Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The kit is reported to be on stock DME tuning, via Nick G.

We are all waiting *very* patiently, as the kit has been talked about for a looong time, yet what will be included and actual pricing has not be discussed, other than the "10k" ballpark number.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

George and Nick g. working together do some awesome stuff.
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tron Click here to enlarge
    The kit is reported to be on stock DME tuning, via Nick G.

We are all waiting *very* patiently, as the kit has been talked about for a looong time, yet what will be included and actual pricing has not be discussed, other than the "10k" ballpark number.
    I see...

I have heard a lot about Nick G and people seem to hold him in high esteem but I don't know too much about him. Supposedly, he is an amazing tuner. Can you tell more?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see...

I have heard a lot about Nick G and people seem to hold him in high esteem but I don't know too much about him. Supposedly, he is an amazing tuner. Can you tell more?
    Nick G is TT. http://www.techniquetuning.com/

He does custom tunes through ICS, or if you bring the car to him, on a person by person basis. Not sure if he does custom tunes through any other shops. His tunes are highly regarded. He tunes OBDI and OBDII E36 DME's (I can't remember the specific DME in the OBD II cars). He tunes some E46 DME's also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turbology Click here to enlarge
    OK, this may very well seal the deal for me. I have wanted a Supra since 1997, but the more I think about it (and the more people expand on the potential of the S5x), an E36 M3 is just as good as a Supra at half the price.
    Click here to enlarge
    This is a very myopic statement. Once you start to try and push the limits of the stock rods, which is 600whp on a properly reading accurate dyno UNLIKE the ICS dyno (which reads notoriously higher than reputable dynos in the area, you will start to put in serious money into the car. That is exactly the marketing motive behind the ICS GT40R kits. Customers will be turning the boost to 19psi in order to replicate the above dyno numbers when it is supposed to be "15-16" psi.

A Supra can also hold traction (true factory widebody), has a really beefy six speed/lsd, and is a proven 246 mph standing mile car. There is no comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted325is Click here to enlarge
    This is a very myopic statement. Once you start to try and push the limits of the stock rods, which is 600whp on a properly reading accurate dyno UNLIKE the ICS dyno (which reads notoriously higher than reputable dynos in the area, you will start to put in serious money into the car. That is exactly the marketing motive behind the ICS GT40R kits. Customers will be turning the boost to 19psi in order to replicate the above dyno numbers when it is supposed to be "15-16" psi.

A Supra can also hold traction (true factory widebody), has a really beefy six speed/lsd, and is a proven 246 mph standing mile car. There is no comparison.
    Any proof of the ICS dyno reading high?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any proof of the ICS dyno reading high?
    First and foremost, it is quite well known that a T3 .82 GT35R cannot flow efficiently over 600whp. In addition, stock m52/s52 rods cannot hold more than 640wtq/620whp as per the only other dyno to test that - 1320 Performance's dyno on Mike R's stock compression s52 tuned with AEM EMS on high boost and race gas. When ICS bent bf.c member "CardCounter's" 328i (m52)stock rods with a .140 MLS HG and ARP 10mm head studs back in 2006, the car made 704whp at 30psi with race fuel. This was also interestingly done on the AA log type manifold which MikeR used in his dyno before he bent a rod. Junior was at ICS back then and mentioned that on that day, the 328i had made a pull that made 750whp. So how soes the AA manifold make 100whp more than its engineered limit and demonstrated by a reputable engineer such as Mike R??? The only logical reason could be dyno manipulation by ICS ... The thread can be found by searching threads started by Card Counter on bimmerforums.com.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

First and foremost, it is quite well known that a T3 .82 GT35R cannot flow efficiently over 600whp. In addition, stock m52/s52 rods cannot hold more than 640wtq/620whp as per the only other dyno to test that - 1320 Performance's dyno on Mike R's stock compression s52 tuned with AEM EMS on high boost and race gas. When ICS bent bf.c member "CardCounter's" 328i (m52)stock rods with a .140 MLS HG and ARP 10mm head studs back in 2006, the car made 704whp at 30psi with race fuel. This was also interestingly done on the AA log type manifold which MikeR used in his dyno before he bent a rod. Junior was at ICS back then and mentioned that on that day, the 328i had made a pull that made 750whp. So how soes the AA manifold make 100whp more than its engineered limit and demonstrated by a reputable engineer such as Mike R??? The only logical reason could be dyno manipulation by ICS ... The thread can be found by searching threads started by Card Counter on bimmerforums.com.
    I had no idea what kind of power the GT35r would make on the S52. Clearly the numbers posted here are peak figures for bragging rights and ICS is not claiming these are "regular" numbers as I understand it.

They bent at 704 whp? Impressive, very impressive. I think I have to do an M52 turbo setup at some point soon.

Regarding the manifold comment, maybe I'm misunderstanding as I have not followed any of this ICS stuff you seem to be familiar with, but where is this 100 rwhp difference? You mentioned 704 whp and then 750 whp on the same dyno, I don't follow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had no idea what kind of power the GT35r would make on the S52. Clearly the numbers posted here are peak figures for bragging rights and ICS is not claiming these are "regular" numbers as I understand it.

They bent at 704 whp? Impressive, very impressive. I think I have to do an M52 turbo setup at some point soon.

Regarding the manifold comment, maybe I'm misunderstanding as I have not followed any of this ICS stuff you seem to be familiar with, but where is this 100 rwhp difference? You mentioned 704 whp and then 750 whp on the same dyno, I don't follow.
    Actually the point I am making is that the 750whp and 704 whp are exaggerated numbers as per the ICS dyno. The AA manifold cannot flow more than 650whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Actually the point I am making is that the 750whp and 704 whp are exaggerated numbers as per the ICS dyno. The AA manifold cannot flow more than 650whp.
    I see what you are saying, wouldn't AA confirm this themselves? Wouldn't that kind of be a gaping hole?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see what you are saying, wouldn't AA confirm this themselves? Wouldn't that kind of be a gaping hole?
    AA really doesn't care to get involved with e36 turbo kits. They have moved onto the e46 M3 s/c market, 335i upgrade market, and developing their e92 M3 s/c kits. I have consulted with engineers on the 650whp for the AA manifold. Mike R made 620whp before he bent a rod.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

AA really doesn't care to get involved with e36 turbo kits. They have moved onto the e46 M3 s/c market, 335i upgrade market, and developing their e92 M3 s/c kits. I have consulted with engineers on the 650whp for the AA manifold. Mike R made 620whp before he bent a rod.
    Ok, so is it simply a physical limitation of the manifold that does not allow it to exceed 650 whp? Is 700+ whp technically possible?

Don't other cars dyno on the ICS dyno? Didn't they just do some Viper or something? The numbers looked about right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so is it simply a physical limitation of the manifold that does not allow it to exceed 650 whp? Is 700+ whp technically possible?

Don't other cars dyno on the ICS dyno? Didn't they just do some Viper or something? The numbers looked about right.
    Anything over 650whp on the AA log style manifold on an e36 would cause anyone to be seriously questioning the veracity of the dyno ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Anything over 650whp on the AA log style manifold on an e36 would cause anyone to be seriously questioning the veracity of the dyno ...
    Boosted325is was called out to run his car on the dyno he claims is rigged for free
    he turned down the offer,
    This guy follows ICS from forum to forum bad mouthing them & making trouble
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...=317342&page=7

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...=317342&page=5
    Its obvious he is full of $#@! i even offered to run my car at the max psi dyno day then we both go up to ICs he declined, All he does is brag about how great his car is but old me he didnt want to drive it too far lol must be some build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ispeed Click here to enlarge
    Boosted325is was called out to run his car on the dyno he claims is rigged for free

Its obvious he is full of $#@! i even offered to run my car at the max psi dyno day then we both go up to ICs he declined, All he does is brag about how great his car is but old me he didnt want to drive it too far lol must be some build.
    Well, I mean, the easiest way to solve the dyno talk would be for him to run his car his car there. I like the offer you made, definitely the way to resolve it. Why did he turn it down?

Edit: I see they have links to here censored, why? Beowoulf is no longer the admin, he did that out of spite, how petty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Don't lie about why I won't drive my car to ICS. Come on May 8th. I hope your car makes more power than it did on ICS' dyno for your sake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IS a "nut hummer" a person who prepares some of the build hardware with a specific frequency vibration?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flyingfastm3 Click here to enlarge
    You are brain dead and are a nut hummer for ICS.
    Come on now, give specific examples or evidence.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This just in! It looks like stock m52 internals can't even handle 13psi, well at least when ICS Performance is doing the work!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1437338&page=7
    Last edited by boosted325is; 05-04-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

This just in! It looks like stock m52 internals can't even handle 13psi, well at least when ICS Performance is doing the work!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1437338&page=7
    Uh oh.... so Cylinder #1 went lean the motor went kaboom?

What he states:

The fuel pressure regulator hose coming off the regulator was corroded and burst at the tip during the run in which leaned out cylinder #1.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did feel it was a good way to resolve it, which is why I extended the offer, this would also be done at no charge I even offered to buy him lunch. The offer was refused because boosted325is "stalks" George from forum to forum bad mouthing him & saying the dyno is rigged. But he refused the chance to prove it, Well the offer still stands. Please back up all that you claim until then we all know you are full of $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Come on now, give specific examples or evidence.
    I made a post on M3forum thanking the guys at ICS for finding & fixing the problem's with my supercharger, Prior to them looking at it I had two different shops tell me the car was working fine, TKX who did the install & MAX Psi who did my first dyno run which was 403 rwhp. I made a comment about how max psi pulled my glove box down & removed fuses to dyno the car & the maxpsi nuthuggers got upset with me.
    I added headers & wanted to redyno the car thats when I took it to ICS and only made 370rwhp, How do you add headers loose cats & have less HP on this so called rigged dyno I have no idea, I am sure the nuthuggers know. George & the guys at ICS fixed a crack in the vacuum line to the blow off valve, replaced the belt, then replaced the bov, and I made 447Rwhp. They charged me $160.00 for everything.

Now you have the back story. A certain few do not like the shop, to each his own opinion. I know every story has two sides I expressed my good experiences. But all of these guys badmouthing ICS have no proof of bad work done to their car. and we see what happens when they are asked to back it up, excuses

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I did feel it was a good way to resolve it, which is why I extended the offer, this would also be done at no charge I even offered to buy him lunch. The offer was refused because boosted325is "stalks" George from forum to forum bad mouthing him & saying the dyno is rigged. But he refused the chance to prove it, Well the offer still stands. Please back up all that you claim until then we all know you are full of $#@!.
    Maybe he doesnt trust him? Maybe he thinks the dyno will be setup. This is what he chooses to believe. It doesnt make sense for you to come on here to attack a member. boosted325is will dyno his car, and the numbers will show what 1 of his many turbo'd cars makes. Wait for the results. No need for everyone to go nutz for nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well, I definitely think your offer is generous and genuinely intended to resolve any potential issues. If it is rigged or whatnot, he can prove it for himself.

It is a dynojet, correct? It is not like ICS is using some crazy correction factors to inflate their numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I made a post on M3forum thanking the guys at ICS for finding & fixing the problem's with my supercharger, Prior to them looking at it I had two different shops tell me the car was working fine, TKX who did the install & MAX Psi who did my first dyno run which was 403 rwhp. I made a comment about how max psi pulled my glove box down & removed fuses to dyno the car & the maxpsi nuthuggers got upset with me.
    I added headers & wanted to redyno the car thats when I took it to ICS and only made 370rwhp, How do you add headers loose cats & have less HP on this so called rigged dyno I have no idea, I am sure the nuthuggers know. George & the guys at ICS fixed a crack in the vacuum line to the blow off valve, replaced the belt, then replaced the bov, and I made 447Rwhp. They charged me $160.00 for everything.

Now you have the back story. A certain few do not like the shop, to each his own opinion. I know every story has two sides I expressed my good experiences. But all of these guys badmouthing ICS have no proof of bad work done to their car. and we see what happens when they are asked to back it up, excuses
    I appreciate you sharing your own side of the story and I am glad to see you had a positive experience with ICS.

There are two sides to every story but often one person screaming foul drowns out those who are happy and not shouting about it.

I want to remain neutral and see how this plays about but both sides will definitely be allowed to speak.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast