Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 108
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    39.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Linking me to other boards isn't what I like. I'll take a look anyway though.
    Well what else do you want. You asked how its replicated.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    jesus christ... thats gonna be a monster with the ysi.

    i wish i had the moeny to get a 10.0.1 s62 built for turbo.
    i see alot of hard earned ducats poured in that lemans! ...i knew the built s62 couldn't be that frail and that it had something to do with who was tuning them.
    keep us posted when the big blower drops in!

    hey ...we need close up shots of all the RK cnc'd stuff please
    Will do.

    Which pieces specifically do you want pics of?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What about something bigger than a YSI?
    Too much hassle, and i dont think there is any space. The YSI moves 1600cfm vs the 1200cfm the T-trim moves. That is a ton of air going into the engine.

    -R

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasM5 Click here to enlarge
    Well what else do you want. You asked how its replicated.
    Answers here, not links there.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasM5 Click here to enlarge
    Too much hassle, and i dont think there is any space. The YSI moves 1600cfm vs the 1200cfm the T-trim moves. That is a ton of air going into the engine.
    Yes, but there is more power to be made...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    39.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Answers here, not links there.



    Yes, but there is more power to be made...
    I dont see the transmission and driveline being able to handle more then 1000bhp. I dont want to get into those components any time soon. Running that power on pump gas isnt viable. There are a lot of E85 stations popping up near austin so i plan on switching to E85 soon. We'll see where it ends up, i have a few other projects im working on in the meantime.

    -R

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Answers here, not links there.



    Yes, but there is more power to be made...
    yes with turbo Click here to enlarge



    @DallasM5 - Just post up whatever you got handy..i definitely would like to see the bracket for sure...thats always the sexiest piece of a sc setup in my opinion!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Points
    2,104.0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Good work!
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    ...i knew the built s62 couldn't be that frail and that it had something to do with who was tuning them.
    Of course, tuning is always critical, especially when doing forced induction with a compression ratio this high. But since you're interested in a turbo application, it's important to recognize that centrifugal superchargers like this increase their boost production sort of linearly with RPM, i.e. increasing boost as the detonation threshold is also increasing with RPM. This sort of boost curve can be replicated with a turbo setup too, but most people like the increased low end torque of a turbo system that is designed to make boost lower in the RPM range (and then hold it up top also).

    In the case of a turbo system setup like that, you'd likely want to use either a lower compression ratio, or some other strategy for suppressing detonation like e85, water/alcohol injection, or something else. If you're likely to stick with the stock compression ratio and want to run it on pump gas alone, I don't think there is any reason to mess with the added complexity of a turbo setup. Just replicate what Raza has done here -- it's a pretty optimal setup.

    Running a high-ish compression ratio with a turbo setup is a losing proposition if you want to make a lot of power on pump gas. The extra boost you can run with a lower compression ratio compensates for the loss of efficiency many times over.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    194.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    R-

    When you described the stage 2 kit, you mentioned that the power output of that kit is about the most ythat can be safely obtained from an untouched s62. In your experience, and the other FI guys out there, what is the next fail point for these motors once you try to go further? Is it just the high compression/ high boost recipe for detonation, or what? Any insight would be very much appreciated.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Raza heard you're doing a boosted stroked S85. Cool project bro Click here to enlarge

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tjabo Click here to enlarge
    Of course, tuning is always critical, especially when doing forced induction with a compression ratio this high. But since you're interested in a turbo application, it's important to recognize that centrifugal superchargers like this increase their boost production sort of linearly with RPM, i.e. increasing boost as the detonation threshold is also increasing with RPM. This sort of boost curve can be replicated with a turbo setup too, but most people like the increased low end torque of a turbo system that is designed to make boost lower in the RPM range (and then hold it up top also).

    In the case of a turbo system setup like that, you'd likely want to use either a lower compression ratio, or some other strategy for suppressing detonation like e85, water/alcohol injection, or something else. If you're likely to stick with the stock compression ratio and want to run it on pump gas alone, I don't think there is any reason to mess with the added complexity of a turbo setup. Just replicate what Raza has done here -- it's a pretty optimal setup.

    Running a high-ish compression ratio with a turbo setup is a losing proposition if you want to make a lot of power on pump gas. The extra boost you can run with a lower compression ratio compensates for the loss of efficiency many times over.
    definitely not pump gas. more likely leaded gasoline. 110 or higher.... id want to lower compression as a last resort.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Raza heard you're doing a boosted stroked S85. Cool project bro Click here to enlarge
    Who is doing that?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who is doing that?
    Some cool guy with ACG username.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ACG Click here to enlarge
    Yep Raza does all the grunt work and then prob have Rubin [@RubinK he meant] fly in or have his support and do the tune as I only trust him on making sure this runs right.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky would you delete my post above and this? Parties involved don't want this build to go public.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky would you delete my post above and this? Parties involved don't want this build to go public.
    If he already posted about it and you quoted it why?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If he already posted about it and you quoted it why?
    ACG made a mistake. Now they asked me to delete it.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    ACG made a mistake. Now they asked me to delete it.
    I don't owe ACG anything...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whales Vag
    Posts
    1,214
    Rep Points
    1.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't owe ACG anything...
    cute

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't owe ACG anything...
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    secrecy is for elitists

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    I mean I can edit it I just don't see why.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky would you delete my post above and this? Parties involved don't want this build to go public.
    Just did a google search and all these posts are still in place where they originated.

    I am actually in the process of doing a similar project on my M5 S85 motor. Boring out the engine to 5.4L or 5.6L and dropping compression from 12.1:1 to 10.1:1 and Darton sleeves to beef up the walls to withstand the extra boost I will be adding.

    My car has the ESS VT2 kit at this time boosting 7psi, looking to move that up to 12psi.

    Will be nice to see how this project does also.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    39.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Raza heard you're doing a boosted stroked S85. Cool project bro Click here to enlarge
    Haha not me...Just summer classes...Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Omni Click here to enlarge
    R-

    When you described the stage 2 kit, you mentioned that the power output of that kit is about the most ythat can be safely obtained from an untouched s62. In your experience, and the other FI guys out there, what is the next fail point for these motors once you try to go further? Is it just the high compression/ high boost recipe for detonation, or what? Any insight would be very much appreciated.
    Next fail point is the cylinder walls, once those go you are done. There is too much dynamic compression when you increase the boost levels beyond 9psi intercooled.

    -R
    Last edited by DallasM5; 05-30-2012 at 01:56 AM.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    cnc brackets pics moaw!

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    39.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Plenum plates
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasM5 Click here to enlarge
    Haha not me...Just summer classes...Click here to enlarge

    Next fail point is the cylinder walls, once those go you are done. There is too much dynamic compression when you increase the boost levels beyond 9psi intercooled.

    -R
    BMW pushed the M62 block pretty far so the walls are pretty thin. I guess sleeves have to be the answer.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    39.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •