Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New BMW Art Car? M3 GT2 is the canvas?

Honestly, this design is not on par with the great art cars of the past:

BMW announced today that the 17th Art Car created by Jeff Koons will race where the first BMW Art Cars raced Ė at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France, June 12-13, 2010. Koons also unveiled for the first time his preliminary design concepts. Koonsí canvas is a BMW M3 GT2, which was homologated to compete at this yearís running of the worldís most famous endurance race.

In another nod to tradition, Koons will present the world premiere and sign his car at Parisí Centre Pompidou on June 1, 2010, just as Roy Lichtenstein did in 1977.

As part of his creative process, the artist looked at the history of race car graphics, light bursts and speed. The resulting graphic conceived by Koons is evocative of power, motion and light. The artist uses his signature saturated hues on a black background set against the carís silver interior, which he himself chose. The design imparts a dynamic race car appearance even when itís standing still.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

This thing looks like it was designed in MS Paint...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ..... April Fools? If not Koons needs to be shot. I had to watch a video on modern "Art" today, some of the $#@! that gets sold and praised as art is a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    ..... April Fools? If not Koons needs to be shot. I had to watch a video on modern "Art" today, some of the $#@! that gets sold and praised as art is a joke.
    I agree with you, the modern art stuff is just ridiculous. I went to a modern art museum last year and one of the "art pieces" was a cell phone surrounded by pairs of jeans. WTF? I've been making art on my bedroom floor for years and I haven't even realized it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha