Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Calling all JB4 Map 6 users!

Hey guys, if any of you have self adjusted your JB4 via using map 6 throw them up!
    Lets also discuss what type of boosting parameters you feel are your favorite

Ie setting up no more then 8psi below 4000 RPM to convserve fuel
    Keeping boost consistant at 14 PSI from 3K - redline
    having boost come on quick, peak around 4500rpm and drop back down to red line.

Seeing is how JB4 is the only tune that allows us to customize boost settings, we should get into a big discussion about what settings will be best for our car!

I have my own personal questions such as
    Should I just set it to run 14PSI the entire time once I hit say 2500 rpm?
    Is having boost come on later, or earlier better?
    Should boost peak then drop back down, rather then the first noted question where boost stays the same?

What do some of your logs look like?

Just want to do as much research as possible so I know how my boost curve should look when I start tinkering with my JB4

** Ordered it today btw! ** I'll start playing with it as soon as I get it, then hopefully the following week I'll have my catless DP's installed and my Charge pipe / Bov.
    I'm installing my FMIC next saturdayClick here to enlarge
    2007 E90 335i | Saphire Black Metallic | Luxury,Premium, Nav
    FBO + JB4Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My playing on Map 6 is limited (I'm too inexperienced with this), but I have taken the Map 1 curve, and added more boost down low.

Once you get the JB4 & software, lots of your questions will be answered .. or you can take a look at mine this weekend.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive tailored Sgt Jeeps car to start off with 10psi down low, ramping to 13-14psi at 4000 and holding 15-15.5psi to redline. Car runs great with no knock on pump gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wholly $#@!, that sounds like an insane map. 15.5 psi safe at redline w/o meth? I'd love to see the log for that!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When doing mapping you need to monitor timing and boost is only one part of the equation. But here is a map that generally works well if your octane allows more than map 2 has to offer and you don't want to use map 5 for whatever reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Terry! For that map though, since i'm ruffly between 1500 and 2000 rpm when daily driving, will the boost coming on that strong absolutely rape my gas mileage? Will 2K ramp up to 10PSI boost only when I'm WOT or at any amount of throttle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    este es mi mapa6Click here to enlarge 98octanos y metanol 70/30

1500 * * * 11.0
    2000 * * * 12.0
    2500 * * * 12.0
    3000 * * * 13.0
    3500 * * * 14.0
    4000 * * * 16.0
    4500 * * * 18.0
    * 5000 * 19,0 *
    5500 * * * 19.0
    6000 * * * 17.0
    7000 * * * 13.0

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My timing is also pulled back a bit to ensure no issues. I really wanna test it in the hot weather just to make sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    When doing mapping you need to monitor timing and boost is only one part of the equation. But here is a map that generally works well if your octane allows more than map 2 has to offer and you don't want to use map 5 for whatever reason.
    that is what i would have suggested

and your not gonna get that boost without WOT, so you should be ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I run about 16 psi and taper down to 15 redline with meth. On track days I run race gas and 100% meth with 5 nozzles and about 18 psi taper down to 17.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    F***!!

You are running 5 meth nozzles?

What sizes?
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    F***!!

You are running 5 meth nozzles?

What sizes?
    1 CM7, 1 M5, 2 M2s and an M1. The reason I do this is because I inject before the compressors so the entire charge gets cooled from beginning to end, compressors dont have to suffer by pumping hot air only to have it cooled later.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so, 2x m2 pre compressor, but where are the others?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    1 CM7, 1 M5, 2 M2s and an M1. The reason I do this is because I inject before the compressors so the entire charge gets cooled from beginning to end, compressors dont have to suffer by pumping hot air only to have it cooled later.
    Does anyone else do this? Do you have pics of this setup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone else do this? Do you have pics of this setup?
    I posted pics of this setup numerous times, i even did a test comparison without any injection except for pre compressor injection only. I will find the thread hold on.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I posted pics of this setup numerous times, i even did a test comparison without any injection except for pre compressor injection only. I will find the thread hold on.
    Thanks, I missed it I guess. Too many threads to keep track of...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jesus, that must look like a greenhouse irrigation system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think this map is a mistake, especially for novices who think electronica gurus and believe it is only put in the letter psi

shortly in Spain are going to explode a few n54

we'll see how long it will last the reputancion bms in Spain when they start breaking engines ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    I think this map is a mistake, especially for novices who think electronica gurus and believe it is only put in the letter psi

shortly in Spain are going to explode a few n54

we'll see how long it will last the reputancion bms in Spain when they start breaking engines ...
    The reputation is not going to falter. You are giving the end user complete control of how the car is going to run...and if it blows up its on the users fault, not bms. Dont be touching stuff you dont know about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    The reputation is not going to falter. You are giving the end user complete control of how the car is going to run...and if it blows up its on the users fault, not bms. Dont be touching stuff you dont know about.
    Agreed. Doesn't BMS even advise you not to use Map 6 unless you are a professional or know what you are doing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    are advised, but we will see each time puts in place

I've been since 2008 and my knowledge is normal, but some believe that by buying a cable and are gurus datalogig

can not even send a log to Terry for advice, are very ill-advised

I think this map would have only used by people who have knowledge

is like a candy at the door of a school

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I run 15.5psi and taper down to 14 at 6500. Logs are super clean, no timing drops, good intake temps. I just run 94 octane and no meth. Cars an absolute beast now!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Creo que este mapa es un error y solo tendría que ser para gente con conocimiento, sobre todo para los principiantes que piensan que por comprar un cable datalogig y configurar ellos mismos un mapa sin supervisor alguna ya son gurus de la electrónica. en breve veremos a ver si en España van a explotar algunos n54???.y ver cuánto tiempo va a durar la reputación de bms en España, cuando empiecen a romper los motores .

lo pongo en español por que algunos no saben traducir bien el español y luego se hacen pajas metales,como se puede aconsejar a gente que no lleva ni dps ni ic que configure a 4500 rpm 16 psi...

alvaro medas pena de verdad por que no sabes lo que haces y la vas a liar y luego vendrán las lamentaciones con los chavales....

y no te preocupes que de aqui ni del otro lado me van a hechar,pero si eso te sirve para vender mas pues adelante el tiempo pone a cada uno en su sitio y yo tengo mucha paciencia....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    Creo que este mapa es un error y solo tendría que ser para gente con conocimiento, sobre todo para los principiantes que piensan que por comprar un cable datalogig y configurar ellos mismos un mapa sin supervisor alguna ya son gurus de la electrónica. en breve veremos a ver si en España van a explotar algunos n54???.y ver cuánto tiempo va a durar la reputación de bms en España, cuando empiecen a romper los motores .

lo pongo en español por que algunos no saben traducir bien el español y luego se hacen pajas metales,como se puede aconsejar a gente que no lleva ni dps ni ic que configure a 4500 rpm 16 psi...

alvaro medas pena de verdad por que no sabes lo que haces y la vas a liar y luego vendrán las lamentaciones con los chavales....

y no te preocupes que de aqui ni del otro lado me van a hechar,pero si eso te sirve para vender mas pues adelante el tiempo pone a cada uno en su sitio y yo tengo mucha paciencia....
    you can OD on sleeping pills or aspirin if you dont read the directions, but you dont blame the maker of them for the OD do you?

If BMS support is not available for you, then i would say run the preloaded maps as thats what they are there for, and advise others to do the same until they know what they are doing or at least aware of the risk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you can OD on sleeping pills or aspirin if you dont read the directions, but you dont blame the maker of them for the OD do you?

If BMS support is not available for you, then i would say run the preloaded maps as thats what they are there for, and advise others to do the same until they know what they are doing or at least aware of the risk
    Click here to enlarge avisados están,es muy peligroso jugar con fuego

espero que estos comentarios sirvan de algo para algunosClick here to enlargeya que el que los asesora tan mal lee aquí tan bien.

creo que el sabra como hacer correr sus turbos rb a 28 psi,es la propaganda que hace en españa. vea lo usted mismo y juzgueloClick here to enlarge...

AlvaroDim escribió:
    Si no fuera por el poco espacio que tiene el motor por el lateral se colocarían hay un buen par de bicharracos pero en el N54, tienen que ser pequeñitos... Ya algún cliente me ha comentado sobre turbos gordos que han visto, pero lo vuelvo a decir aqui a parte de que es muy muy dificil que entren, ahora mismo no se sabe con la fiabilidad que se va a conseguir, si el funcionamiento del coche va a ser igual de preciso y fino, si se va a poder controlar el combustible , ya que harán falta bombas de alta de baja, tuberías , intercooler, y despues una buena electronica que lo comande, algo que todavía sigue sin estar elaborado, y para estar de conejito de indias , y estar todo el dia con problemas con el coche yo de momento no recomiendo nada... De momento en EEUU investigan subir presiones de gasolina y caudal alterando tensiones de componentes y haciendo inventos que de momentos no optienen resultados muy satisfactorios, donde muchos pasan de estos y arriesgarse a romper muchas cositas y directamente meten un kit de nitroso... asi que cuidadin con la eleccion de turbos, el montaje y sobre todo la puesta a punto, que a dia de hoy ...

mas alto lo puedes decir, mas claro, NO.

Eso si te puedo asegurar que en poco tiempo tendré en el taller algunos para meterle turbos más grandes, pero eso sí, cuando sea seguro el proceso y tengas resultados de soplados de unos 28psi sin problemas mientras tanto nada...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast