Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity.... Who the hell buys BMW kits from Turkey or wherever Merts from anyway??!! lol.

Are these Turkey fools the ones getting ripped off? Or are they folks sending their money all the way over there in the hopes they can get great customer service and a well set up turbo system?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kalis Click here to enlarge
    Just out of curiosity.... Who the hell buys BMW kits from Turkey or wherever Merts from anyway??!! lol.

Are these Turkey fools the ones getting ripped off? Or are they folks sending their money all the way over there in the hopes they can get great customer service and a well set up turbo system?
    There is an element of buyer beware that is missing. Does not excuse Mert charging money for junk...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Lmfao, truth.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mert had a pretty convincing website (damotorsport iirc) that showcased 'upcoming' kits for the e46, etc
    i never ran into a thread about anyone buying stuff off it it but i guess it happened once or twice before it got exposed.
    sidenote: saw your Epicly Later'd piece online today with a brief shot of your old e39 and your new e92, what goodies you put in the M3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    Mert had a pretty convincing website (damotorsport iirc) that showcased 'upcoming' kits for the e46, etc
    i never ran into a thread about anyone buying stuff off it it but i guess it happened once or twice before it got exposed.
    sidenote: saw your Epicly Later'd piece online today with a brief shot of your old e39 and your new e92, what goodies you put in the M3?
    Exactly. Some people here who say who buys a kit from Turkey almost sound like they are saying hey they dumb enough to buy something from there they deserve to get taken by the thief Mert.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. Some people here who say who buys a kit from Turkey almost sound like they are saying hey they dumb enough to buy something from there they deserve to get taken by the thief Mert.

you the thief and murderer.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    you the thief and murderer.
    Do yourself a favor and ignore. He will not stop til you've exhausted your entire lexicon.....repeatedly.....and then some.

GG murders babies (but only if there in an e46)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

you the murderer.

I was Vlad the Impaler in my past life, so yes. Hi 5 Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Do yourself a favor and ignore. He will not stop til you've exhausted your entire lexicon.....repeatedly.....and then some.

GG murders babies (but only if there in an e46)
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by GG///M3; 06-08-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Did you watch all 7 parts?? lol.
    The M3 is sold. I picked up a 600+hp E55 instead. I can't lie.. the M3 was pretty boring. It was cool... but unexciting. I found myself not washing it.. and just using it as a parts run car.

As far as the Mert stuff goes... i don't know the dude, nor have i ever spoken with him. I just think its funny that the people who may have gotten ripped off.... are never in the topics. Only people who heard of people getting ripped off are.
    And yeah... if your buying turbo packages from some shop coming out of Turkey with no somewhat local cars to go look at and see the hardware... you are an idiot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I just think its funny that the people who may have gotten ripped off.... are never in the topics. Only people who heard of people getting ripped off are.
    This is a good point you raise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky,

As you act unbiased I am posting my latest dyno results from wednesday.

At 6100 rpm, 791 whp dyno dynamics (930 whp dyno jet).

run made out of shoot out mode. More ramp rate was used compared to shoot out mode to push the engine harder and let it make the same boost as it does on the road.

On the top there is A:1.016 indication which shows the %1,6 correction factor. This "A" value is the correction / manipulation value.

When reading a Dyno Dynamics run, if it is out of shoot out mode, Check for the "A" to see how much correction wad dialed in.

791 whp @ 6100 rpm. Boost only. No nitrous, cause this was a boost leak test. Max torque was 900 nM = 666 lb/ft

No nitrous, if we use nitrous power graph becomes much different, starting to take OFF earlier. The slope of the graph is an indicator of no nitrous.

On the road, revving 9000 rpm and adding nitrous, the max power goes to ?

@ 6000 rpm 791 whp with 9,6-10 Air fuel ratio, was not after fine tune, was trying to detect leakages. Add to that nitrous and the setup makes 1000 whp @ 6100 rpm only.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

the graph is not perfect, the graph must be rising very nice, but @5500 rpm traction became an issue due to the 235-30-19 rear tires. As I was not after max power and was just trying to test leakage, used 235-30-19 tires.

Specs of the E46 M3:

twin 68 mm turbochargers
    twin turbosmart wastegates
    twin turbosmart blow off valves
    vp import
    MT Et Street Radials 305
    Last edited by Twinturbom3; 06-09-2011 at 05:14 AM.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So you didn't run it to 9000 rpm because of traction issues on the dyno?

How large of a shot of nitrous are you using?

Shootout mode is the way to do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you didn't run it to 9000 rpm because of traction issues on the dyno?

How large of a shot of nitrous are you using?

Shootout mode is the way to do it.

on the dyno as it is shown, 6100 rpm. Goal was to detect and fix boost leakages, which have been fixed.

goal was not to make max power.

tires to be used on the dyno were at home, so had to use 235-30-19 kumhos, a left over wheel tire which I dont use.

even if I had my dyno tires ready, would not rev to 9000 rpm, as the goal was not max power.

think so that my air fuel ratio was less than 10:1 during the 791 whp run. I did not focus on software mapping, just boost leakage.

nitrous was not used on this dyno run. I sprayed on sunday on the road started with 50 hp and on....

shoot out mode puts a 160-180 ramp rate. Whereas outside of shoot out mode, I can dial in a ramp rate of 130 or 110 which will add more resistance
    and the rollers will be harder to turn. I did like this in order to make more boost at lower engine speeds, and in order to duplicate road conditions.

In shoot out mode, the ramp rate causes late boost build and the boost build is not close to the boost build on real road.

In order to avoid confusion and to teach how to find out correction factors, I ve indicated the letter "A" as the correction factor.

So shoot out mode is NOT the only way to measure, if measured out of shoot out mode, CHECK FOR "A". It will tell the correction factor.

If the same test will be made in shoot out mode, the graph will look different but max power will be same Graph in shoot out mode will be
    steeper as boost will come later.

The gist of the dyno run was to indicate that my E46 M3 makes 791 whp (930 dyno jet) at just 6100 rpm. It has been told to make full boost at 8000 rpm. This run shows that 791 whp @ 6100 rpm. Add to that nitrous 1000 whp @ 6100 rpm...
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks again for more info Mert...

What is the dotted line plot on the graph compared to the solid line? Looks like nitrous difference.

You are using 68mm turbo's now? Im shocked that they spool like that, I remember you saying your Gt28's spool at 7800rpm, so I dont understand how much larger turbo's are spooling much sooner.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

the dotted line is the TORQUE graph, 900 nM

The torque line can have a different shape according to the scale, settings of the min and max values.

To make it clear, both the rwhp and tq scales have been set equal.

again, on the dyno nitrous was not used.

Vick, three years ago if somebody told me that I could spool big chargers happily, I would not believe.

There are techniques which make the system build boost earlier.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty crazy how the power and tq lines are pretty much identical. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Pretty crazy how the power and tq lines are pretty much identical. Click here to enlarge
    vick, this shows how efficient the system is.

Torque did not drop till 6100 rpm.

If you want to cross check lets do together:

Formula is Torque= (5252 x hp) / rpm

On my dyno, Torque @ 6100 is 900 nM = 662 lb/ft

662 lb/ft = (5252 x hp) / 6100 rpm
    hp = 768 hp

this should be according to the formula.

and on my run hp turned out to be 791 whp.

768 vs 791 close arent they?

Another note: this setup is so efficient that torque does not drop even at 6000 rpm.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This is sooo impressive. Fast and powerful thief. Much Respect

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

the dotted line is the TORQUE graph, 900 nM

The torque line can have a different shape according to the scale, settings of the min and max values.

To make it clear, both the rwhp and tq scales have been set equal.

again, on the dyno nitrous was not used.

Vick, three years ago if somebody told me that I could spool big chargers happily, I would not believe.

There are techniques which make the system build boost earlier.
    Tuning the VANOS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Pretty crazy how the power and tq lines are pretty much identical.
    Newton Meters won't scale in the way you are used to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123