Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

p90x/Insanity - Beach body

I know we have a workout thread, but I wanted to know how many have actually done either/or and finished it.

I've been thinking of starting Insanity seriously and wanted to know if anyone here has finished either of the two programs by BeachBody.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is P90X anyway? Just some workout instructions?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Everytime I hear of P90x I think of this.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 comprehensive 3 week workout routine designed into a 90 day segment(3 weeks on 1 recovery week) that will cause muscle confusion eliminating the plateau effect. There is also a insane diet program to go with it. Someone told me that you would lose weight just by following the diet alone.

The guy who created it does this for his sunday workout:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looked it up on Wikipedia. Just seems like a workout regimen, I don't get what is special.

All the workouts are listed on the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90x

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm doing insanity currently and I just got one word for you, if you are not too cardio fit. INSANE!!!!!! it works dude, specially if you got muscle on your body already, you will burn fat very fast, as long as you are not eating too nasty, you will make really good gains, in the cutting down fat department and adding a little muscle while toning your abs a lot. P90x will help you gaining muscle a lot more than Insanity as you are actually using weights and a pull bar. Both programs are good, as long as your nutrition is decent, and if you mix them, even better......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    I'm doing insanity currently and I just got one word for you, if you are not too cardio fit. INSANE!!!!!! it works dude, specially if you got muscle on your body already, you will burn fat very fast, as long as you are not eating too nasty, you will make really good gains, in the cutting down fat department and adding a little muscle while toning your abs a lot. P90x will help you gaining muscle a lot more than Insanity as you are actually using weights and a pull bar. Both programs are good, as long as your nutrition is decent, and if you mix them, even better......
    So what is the big deal? You just do a bunch of cardio everyday?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

waste of money and time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So what is the big deal? You just do a bunch of cardio everyday?
    Yes, everything you do is concentrated on your core. It's good for cutting down fat and showing abs, but as with every work out, you have to eat good, to make it work, or its a waste of time. I like doing it, cus I'm too lazy to go to the gym now, and tired of paying a monthly fee.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do push ups, pull ups, crunches, and dumbbells at home for 90 days, eat right and you will have the same result.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Do push ups, pull ups, crunches, and dumbbells at home for 90 days, eat right and you will have the same result.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Why don't they just call it 90 days of intense workout?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Everytime I hear of P90x I think of this.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    that's what got my attention when I read the title

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    200 push ups 50 pull ups 1k crunches and bells will not be enough to get the same results. From what been told the px90 workouts are harder.
    Spend 30 minutes straight in push up formation working a variety of push ups is grueling and most people will not put forth the effort.

You will not get the same results. The major reason is that you will not push yourself like you do if you have a set plan. People cheat! Most people will not push themselves to get through one of those workouts let alone 3 weeks of them. Then you will have to go through two more 3 week sessions with completely new routines. The system creates competition. The competition drives the results.

Get into a daily crossfit routine with friends and competitors and you will see better results than the basic hard home routine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Weight loss is 90% diet. The American Journal of Medicine even started recommending that obese people dont work out but just diet to lose weight. That it was easier this way, as exercising made them too hungry. LOL

Point is, if you have muscle from whatever you do, basic body building exercises at the gym, all you need is low body fat, then you will look "ripped". You dont know how many people ask me, what do I need to do to be ripped, or I hear that if I do x,y, and z thats the secret, or if i do tons of reps, or super set etc....being "lean" , "shredded" or "ripped" is just having muscle with low low body fat. A perfect diet is the best way for low body fat, because it takes a $#@! load of cardio to beat poor diet and intake.

The P90x has good exercise programs for burning calories, gaining muscle, but its not the only way, and as Mike said programs push people, motivate you and help you stick to the plan which most dont do by themselves. But you also have to consider, that most of you dont understand about physical compensation or proper body mechanics. If exercises are done wrong, or your body is not prepared for them you could be injuring yourself slowly. 1 exercise could be good for one person but not the other. Thats the positive aspect of having an educated personal trainer.

This is actually what I dislike about body building. It is terrible for you. It de-trains you, slows down your connection between your brain and muscles. Its like watching jersey shore all day, a little bit is fine, but its what most do, and only do. Its important to train your reflexes, balance and coordination.

maybe its just late and im rambling
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Weight loss is 90% diet. The American Journal of Medicine even started recommending that obese people dont work out but just diet to lose weight. That it was easier this way, as exercising made them too hungry. LOL

Point is, if you have muscle from whatever you do, basic body building exercises at the gym, all you need is low body fat, then you will look "ripped". You dont know how many people ask me, what do I need to do to be ripped, or I hear that if I do x,y, and z thats the secret, or if i do tons of reps, or super set etc....being "lean" , "shredded" or "ripped" is just having muscle with low low body fat. A perfect diet is the best way for low body fat, because it takes a $#@! load of cardio to beat poor diet and intake.

The P90x has good exercise programs for burning calories, gaining muscle, but its not the only way, and as Mike said programs push people, motivate you and help you stick to the plan which most dont do by themselves. But you also have to consider, that most of you dont understand about physical compensation or proper body mechanics. If exercises are done wrong, or your body is not prepared for them you could be injuring yourself slowly. 1 exercise could be good for one person but not the other. Thats the positive aspect of having an educated personal trainer.

This is actually what I dislike about body building. It is terrible for you. It de-trains you, slows down your connection between your brain and muscles. Its like watching jersey shore all day, a little bit is fine, but its what most do, and only do. Its important to train your reflexes, balance and coordination.

well said Sammy
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge

Agreed. These workouts are starting to take over the military. Funny enough, they are cause the most injuries to it's people. Our exercise leader think enyone can do them with out learning the basics, or you get people that try to jump into it right away. I'll stick to playing basketball and soccer thanks.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I'll stick to playing basketball and soccer thanks.
    lol, the 2 hardest cardio sports there are. i think youll be fine if your even 1/2 decent at either of those Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

yo...insanity works....i lost 117lbs doing it....and i got proof....even met Shaun T in person

lowest weight 230lbs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    117 pounds in 3.5 months is not healthy weight loss for your body. It's way too rapid, if even possible. Just sayin.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    200 push ups 50 pull ups 1k crunches and bells will not be enough to get the same results. From what been told the px90 workouts are harder.
    Spend 30 minutes straight in push up formation working a variety of push ups is grueling and most people will not put forth the effort.

You will not get the same results. The major reason is that you will not push yourself like you do if you have a set plan. People cheat! Most people will not push themselves to get through one of those workouts let alone 3 weeks of them. Then you will have to go through two more 3 week sessions with completely new routines. The system creates competition. The competition drives the results.

Get into a daily crossfit routine with friends and competitors and you will see better results than the basic hard home routine.
    Come on dude ive been working out since age 14, any time i need to get more defined i just eat properly and do pull ups, push ups, dumbbells and running i have a strong core. Running is the only thing you need to keep your core strong i play soccer 5 times a week thats plenty for me.
    1000 push ups for what ? bragging rights thats not healthy at all , ive seen what P90x has and i would say 90% is junk and most of the people will skip lots of steps.
    As i said before 90 days of working out running and diet will keep you in great shape and keep the $200 bucks for food instead of wasting on P90x.

If you don't live healthy you don't look healthy simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    117 pounds in 3.5 months is not healthy weight loss for your body. It's way too rapid, if even possible. Just sayin.
    i wasnt in my lowest weight yet when i did that showing....the final picture was about a yr later

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and trust me...im prob the healthiest ive ever been

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ultimateeendz

Congrats and awesome job!

The average person couldn't get past the mental aspect of sticking to one of these programs on a daily basis. Between the diet and the level of workout, most people aren't motivated enoguh to follow through.

Great job!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rborgia Click here to enlarge
    ultimateeendz

Congrats and awesome job!

The average person couldn't get past the mental aspect of sticking to one of these programs on a daily basis. Between the diet and the level of workout, most people aren't motivated enoguh to follow through.

Great job!

thanks man.....still even a work in progress....the second version of Insanity just came out too called asylum....makes the hardest workouts from insanity look like a walk in the park....still trying to get my head around how he managed to make insanity even harder...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge

it was more like almost 6 months if i remember correctly? he was hitting this and p90x and alternating them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast