Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JB4?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need a nice video from behind the car with the straight pipes! I'm tempted to do something similar myself, but the canflap on the JB4 is just so fun!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DO NOT STRAIGHT PIPE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!.. If you have catless DP's it will be un drivable for public roads.
    It is slightly better with a good tune, but if your running stock or ever divert back to stock its to loud.

I wanted to get a race muffler but even with a race muffler its to loud I believe.. You'll need to get a performance muffler with good sound dimming, or just keep your stock muffler. Take my experience first at hand man, I want to save you a head ache and tons of money thrown out the window!
    2007 E90 335i | Saphire Black Metallic | Luxury,Premium, Nav
    FBO + JB4Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Nope, but one can run a windows installation on the mac using virtualbox (or some other virtualization solution, vb is free though...)
    Most mac's under 5 yrs old can dual-boot OSX and windows thanks to boot camp. All you need is a valid XP license key and some free space on your hard drive(as well as a tool to resize your mac partition on the HDD before installing windows).

It's definitely more involved than using something like virtualbox, but you might want it if the logger is CPU/time-sensitive, since it will be running on the bare metal and won't have any extra layers to slow it down(depending on how old the mac is, virtualbox might not have much preventing it from running at full speed, either, but older mac's CPU's may not have the special bits that make virtualization software go "fastest").

Vader, I've been building pc's for quite a long time, feel free to PM me if you want have questions. Just gotta warn you I might not respond very promptly. sorry in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the support! I may look at this option. I think I will most likely buy a 250 dollar net book in a month or two when I have some extra cash. In the mean time I can have Bigup do all of the logging firmware updates for meClick here to enlarge
    2007 E90 335i | Saphire Black Metallic | Luxury,Premium, Nav
    FBO + JB4Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123