Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Thumbs up Fire Orange HPF STG 2 Build in Bahrain (HPFNAWAF's M3 from KUWAIT)

Hello Guys n Gals

In this thread we will be detailing the build of BB member HPFNAWAF’s M3 E46. I would like to thank Sticky for allowing me to post up some of the work we do here in Bahrain. I hope this thread will help BB members out somehow, any questions please feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer them J

Nawaf contacted me about 3 years ago when he first purchased his second E46 M3 (the EB VF STG 2) from and American customer of mine living in Kuwait. The car had a poorly installed VF STG 2 by a shop in KWT and that is why Nawaf called me as the previous owner recommended us. Nawaf decided to send the car to Bahrain in order for me to work on it. We removed and reinstalled the SC kit and eliminated all leaks, the car was a big mess wiring wise and leaks all over the place and exposed wires etc. Nawaf was so happy when he saw the car and we have been brothers since then J

After a few months Nawaf came across a chance to buy an HPF STG 2 kit and sent his Estoril Blue M3 to me to install the kit. It was our first experience with HPF and will never be the last as it was a great one! After the car was up and running good someone in KWT messed up a clutch install on Nawaf’s car and him being busy he couldn’t send the car to Bahrain. The car lay dormant for a few months after this. Well he came across a chance to buy a clean 02 US spec 6MT M3 and that’s where this new story/project starts.
    We discussed the newly acquired 6MT M3 and as Nawafs Brother wanted to buy his Estoril Blue ZCP M3 off of him we were asked to return the EB M3 to stock and to remove the HPF kit and store it for the M3 6MT. We also decided we will upgrade some components on the kit as this was a good time. So we placed an order with HPF to add some service parts and upgrades to the current STG 2 kit.

Here is the list:
    Auveco Fasteners - M10x1.25, 42mm zinc stud (Min qty=10)
    BMW (01-06) M3 OEM Axles - (E46) Rear Rubber Mounts (subframe bushings)
    BMW (01-05) M3 Manifold to Head Exhaust Gaskets - order 6 for a set
    BMW (01-06) M3 Exhaust Gaskets - Midpipe Gasket 3-bolt
    BMW (02-05) M3 Head Studs - 42mm - Fully Threaded
    Denso (01-06) M3 Iridium Spark Plugs - IXU27
    Generic T-Bolt Hose Clamps - 3.5 inch ID
    Generic Nuts - M10x1.25 Hex flange nut, zinc plated (Turbo Mounting Nut)
    HPF (01-06) M3 E46 M3 Carbon Fiber Engine Covers - clear coating - glossy finish
    HPF (01-06) M3 DME Engine Covers - Assembled DME Cover
    HPF (01-06) M3 Steed Speed Manifold Gaskets Exhaust Gaskets - Exhaust Port Gasket, copper, 6 per kit (.048" thickness, 1.770" OD)
    HPF (01-06) M3 E46 M3 Titanium Exhaust Systems
    HPF (01-06) M3 E46 M3 Walbro In Tank Fuel Pump Install Kit
    HPF Couplers with HPF Logo Intercooler Hoses - 90deg - 3" to 2.5" – Black
    HPF (01-06) M3 Intercooler Piping - Turbo Outlet to I/C, 3" aluminum (Black Wrinkle)
    HPF (01-06) M3 E46 Oil Catch Tanks - HPF Stg 1-2.5 Turbo
    HPF (01-06) M3 E46 M3 Oil Coolers - Supercharged and Turbocharged
    HPF Wastegate Gaskets - Wastegate Port Flange at Manifold, .060" Hytex, 21/64" holes
    McMaster Bolts - Metric Class 12.9 Socket Head Cap Screw Znc-Coated Alloy Stl, M8 Thrd, 16mm L, 1.25mm Pitch (Min Qty=25)
    Precision Turbo Turbo Gaskets - T4 4 Bolt Inlet
    Turbonetics Turbine Turbo Gaskets - T3/T4 Oil Drain Gasket
    Powerflex RTABs
    TMS Subframe Reinforcement kit
    Dice Media Bridge with DCR-300 holder
    Spal Electric Fan conversion kit

Coming soon before the HPF install:
    HPF (01-06) M3 Solid M3 Upper Motor Mounts - E46 Motor and Transmission (Gunmetal)
    K Sport (98-06) M3 Rear Camber Kits - E46
    K Sport (01-06) M3 Kontrol Pro Coilovers - INCL. FRONT PILLOW BALL MOUNT & REAR TOP MOUNT
    HPF New vented CF Engine Cover
    HPF Intake Snorkel (The one that fits behind the kidney Grills)
    As you all know the first part will be changing the color of the car. Nawaf has decided to go for FIRE ORANGE from the new M3 GTS. We will be using GLASURIT as used on my personal car with the Anti Scratch clear from the same company. Man that paint (Glasurit) is strong! LOL The car has an Imola red Interior and we are planning some sport seats for the interior with a re-trim. That will be done once the car goes back to KWT. I will post updates as they happen, Pics coming tonight.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is going to be a hell of a thread Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice..can't wait for the outcome. You guys do great work, I plan on getting my steering wheel done in silver CF from you. This is gonna be awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bmxpert86 Click here to enlarge
    Nice..can't wait for the outcome. You guys do great work, I plan on getting my steering wheel done in silver CF from you. This is gonna be awesome.
    where are you located Sir ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys, Pics comign today, got my camera with me and work on the car has already started. When i deliver parts to the body shop today I'll update the thread with pics Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lets get some pics going! this is gonna be a pretty epic build thread.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bmxpert86 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Bro. Any time! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    lets get some pics going! this is gonna be a pretty epic build thread.
    Later on today in about 10 hours. Basically when you guys are waking up in the States the pics will be up. lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Later on today in about 10 hours. Basically when you guys are waking up in the States the pics will be up. lol
    i'll take a 8 hour nap then Click here to enlarge I expect to see pics when i wake up! haha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here are pics of the car being disassembled for the full paint job and transformation to FIRE ORANGE Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

More to come Saturday....I'll take pics of the HPF Parts soon too.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    niceeeeeee thanks bro Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WTB DELUGE wash for your car including engine bay!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFNAWAF Click here to enlarge
    niceeeeeee thanks bro Click here to enlarge
    My Pleasure Bro
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    WTB DELUGE wash for your car including engine bay!!
    Dont worry the car will be looking like a show car once im done with it. If you look at Nawafs intor thread you'll see what i did with his EB ZCP M3 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Updates:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Car has been disassembled for the paint prep to begin. By the end of the day all the trim pieces and bumpers and side skirts would have been prepped. then we'll move on to the body, hood and trunk.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very kool.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice, can't wait to see the final product!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice nice bro cant wait Click here to enlarge
    i want the voom voooooom tshewshewshewshewwww Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFNAWAF Click here to enlarge
    nice nice bro cant wait Click here to enlarge
    i want the voom voooooom tshewshewshewshewwww Click here to enlarge
    Soon Bro, Work is coming along fast, the driver side was already being sanded down today and should be done in another 2 days, then the passenger side and then after that hood and trunk. After everything is prepped on the bisy we'll prep the engine bay and spray that first. Then we'll do the body and then the hood trunk and bumpers etc.... More pics to come tomorrow.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The body is now fully prepped, tomorrow we'll be getting the paint materials from GLASURIT i.e. base coat, color coat, clear, thinner, hardner etc etc. This coming along really good....
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far so good Ejaz!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So far so good Ejaz!
    Thanks Bro, more to come tomorrow
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cant wait for updates.. need moar!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    Cant wait for updates.. need moar!
    Going to bodyshop in 3 hours to get my new tags installed on my M3 and take pics of the progress on Nawafs car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you will remove the engine and paint under hood? Or you will leave it black?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sohail Click here to enlarge
    Do you will remove the engine and paint under hood? Or you will leave it black?
    Hey Sohail! Good to see you on BB. We will be removing certain parts to paint the engine bay as planned. Engine bay will be orange for now Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast