Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Ok how about this....you all suck and I don't suck...let's debate that and why
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Can't you suck along with the rest of us?

I am tenacious. I am very confident about what I know, but every day I realize I know even less than I ever thought possible....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Neel, it has been asked but I have not seen a response. How does something like the Pectel work with the DCT?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Pectel essentailly disables DCT but can replace it with a more motorsports-oriented strategy. When installed in an E46 or newer chassis we can retain the stock ABS. Pectel's traction control strategy is complex enough to bring some of DCT's best elements. The biggest difference is Pectel doesn't support a lot of the "nanny" functionality. The ABS system in the Pectel cars will never activate unless the driver is at impending lockup with the brakes. In essence, Pectel can modify its traction control behavior based on vehicle dynamics and chassis parameters which gives a form of stability control. However, it will not try and change the chassis behavior by selective wheel braking, something most competition drivers don't want anyway.

The Pectel Traction Control System has several inputs - wheelspeeds, steering angle, lateral acceleration, damper position, throttle position, engine RPM, gear position and driver setting. The system commands engine torque reductions with a combination of fuel cut, spark cut, timing retard or electronic throttle control - and it may or may not use all of these strategies. The algorithms define not only when the TC engages but how aggressively and by what method torque is reduced. The system makes determinations on both percent and raw slip values. We have some excellent base programs that most customers rarely deviate from, but everything can be tweaked. This means you can define a system that is easily overdriven if desired, or you can build one that is aggressive about preventing any unwanted slip.

-Neel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Also, on the E92 standalone front, I just got back from an installation with Turner Motorsports. The car is for club racing and we retained the stock ABS. We worked with Creative Motorsports Solutions and Grand-Am tuner Ed Senf on this project. You can see a dyno pull on our facebook page - search for Apex Speed Tech.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can confidently say that Neel's experience and knowledge is incredibly rare in this industry, as his fundamental understanding is rooted in engineering. Unlike a significant portion of this industry which just has general mechanical knowledge.

I had the discussion with Neel on Friday about the S65 and have to say the engine management package he's developed is undoubtedly the best solution available on the market.

Neel, did you get my email by any chance? I had an issue with my email server over the weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maciej Click here to enlarge
    I can confidently say that Neel's experience and knowledge is incredibly rare in this industry, as his fundamental understanding is rooted in engineering. Unlike a significant portion of this industry which just has general mechanical knowledge.

I had the discussion with Neel on Friday about the S65 and have to say the engine management package he's developed is undoubtedly the best solution available on the market.

Neel, did you get my email by any chance? I had an issue with my email server over the weekend.
    Agreed! My setup is nowhere near as advanced as a s65 setup from him would be, but guess what i am the only turbo 323i e46 99' in the entire world! Except irish mikes racing and that drag car from australia, but they are not dd and i am! I searched for 2 whole years to find someone that could do this project for me. I finally found Neel! My car runs better then stock, the Pectel is the only Standalone i will ever use again! Hey Neel the aquamist just got installed today! What do you think about the fuel system? They are putting all -6 an lines from tank to new custom fuel rail and back, with a walboro double pumper system. I know over kill right? But they want to have a pickup on each side of the tank so i do not get gas starvation from power shifting and cornering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know it sounds like i am on Apex's jock, but it is really hard to find a tuner with as much customer service and knowledge as Neel has! He has fielded so many of my stupid questions and scheduling restrictions over the phone pretty much every day lol! ANd he always seems to have time for me even tho my re-tune is still not until April now that is customer service!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    I know it sounds like i am on Apex's jock, but it is really hard to find a tuner with as much customer service and knowledge as Neel has! He has fielded so many of my stupid questions and scheduling restrictions over the phone pretty much every day lol! ANd he always seems to have time for me even tho my re-tune is still not until April now that is customer service!
    There is nothing wrong with praise that is a result of excellent customer service and workmanship. If more people were to voice their opinion on their experiences, the facilities that do good work would be rewarded and those that do the opposite would slowly vanished.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was just playing with my linear potentiometers and yaw sensors on my car the other day. LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Jeeze, why wasn't I this popular with the girls in high-school?

Seriously, thanks for all the kind words. This should not be directed at me though - Apex Speed Technology has 5 full-time tech guys. All of these guys have industry-leading race team experience, have their own projects and work their asses off. And we operate by the golden rule - we treat our customers the way they want to be treated. I really appreciate all the kind words but if Rhys, Tim, Alex and DJ weren't in the other room cranking out systems and taking your calls, I wouldn't have the time to sit here and chat on forums!

And the only way we can afford to work is if you all bring us work. We don't advertise at all - 100% of our business is word of mouth. We sell everything motorsports electronics. Sure, here we're talking Pectel systems but keep in mind we have simple video equipment from under $200 and lap timers, we sell plug & play ECUs, wiring harness connectors & supplies and a whole lot of other things. Help support us so we can keep supporting you!

-Neel

Thanks,

Neel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

My car runs better then stock, the Pectel is the only Standalone i will ever use again! Hey Neel the aquamist just got installed today! What do you think about the fuel system? They are putting all -6 an lines from tank to new custom fuel rail and back, with a walboro double pumper system. I know over kill right? But they want to have a pickup on each side of the tank so i do not get gas starvation from power shifting and cornering.
    Jake! Good to hear from you. Sorry we'll have to wait for that long Minnesota winter to pass before we can get some serious work done. We just finished a Supercharged Mini with an Aquamist setup so we can integrate the systems no problem. We have a pretty good relationship going with Richard out there. There is no such thing as overkill on a fuel system.

-Neel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Neel, it has been asked but I have not seen a response. How does something like the Pectel work with the DCT?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    Pectel essentailly disables DCT but can replace it with a more motorsports-oriented strategy. When installed in an E46 or newer chassis we can retain the stock ABS. Pectel's traction control strategy is complex enough to bring some of DCT's best elements. The biggest difference is Pectel doesn't support a lot of the "nanny" functionality. The ABS system in the Pectel cars will never activate unless the driver is at impending lockup with the brakes. In essence, Pectel can modify its traction control behavior based on vehicle dynamics and chassis parameters which gives a form of stability control. However, it will not try and change the chassis behavior by selective wheel braking, something most competition drivers don't want anyway.

The Pectel Traction Control System has several inputs - wheelspeeds, steering angle, lateral acceleration, damper position, throttle position, engine RPM, gear position and driver setting. The system commands engine torque reductions with a combination of fuel cut, spark cut, timing retard or electronic throttle control - and it may or may not use all of these strategies. The algorithms define not only when the TC engages but how aggressively and by what method torque is reduced. The system makes determinations on both percent and raw slip values. We have some excellent base programs that most customers rarely deviate from, but everything can be tweaked. This means you can define a system that is easily overdriven if desired, or you can build one that is aggressive about preventing any unwanted slip.

-Neel
    Hey Neel,
    I think by DCT Sticky was referring to the "Double Clutch Transmission" and not Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).
    Do you have any info regarding the Pectel unit on a DCT transmission equipped car?
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    Help support us so we can keep supporting you!
    That's why you are posting right now with certain limitations Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    Hey Neel,
    I think by DCT Sticky was referring to the "Double Clutch Transmission" and not Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).
    Do you have any info regarding the Pectel unit on a DCT transmission equipped car?
    Yes exactly, Neel seemed to be using SMG and DCT interchangeably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Hey Neel,
    Totally busted. I don't know jack about DCT or really the SMGs. We're pro-race guys; no one uses a streetcar automatic, SMG, DCT or otherwise. I assumed people meant DTC.

Standalones generally don't work with these kinds of transmissions because there is too much integration with the stock ECUs. Its another one of those things that we can figure out if someone wanted to fund the development - but for that crowd it would be smarter to adapt an Xtrac or similar sequential unit. The Pectel CAN control paddle-shift transmissions - in fact its been used in Champcar and British F3 among others just for that.

Regards,

Neel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Totally busted. I don't know jack about DCT or really the SMGs. We're pro-race guys; no one uses a streetcar automatic, SMG, DCT or otherwise. I assumed people meant DTC.

Standalones generally don't work with these kinds of transmissions because there is too much integration with the stock ECUs. Its another one of those things that we can figure out if someone wanted to fund the development - but for that crowd it would be smarter to adapt an Xtrac or similar sequential unit. The Pectel CAN control paddle-shift transmissions - in fact its been used in Champcar and British F3 among others just for that.

Regards,

Neel
    Sweet, you are very knowledgeable.
    Click here to enlarge
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Standalones generally don't work with these kinds of transmissions because there is too much integration with the stock ECUs.
    That's what I figured, even more reason why if this does ever happen with a DCT the factory ECU can't be abandoned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Someone needs to hurry up and twin turbo the e90 m3.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456