supercharger kit for a very long time. And now my car holds the power record for the E46 with their build. And let me tell you, the car impresses me (except for a slow leaking headgasket, which is being fixed) its built perfectly.



    Nothing is as good as Gintani, sorry..
    Why are you saying anything but Gintani is crap because I'm asking how many miles the AA sc has? I'm not singling out Gintani nor did I fail to mention ESS. I believe I have complimented ESS on their hardware time and time again. You said 100% it has more testing miles, I don't think you can support it as you don't know how many miles everyone else has. As I said, I really am looking forward to all the details and feel AA is a solid option in the BMW community.

    I know Gintani was driving their car to Mfest and to Bimmerfest. I know a few tuners that didn't drive their SC's there.

    Running and reliable are two different things, yep. If AA's kit was reliable way back then (based on what?) why is it released just now? It takes almost a year for the plenum? Absolutely, all that matters is if it is done right in the end. No point in rushing it only to get it wrong, better to get it right.

    You are taking questions about AA the wrong way. I'm asking you to support certain statements. I'm also not the one who said HKS built it for them, that was someone else. If you are basing going with AA based on your past experience, as I speculated, that is absolutely fine and nothing wrong with that. I'm excited to see more details come so we can get a detailed comparison going.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tightie Click here to enlarge
    + 1.
    I was speaking with Omar even when I had my Gpower kit. The tuning and everything was done, I even have dynos from Omar that I can't release. Joseph, you don't know it all. Vik is telling the truth.

    AA designed everything, I was on the phone with them at least 2 hours a day, I have tons of drawings, pictures and emails, I was going to drive their E90 at Bfest last year but there was too many cops in SB.

    Don't start being bias like other forums.
    I specifically asked how many miles the car has as Vik said he is 100% sure it has more miles than anyone else.

    I didn't say AA didn't design everything, you confused me with someone else in the thread.

    Biased? You mean asking questions and discussing the product without deleting responses? It won't matter who it is, I'll ask questions.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    157
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    yeah sticky wasnt being biased just straight forward questions....+1 for bimmerboost

    i find the questions very interesting also and looking forward to the response

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    847
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why are you saying anything buy Gintani is crap because I'm asking how many miles the AA sc has? You said 100% it has more miles, I don't think you can support it. As I said, I really am looking forward to all the details and feel AA is a solid option in the BMW community.

    I know Gintani was driving their car to Mfest and to Bimmerfest. I know a few tuners that didn't drive their SC's there.
    So which Gintani car can you say has more miles then the AA car? Alex's? We both know it doesn't have many miles.. Also what happened with that car? How about the speculations of the manifold popping off during Bimmerfest etc..?

    I dont know the exact mileage of the AA car since i dont go to FL often but i do know it is driven ALOT and continuously. Just realize i said nothing wrong about Gintani and you made it a Gintani vs AA thing for some reason.

    Running and reliable are two difference things. If AA's kit was reliable way back then (based on what?) why is it released just now? Absolutely, all that matters is if it is done right in the end. No point in rushing it only to get it wrong, better to get it right.
    Instead of reading you are just attacking. The kit was always running reliably, the main reason for the delay was production design. They didn't rush it and it doesn't look like a big hump thats not supposed to be there. I drove the car, it ran perfectly. More people have driven that car then any other SC car. YES I CAN SUPPORT IT. Am i supposed to make a chart for you?

    You are taking questions about AA the wrong way. I'm asking you to support certain statements. I'm also not the one who said HKS built it for them, that was someone else. If you are basing going with AA based on your past experience, as I speculated, that is absolutely fine and nothing wrong with that. I'm excited to see more details come so we can get a detailed comparison going.
    Yes the HKS thing was a complete lie and no you didnt say it. You did say other things like the fact that AA was having trouble tuning the car, which is also a lie. Yes because of my past experience and THEIR BUSINESS EXPERIENCE/REPUTATION then i would probably have an AA kit right now. This doesnt mean other kits aren't good..

    I too am excited about the AA kit and hope the competition is strong!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    847
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I specifically asked how many miles the car has as Vik said he is 100% sure it has more miles than anyone else.

    I didn't say AA didn't design everything, you confused me with someone else in the thread.

    Biased? You mean asking questions and discussing the product without deleting responses? It won't matter who it is, I'll ask questions.
    Me getting you the exact mileage is gonna do what for you? Are you gonna compare it to your mileage? Who's mileage would you even compare it to? The only car that would come close to the mileage would probably be one of the ESS cars. Is that safe to assume?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    So which Gintani car can you say has more miles then the AA car? Alex's? We both know it doesn't have many miles.. Also what happened with that car? How about the speculations of the manifold popping off during Bimmerfest etc..?

    I dont know the exact mileage of the AA car since i dont go to FL often but i do know it is driven ALOT and continuously. Just realize i said nothing wrong about Gintani and you made it a Gintani vs AA thing for some reason.



    Instead of reading you are just attacking. The kit was always running reliably, the main reason for the delay was production design. They didn't rush it and it doesn't look like a big hump thats not supposed to be there. I drove the car, it ran perfectly. More people have driven that car then any other SC car. YES I CAN SUPPORT IT. Am i supposed to make a chart for you?



    Yes the HKS thing was a complete lie and no you didnt say it. You did say other things like the fact that AA was having trouble tuning the car, which is also a lie. Yes because of my past experience and THEIR BUSINESS EXPERIENCE/REPUTATION then i would probably have an AA kit right now. This doesnt mean other kits aren't good..

    I too am excited about the AA kit and hope the competition is strong!
    Actually I was referring to Niterider's car which has very hard miles. People were speculating about the manifold popping off? Honestly, I don't even know about that, but if it wasn't a production manifold does it matter? You have seen the production manifold and no one has ever had it "pop" off.

    I understand that you don't know the exact mileage, no big deal, but that is the point. No way for you to know 100% how many testing miles it has vs. everyone else. I did not make it Gintani vs. AA I asked for you to support it.

    Taza, I'm not attacking you by asking questions. I have nothing against you and AA. Not rushing it is a good thing, as I have said. I don't doubt the car runs perfectly, as I have said. The main question, which may be uncomfortable for you as you are a fan of AA, has been asking why the delays when the scheduled release was stated to be last year. Why not dynos? Usually it is the software that is much more difficult to get done in time than the plenum which is why I asked.

    I have stated it is not easy to tune the factory DME and I think AA taking as long as they have to get it right, which apparently they have and are quite capable of, is a testament to it. I don't see how this is a lie. You have a great experience with them and I'm very happy to have your perspective. Taza, constantly agreeing or just posting "+1, yay" responses would not be productive. I consider you a good guy so I'm just asking you questions like I would anyone else, no need to get offended or feel I am attacking.

    I'm super excited about all the kits and even more options materializing. I'm even excited about seeing what VF does.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Me getting you the exact mileage is gonna do what for you? Are you gonna compare it to your mileage? Who's mileage would you even compare it to? The only car that would come close to the mileage would probably be one of the ESS cars. Is that safe to assume?
    I think it is safe to assume although it would be difficult to trust anything coming directly out of ESS. The point was you made a bold statement of 100% regarding the testing mileage which I don't feel you can accurately support without having all the exact data. I think the correct assumption in this case would be to say everyone has had significant testing.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    157
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    so AA has been working on this since the last mfest? and the hardware just long to produce?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    847
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Actually I was referring to Niterider's car which has very hard miles. People were speculating about the manifold popping off? Honestly, I don't know even know about that, but if it wasn't a production manifold does it matter? You have seen the production manifold and no one has ever had it "pop" off.
    Niterider does have plenty of miles, that im sure of as well. Last time i saw it was at Gintani, hope hes upping the boost more or something!

    Definitely not the product manifold, this was way in the beginning. Some people were throwing around those speculations. That was in my response to Gintani and ESS having reliable cars at Bimmerfest. I don't consider a manifold coming off as reliable.

    I understand that you don't know the exact mileage, no big deal, but that is the point. No way for you to know 100% how many testing miles it has vs. everyone else. I did not make it Gintani vs. AA I asked for you to support it.
    You know i dont just type stuff to type it, when i write it i fully back it up. All i know is that car has been driven for a very long time. Ive heard of other competitors cars failing but never have i heard anything about the AA car. And if anyone was gonna hear anything bad about it, I would.

    Taza, I'm not attacking you by asking questions. I have nothing against you and AA. Not rushing it is a good thing, as I have said. I don't doubt the car runs perfectly, as I have said. The main question, which may be uncomfortable for you as you are a fan of AA, has been asking why the delays when the scheduled release was stated to be last year. Why not dynos? Usually it is the software that is much more difficult to get done in time than the plenum which is why I asked.
    They should not have released a schedule date, that was a mistake on their part. I know they wanted to release it but chose to redesign certain things to make it look better in the end. I also know they wanted to test different options as far as boost and add on meth/water. Ive seen dyno's and I cant remember if they posted something online but i think they did at 1 point.

    Getting production molds and designs finished is a pretty lengthy process. As you know AA likes production kits and they want to be fully ready when time to release.

    I have stated it is not easy to tune the factory DME and I think AA taking as long as they have to get it right, which apparently they have and are quite capable of, is a testament to it. I don't see how this is a lie. You have a great experience with them and I'm very happy to have your perspective. Taza, constantly agreeing or just posting "+1, yay" responses would not be productive. I consider you a good guy so I'm just asking you questions like I would anyone else, no need to get offended or feel I am attacking.
    Definitely not easy to tune it, but i do know for a fact it was tuned solid a very long time ago. The kit imo was sell-able but they chose not to.

    I'm super excited about all the kits and even more options materializing. I'm even excited about seeing what VF does.
    Agreed.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    847
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think it is safe to assume although it would be difficult to trust anything coming directly out of ESS. The point was you made a bold statement of 100% regarding the testing mileage which I don't feel you can accurately support without having all the exact data. I think the correct assumption in this case would be to say everyone has had significant testing.
    From what I know, it is the only car that has been running since pre-bimmerfest last year. Several people got to drive it then and recently. I know cars that were at Bimmerfest last year and that is not running right now, you know this too. That is where i am basing my opinion from.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    so AA has been working on this since the last mfest? and the hardware just long to produce?
    They definitely have been working on it since, but mainly to get a production kit ready.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    995
    Rep Points
    199.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    AA has always come through with great products.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    15.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Dear Sticky,

    I do not want to intrude on your forums. I just need to comment on the statement regarding the design of our kit.... This kit was designed by Active Autowerke, we chose an HKS (GTS8550) blower.. the same way we have used Rotrex or ASA in the passed. HKS played no part in the design of the system (obviously but just clarifying).

    Thanks for the kind words and support from the Bimmerboost members. I do apologize for the delay in releasing this system but I am confident you will all be pleased with the end product. For the lucky few who currently have FI E9X M3's continue to enjoy your cars in good health. I look forward to meeting many of you at Mfest this weekend.

    Best,

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    157
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    omar become a supporting vendor Click here to enlarge

    would like to see AA over here

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    995
    Rep Points
    199.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ Absolutely... AA has been a big player in the BMW community and we would love to have them on board.

    Plus, their shop is SIIIIICK. Maybe I'll swing by there and get some pix for everyone who hasn't seen it (if its ok with AA of course)

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Omar@activeautowerke.com Click here to enlarge
    Dear Sticky,

    I do not want to intrude on your forums. I just need to comment on the statement regarding the design of our kit.... This kit was designed by Active Autowerke, we chose an HKS (GTS8550) blower.. the same way we have used Rotrex or ASA in the passed. HKS played no part in the design of the system (obviously but just clarifying).

    Thanks for the kind words and support from the Bimmerboost members. I do apologize for the delay in releasing this system but I am confident you will all be pleased with the end product. For the lucky few who currently have FI E9X M3's continue to enjoy your cars in good health. I look forward to meeting many of you at Mfest this weekend.

    Best,
    Most important thing is releasing it when you are ready and it is up to your standards.

    There is no doubt in my mind you guys designed the kit from the ground up as you always do.

    A delay is a small price to pay for making sure customers are happy with the finished product. I look forward to seeing more details!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •