Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Video: 60-130 mph 4.93 s

Sticky, as promised you can see my E46 M3 in action.

90F, lots of sunshine and a nice E46 M3 enjoy

E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I almost can,t believe this is 60mph till 130mph,because the run looked very short.
    If i am mistaken congrats on your new record.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I say let's not bring all the BS about who's thief and who's ass here, I'll make a Confession thread later so everybody can come and confess their guilts there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    I almost can,t believe this is 60mph till 130mph,because the run looked very short.
    Agreed, was very very fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I say let's not bring all the BS about who's thief and who's ass here, I'll make a Confession thread later so everybody can come and confess their guilts there.
    I say you give Mert a handy to start out your new affection for him...handy's will lead to him giving you a ride in 5sec or less lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I can't wait till you get a better video camera Mert...1080p is the way to go. I would also recommend getting the video from the center of the car that way we get full visual of the vbox, dash, gear position, etc...

Am I the only one who can't even see the speedometer or the Vbox display at the end of the video? I hate looking at poor quality video's like this. Best bet is just get a Go Pro...can't go wrong for a cheap high definition camera that you can mount anywhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait till you get a better video camera Mert...1080p is the way to go. I would also recommend getting the video from the center of the car that way we get full visual of the vbox, dash, gear position, etc...

Am I the only one who can't even see the speedometer or the Vbox display at the end of the video? I hate looking at poor quality video's like this. Best bet is just get a Go Pro...can't go wrong for a cheap high definition camera that you can mount anywhere.
    Thats why i said i can not believe it is 60-130 because it does not look fast(130mph).
    Look at the stripes on the road .
    Let us see some speedo videos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mert, good job with the video. Much better, wish it was in better quality though! Also, good try getting the vbox off and putting it in front of the camera. Although we can't see any numbers on it, it shows that you are at least trying. THe big problem here is that this video does not prove you are not using nitrous, on your last 2 runs the car seems much faster then all the other runs. This is indicative with the lateral acceleration G's that show on your camera's left side axis. The G force's are higher then all the other runs for some reason. Even if you are using it or not, it is impressive. I just wish you would be more open about your car and not so defensive.

Turbo sizes?
    Boost levels?
    Nitrous?
    Gas?
    Gearing?
    Tires?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spent a lot of time reading through his old threads last night, couldn't find everything but here's what was on the car in 2008.

Reinforced Block
    Reinforced Head, Ported and Polished
    Titanium Forged Rods
    Titanium Forged Crankshaft
    Cams
    Upgraded Valvetrain
    Twin GT3076 turbos
    Copper Radiator
    Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch

Motec
    Racelogic Traction Control

M/Ts 265/55/16

At that time he said that the gt30s were running out of air at about 8500 rpm and 34 psi. The goal was to rev to 9500 rpm. He switched to a larger set of turbos that he said: "Custom made twin bigger turbochargers. The ready on the shelf turbos had twin-scroll turbine housings. Twin scrolls dont work on 3 cylinders, so we needed custom single entry housings."

Since then he has also switched to a Pectel SQ6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thank you.

I have emailed Sticky two DBN files, a 4,93 and a 4,95s. So there is not just 1 dbn, have 2 different but very close dbns.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Mert, good job with the video. Much better, wish it was in better quality though! Also, good try getting the vbox off and putting it in front of the camera. Although we can't see any numbers on it, it shows that you are at least trying. THe big problem here is that this video does not prove you are not using nitrous, on your last 2 runs the car seems much faster then all the other runs. This is indicative with the lateral acceleration G's that show on your camera's left side axis. The G force's are higher then all the other runs for some reason. Even if you are using it or not, it is impressive. I just wish you would be more open about your car and not so defensive.

Turbo sizes?
    Boost levels?
    Nitrous?
    Gas?
    Gearing?
    Tires?

Vick thanks.

Did not hide the vbox, I HAD to stick the camera to the side window with the suction.

You are correct, I have sprayed in the last two runs. Nothing to hide. It works great with the nitrous.

There was a boost leak, could not boost as much as I want, boost was dropping and I have sprayed in the last two runs.

Fuel is VP import.

Boost was 26 psi, with a leak somewhere. I have seen 36 psi two months ago, but not yesterday.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would imply gt3271, yes?

If you guys want to see where I read all this, I'll post it, but otherwise I don't really want to link to that other forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you.

I have emailed Sticky two DBN files, a 4,93 and a 4,95s. So there is not just 1 dbn, have 2 different but very close dbns.

Vick thanks.

Did not hide the vbox, I HAD to stick the camera to the side window with the suction.

You are correct, I have sprayed in the last two runs. Nothing to hide. It works great with the nitrous.

There was a boost leak, could not boost as much as I want, boost was dropping and I have sprayed in the last two runs.

Fuel is VP import.

Boost was 26 psi, with a leak somewhere. I have seen 36 psi two months ago, but not yesterday.

Thanks for the video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you.

Vick thanks.

Fuel is VP import.

Well thank you for being honest Mert! Congrats on the runs!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by metrik Click here to enlarge
    I spent a lot of time reading through his old threads last night, couldn't find everything but here's what was on the car in 2008.

Reinforced Block
    Reinforced Head, Ported and Polished
    Titanium Forged Rods
    Titanium Forged Crankshaft
    Cams
    Upgraded Valvetrain
    Twin GT3076 turbos
    Copper Radiator
    Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch

Motec
    Racelogic Traction Control

M/Ts 265/55/16

At that time he said that the gt30s were running out of air at about 8500 rpm and 34 psi. The goal was to rev to 9500 rpm. He switched to a larger set of turbos that he said: "Custom made twin bigger turbochargers. The ready on the shelf turbos had twin-scroll turbine housings. Twin scrolls dont work on 3 cylinders, so we needed custom single entry housings."

Since then he has also switched to a Pectel SQ6.
    Good find. I may have forgotten that he has upgraded cams as well.

Im curious on what turbo's he is running now. I do recall him saying the Gt28's spool at 7800 rpm or something, so bigger turbo's would mean even more lag.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Im curious on what turbo's he is running now. I do recall him saying the Gt28's spool at 7800 rpm or something, so bigger turbo's would mean even more lag.
    Could've upgraded to bigger turbo's with different turbine wheel? Seems to have no problem with spool with nitrous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Congrats Mert! I'm sure we will see better times once that boost leak is fixed. Insane times
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    Could've upgraded to bigger turbo's with different turbine wheel? Seems to have no problem with spool with nitrous.
    Dont want to sound like an ass, but I do have various turbos.

I have some Garrett chargers, approximately 5 different models.
    Then I do have Bullseye turbos, 4-5 different units. Some billet bullseye chargers.
    Then I do have Precision Billet chargers. 4 different units. Precision, lovely pieces.

And all these chargers have been tested with different A/R as well. So there are different turbine housings for some of the chargers, not for all of them.

As of now, new chargers are on their way with DHL will be delivered by Friday. Each time have to buy two units as its a twin configuration.

What is a good turbo as of today, may become a useless turbo a couple of weeks later. The billet technologs is wonderful.

Other than the turbo, the engine, is a custom built S54, meaning that the parts cannot be seen on the shelves of parts suppliers.

New Suspension / tire combo did not work as good as the old combo. Will figure out in the coming days.

To be honest I was expecting better times, but due to X/Y/Z reasons 4,93 s is the fastest of all.

What was good at yesterday was not the 60-130 time only.

What was very very essential is that boosting & spraying nitrous @ 90 F weather, and doing this for many times. there are runs where I lost control and had to back off and did not put on video. Number of full throttle runs are 30-40.

The engine did not overheat, oil and water temps were "just perfect".

Engine compression test results are "just perfect".

Any bad news: oh yeas, why should I hide? The starter motor's gear has broken. During start up I heard weird grinding sound coming from the starter motor.
    Despite these weird grinding sounds we did spray spray nitrous and made the 4.93 s with the broken starter.

Replaced the starter motor today and will fix the leak issues.

What was sad yesterday? While we were changing nitrous jet next to the road, hood open, saw a BMW S1000RR approaching at a 30-40 mph speed, tried to slow him. Waved, Screamed, shouted, to stop him for a test, he did not stopClick here to enlarge
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't sound like 9,000 RPM either lol. It doesn't compare to the sound the engine is making at 2:30 when he looses traction. I guess he will say he was turning 10K RPM at that point.

The video's don't show the Vbox, or the dash clear enough.

Mert.. make some videos that prove, without a doubt, these runs are real. I'm still very much a skeptic.
    Last edited by ccsykes; 06-06-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Very impressive car indeed. You sure do know how to build powerful machines. I also hope you get a better camera, as that one is not very clear. Can't see $#@! on the vbox or dashboard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't sound like 9,000 RPM either lol. It doesn't compare to the sound the engine is making at 2:30 when he looses traction. I guess he
    will say he was turning 10K RPM at that point.

The video's don't show the Vbox, or the dash clear enough.

Mert.. make some videos that prove, without a doubt, these runs are real. I'm still very much a skeptic.

Its not possible to deal with negative characters all the time. I have to WORK + Modify my M3s

But just to shut you up I am displaying a LOG from yesterday where it shows 8928 rpm. I did several 9000-9100 rpm in the last months.

The oem rpm needle was damaged, saw first time in my life, after 6000 rpm, the needle dropped to 0 rpm. Today we have coded the speedo and will see if its fixed.
    So even if I could show a rpm needle, it would indicate zero rpm after 6000 rpm.

I do rev 9000 rpm every time I WOT with the help of custom parts.

To rev 9000 rpm, to spray nitrous @ 90 F and keeping S54 healthy. Thats the best part of the test.

Dont try over 8000 rpm at home, you will see a carnage.

Click here to enlarge

When you look at the log:

MAx engine speed is 8928 rpm, shy of 9000 rpm on this run.

max boost: 2483 mbar absolute = 1483 mbar = 1,483 bar = 21,8 psi (during this run leak increased)

boost was leaking and forcing me to enlarge nitrous jets. Thanks nitrous, leakage was compensated.

Once I fix the leak, will boost 36 psi. I do boost 36 psi most of the time on S54.

Log also shows engine coolant temp 69 celcius degrees and oil temp 70,2 celcius, these temps are during a nitrous & 9000 rpm run @ 90F. This is the hard part of tuning, not just making power alone. It has to be usable even @ 90 F, should not overheat....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Twinturbom3; 06-06-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Very nice to see a video mert, congrats on the time too.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

With gt2871's on a 2.8L I have logged a car that saw 32psi at 5200rpm so no way a car with 400cc more is seeing it at 7800rpm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It's very close if the accelerometer/g-meter and the claimed starting speed is accurate...

using:
    v(final) = v(initial) + (acceleration * time)

(rounding generously here)
    v(final) = 130mph = 58 m/s
    v(init) = 60mph = 27 m/s
    claimed time = ~5s
    acceleration (using an average of .6g = 9.81m/s/s*.6 = 5.886 m/s/s) <-- .6g is based on a very rough average of what I saw on the accelerometer in the video

All things perfect (which they are not - as i completely roughed out that .6g) both sides of the equation should be equal:

anyhoo - plug all that in, and we get 58m/s != 56m/s --> rounded [58m/s = 27m/s + (5.886m/s/s * 5s)]

so, unless newton or my math is wrong, it's VERY close IF he started at 60 MPH (as claimed) AND the accelerometer is accurate.

nice car... very quick.

it would cool to see a different camera angle (vbox?) - it's very hard to tell what's going on in the video...

regardless, nice job - assuming you started at 60mph :-) (kidding of course)

cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mert again, I would love to see the dbn file!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast