Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    I think this is a good piggyback solution for street cars at the right price; hopefully they won't have the QC problems that plagued the AEM. Still waiting to hear from them on their standalone units.

-Neel
    The EMS is standalone. It even has adaptations. It might be beneficial to google "ProEFI" and read some of the comments in the Supra community. People are comparing the ProEFI to MOTEC but only half the price.

I jumped on this EMS after doing some due diligence. It's like getting a high end EMS for half the cost. Hell, I'm getting full sensor coverage, CAN, GPS logger, the full track set up... for cheaper than I could buy just a MOTEC.

here is a discussion back in 2009...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...800-or-Pro-EFI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    The EMS is standalone
    But it is being used as a piggyback.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    But it is being used as a piggyback.
    Jason already covered this. For the BMW application they chose to retain the OEM throttle and VANOS operation. The EMS is more than capable of handling those duties, but why? Why waste extra money having a tuner work on those? He felt the EMS would do just as good a job if not better.

It's being used as a piggy back because that is the best choice. It's not a piggyback EMS though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's being used as a piggy back because that is the best choice. It's not a piggyback EMS though.
    I agree, and Neel is correct about it being used as a piggyback solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, so they even put it on the shop car. Seems they fully endorse it over the AEM then. Will also be interesting to see if he hits 10's on the pro-efi vs. the AEM now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The OEM DME was never designed for use with a boosted engine. It doesn't even have the channels to control boost etc.. I honestly don't see DME tuning for anything other than low boost builds. I hope people are not getting overly excited about this only to be let down.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

What does the factory ECU not do that would keep it from working with high boosted applications?
    please enlighten us mr ccsykes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is great news for current HPF owners and future owners as well. Great work.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great stuff. That ProEFI is amazing.

I wonder what Forcfeds thoughts are about using resistors!Click here to enlarge

Congrats to Jason and HPF for all the good work.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jason already covered this. For the BMW application they chose to retain the OEM throttle and VANOS operation. The EMS is more than capable of handling those duties, but why? Why waste extra money having a tuner work on those? He felt the EMS would do just as good a job if not better.

You do not know to whom you are talking to. Apex is one of the most experienced teams/tuners in USA.

You did a good job by switiching to Proefi. But Neel from Apex is best out there.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    please enlighten us mr ccsykes
    What's to enlighten? I'd much rather have an EMS that is capable of a wide variety of engine monitoring while integrating boost control. Let's be honest here, the only reason people are excited about the DME tuning option is because the price point for a turbo kit will be cheaper. I think that its awesome someone has cracked the BMW DME and can offer a lower priced turbo option for the E46 M3. However, If you want to run a 800+ HP application on a flashed DME and external boost controller.. go for it!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    You do not know to whom you are talking to. Apex is one of the most experienced teams/tuners in USA.

You did a good job by switiching to Proefi. But Neel from Apex is best out there.
    Who brought up Apex? He didn't say anything about them or mention you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dont feed the troll.........lol oh and btw

Time is 12:23 am (EEST) on Sunday, Jun 5, 2011 - Ankara, Turkey
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At the top of the page post # 26, he acts as if he knows more than Neel.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    dont feed the troll.........lol oh and btw

Time is 12:23 am (EEST) on Sunday, Jun 5, 2011 - Ankara, Turkey

arent you out making video as promised?

make sure to video the hug with your life partner....i mean team mate
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uh, he doesn't mention you, Neel, Apex, or throw any jabs or anything for that matter their way.

You brought that out of nowhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Because Neel was paid to go over to Turkey to tune his car even though Mert says he tunes it himself. And we all know Mert gets offended by anyone else even owning a car, so he had to bring up that he is better then others yet again.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Because Neel was paid to go over to Turkey to tune his car even though Mert says he tunes it himself. And we all know Mert gets offended by anyone else even owning a car, so he had to bring up that he is better then others yet again.
    touche!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Um...I would have given a thumbs up to this but I need more rep power...either way thumbs up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When it comes to his own EMS.. yes.. Jason does know more about it than Neel, the guy designed the software. I don't see Neel making any EMS's to compete with brands like AEM, MOTEC, ViPEC and Haltec.

If I'm looking for opinions, Google tends to provide some decent feedback.... Here are a few links I book marked..

http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopi...b4d5411bd55d69

ProEFI vs AEM

ProEFI vs MOTEC

ProEFI vs Haltech

ProEFI vs ViPEC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

How do YOU know that he is the best ?
    Did he tune your car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Apex Speed Technology

Really, I appreciate the kind comments but I don't need any of this kind of cheerleading. Every tuner out there has their specific strengths and weaknesses and its up to the market to pick who they are most comfortable with.

I don't see Neel making any EMS's to compete with brands like AEM, MOTEC, ViPEC and Haltec.
    I do however, take exception to this comment. First, its completely invalid because no one you're talking about here "makes" their own EMS. Jason does software development on Pro-EFI; Apex Speed Technology does software development on a number of platforms. But its not like there's a factory in back 'churnin out ECUs.

Apex is in fact a factory-authorized dealer for Vi-PEC, AEM & MOTEC. We sell lots of Vi-PEC ECUs; this week 2 V88's and a V44 went out the door. I was at AEM talking to Kirk Miller and John Romero about upcoming products last week - we sell 10's of thousands of dollars of their products annually. Our work with MOTEC is well-known; we used them on the Daytona 200 winning Superbikes last year and with all our Grand AM teams.

When I compare ECUs, I speak from not just experience, but experience working alongside the engineers who design them.

Secondly, you don't seem to know much about me or my business. Its because of the tone of this thread and a couple of other conversations I've had lately that I'd like to go a little more in depth about who we are.

Apex is in fact a factory-authorized dealer Vi-PEC, AEM & MOTEC, Pectel, Bazzaz, AIM, Pi Research, Athena Evolution and a few other companies. Furthermore, we have good relationships with the guys at Haltech, EFI Tech & quite a few other manufacturers that we aren't official dealers for, and since we have 4 technicians who are tuning regularly, there aren't many systems we don't know. We sell more brands of ECUs than anyone in the US, and our total ECU sales top 100 units annually across a number of brands.

Our company is a team of people that do a lot more than BMW S54's. For example:

This week, DJ & I are at the AMA Superbike Race at Road America. We handle all the electronics for Michael Jordan Suzuki & Larry Pegram BMW, plus data systems for Daytona 200 winner Latus Racing and a number of smaller teams.

Alex from Apex was at Watkins Glenn, where he handles electronics duties for Turner Motorsports Grand Am program.

Renu from Apex was also at The Glen, handling duties for Insight Racing, whose cars are engineered by Steve Dinan.

Rhys was at Infineon working with Brown Brothers Racing, for which we've done a vintage Trans Am car and Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car.

Tim & Rhys were both also working on customer harnesses which ranged this week from resto-mod Porsches to Hayabusa-powered track cars to an S54/E30 conversion & a turbo-Suzuki Land Speed Record. Beyond that we work with customers as varied as The US Department of Energy to Honda Racing's Motocross program. If you want to learn more about us, checkout our webpage or facebook site.

The last thing I will say is its our breadth of experience and depth of knowledge that is our major asset. Saying "Neel this" and "Neel that" is unfair to the team of exceptional people I employ to make all of this work. No project at Apex is a 1-person affair, and our team stresses collaboration with regular discussions on our customer interactions including in-depth reports for every job we do. So when you are looking for advice on what to buy, or choosing where to get your systems, you may want to consider that with Apex, you don't get some guy named "Neel," you get a team of individuals and a company with manufacturer relationships which will get you farther than most single-product/single person places.

Thanks for reading such a long post.

-Neel
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great reply Neel Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    The last thing I will say is its our breadth of experience and depth of knowledge that is our major asset. Saying "Neel this" and "Neel that" is unfair to the team of exceptional people I employ to make all of this work. No project at Apex is a 1-person affair, and our team stresses collaboration with regular discussions on our customer interactions including in-depth reports for every job we do. So when you are looking for advice on what to buy, or choosing where to get your systems, you may want to consider that with Apex, you don't get some guy named "Neel," you get a team of individuals and a company with manufacturer relationships which will get you farther than most single-product/single person places.
    This is absolutely true but since you are the voice here we often incorrectly associate you and Apex as one. This is a good point you raise, but also do not take offense to people referring to you so positively! The others definitely deserve credit as well.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast