Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Okay, $#@! me. I did not plan this day out correctly and ate an hour ago - no energy left, will have to postpone day 3 till tomorrow >_< (plus my left calf muscle is killing me)

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^lol sucks dude. I'm actually on my 4th week dude. You really have to eat food that gives you a lot of energy, which is usually not the case with me. I don't think I eat enough. I also had to take 4 days off at the end of week 3, because my knees were $#@!ed up from all the jumping. Feel like $#@! tonight, so taking the day off also. Those workouts make you sweat a $#@! ton.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA and AZ
    Posts
    237
    Rep Points
    148.7
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So guys is this easy? Is it just a basic workout or is it more advanced and competitive than you thought?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^IMO someone who has never exercised hard before, should not be doing Insanity. It's just too hard on the body for beginners. I think it's way harder than I thought, cardio wise that is. Not a lot of exercises where you need a lot of strength. It's max interval training, you heart rate goes up the roof for around 3 mins then you take a 30 second rest. This method is the most effective at burning fat, than anything out there IMO. I used to run all day long back in the Marine Corps, and I never made as much progress in the burning fat department compared to Max Interval Training (Insanity). I seriously doubt you can build much muscle just by doing Insanity, but it sure as hell it's going to trim a lot of fat from your body, as long as you are eating fairly good. I don't really care about putting more mass though, as I have plenty of muscle from years of weight training, all I care about now is staying fit cardio wise and agile.

    You should give it ago, I'm pretty sure you can find it online (torrent). Try it out, it wont hurt. Click here to enlarge

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Someone post what the insanity workout is.

    As of right now I'm just doing an hour of high intensity cardio a day and that seems to be plenty for my body.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    I used to run all day long back in the Marine Corps, and I never made as much progress in the burning fat department
    i was never a fan of long slow distnace running.

    i may have to try this insanity out

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Someone post what the insanity workout is.

    As of right now I'm just doing an hour of high intensity cardio a day and that seems to be plenty for my body.
    It's tough on the heart dude, it doesn't matter what level of fitness you may be at. It will push you to your limit, because it makes you go as fast as you can. For example a warm-up exercise consists of the following exercises:

    1. Jog in place for 30 seconds (semi-slow, since its the first exercise),
    2. Jumping jacks for another 30 seconds
    2. The heisman 30 seconds
    3. 1-2-3 steps heisman 30 seconds
    4. Butt kicks 30 seconds
    5. High knees 30 seconds
    6. Mummy kicks 30 seconds

    30 second rest, then start all over again, for a total of 3 times. You will increase the speed at which are doing your work outs everytime you start over, after the 30 second rest. On your 3rd time you will do it as fast you possibly can. (Note: NEVER SACRIFICE FORM FOR SPEED).

    After the warm-up, you will be put thru a series of streching exercises, which will aid you in performing the work outs, some of which require a lot of flexibility. Usually by the end of the warm-up 3 time circuit and the streching exercises you will be drenched in sweat lol. Afterwards you have around 21 to 22 more minutes of insane exercises, most of which consist of "3 minutes give it your all" then a 30 second rest.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -10.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    SOmeone will catch a heart attack from Insanity lol, i agree it is not for someone who has never strength exercised before because of the intensity of the work out,
    As i said before 90% of P90 X is a waste.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Someone post what the insanity workout is.

    As of right now I'm just doing an hour of high intensity cardio a day and that seems to be plenty for my body.
    I had to "borrow" this.

    Finished day 4 - "recovery" they call it. My quads are shot to hell.

    So after doing some reading, I have come to the conclusion that by the end of insanity, I will have lost some muscle mass.

    It's like placing yourself on a scale with Muscle on one end and fat burn on the other. You have to choose a side as we can't tell our body that we want to burn calories AND gain muscle mass afaik.

    I want to lose fat AND gain muscle but it seems like it is harder done that said....am I correct in assuming I have to choose one then go to the other or can I do both? I was thinking:

    Insanity workout + weight lifting, but I don't know where to take the protein shake; in the middle or after the weight lifting?

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    I want to lose fat AND gain muscle but it seems like it is harder done that said....am I correct in assuming I have to choose one then go to the other or can I do both? I was thinking:
    Both can be done but it is better to focus on one or the other.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Pretty sure you can gain muscle, as long as you eat good. That is you are eating enough protein. You will notice a huge difference in your legs that's for sure and obviously abs.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure you can gain muscle, as long as you eat good. That is you are eating enough protein. You will notice a huge difference in your legs that's for sure and obviously abs.
    During the day i'll weight lift w/ the protein then do insanity at night and/or vice versa.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Dude this workout is kicking my ass right now. Just about done with week one.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    It's tough on the heart dude, it doesn't matter what level of fitness you may be at. It will push you to your limit, because it makes you go as fast as you can. For example a warm-up exercise consists of the following exercises:

    1. Jog in place for 30 seconds (semi-slow, since its the first exercise),
    2. Jumping jacks for another 30 seconds
    2. The heisman 30 seconds
    3. 1-2-3 steps heisman 30 seconds
    4. Butt kicks 30 seconds
    5. High knees 30 seconds
    6. Mummy kicks 30 seconds

    30 second rest, then start all over again, for a total of 3 times. You will increase the speed at which are doing your work outs everytime you start over, after the 30 second rest. On your 3rd time you will do it as fast you possibly can. (Note: NEVER SACRIFICE FORM FOR SPEED).

    After the warm-up, you will be put thru a series of streching exercises, which will aid you in performing the work outs, some of which require a lot of flexibility. Usually by the end of the warm-up 3 time circuit and the streching exercises you will be drenched in sweat lol. Afterwards you have around 21 to 22 more minutes of insane exercises, most of which consist of "3 minutes give it your all" then a 30 second rest.

    hhmm.. that doesnt sound "TOO" difficult. Ill have to try it

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^That's just the warm-up dude. Download all the discs and follow the calendar if you want. You can find it online. Just google Insnaity workout calendar. It's really good for burning fat....

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ahh, that makes more sense. ill google it Click here to enlarge

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^look at post #59. Check out that link Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •