Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Most boost with RB and no meth

My meth sprung a leak and I am racing tomorrow. Have any of you RB guys experimented on what the most boost is you can run with no meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Bolt the wastegates shut and let her rip. lol

Where is the meth leaking from? Not fixable I assume?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Bolt the wastegates shut and let her rip. lol

Where is the meth leaking from? Not fixable I assume?
    Car went for hpfp recall so they nust have pulled meth pipe at solenoid damaging the fitting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Car went for hpfp recall so they nust have pulled meth pipe at solenoid damaging the fitting.
    Isn't this pretty easy to verify even visually?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Isn't this pretty easy to verify even visually?
    Not withouT priming the pump. I have push fitting connectors so pipe was fully in but leaked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

try your best to replace. some meth is better than none for cooling. your gonna start running lean around 18+psi, anything under and you'll be OK. should be anyway. your setup is different and your at altitude. so thats just my findings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Maybe 16psi? Just monitor AFR and advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i run without issues 16.5 psi and IC50% . Normally though 15.5 IC50% on 94 octane.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I finally decided to run a flash tune I had with 15psi on pump. Ran a 12.04@116. We experimented with lifting the torque converters stall to 2800 electronically which yielded me a 1.6sec 60ft so first gear improved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I finally decided to run a flash tune I had with 15psi on pump. Ran a 12.04@116. We experimented with lifting the torque converters stall to 2800 electronically which yielded me a 1.6sec 60ft so first gear improved.
    can you elaborate on the converter stall? what benefits does it give?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

dude nice! 1.6 60' is incredible, granted, achievable on the autos easier but still. what tires? the ET is great on pump, i expected to see a low 120 trap though for upp'd turbos tho, maybe it's because no meth..
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

that sounds about right to me. i know your track are different, and that 60 is insane. i can only dream of that Click here to enlarge

but for comparison sake, being a flash tune, your probably way conservative with it on pump alone. for reference, i think i set the pump only record at 11.8@116 on 16 psi. so it sounds like they are doing their job. get that meth back run 1-2 more psi, and that sucker is gonna FLYYYYYYYYY!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Ive pushed 15-15.5 on 93 pump gas with little issues...especially strong up in the top end..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    can you elaborate on the converter stall? what benefits does it give?
    The track I race at is at 5500ft altitude so the turbos battle to build boost initially. Stalling at a higher speed allows more boost build up off the line.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    dude nice! 1.6 60' is incredible, granted, achievable on the autos easier but still. what tires? the ET is great on pump, i expected to see a low 120 trap though for upp'd turbos tho, maybe it's because no meth..
    MT 275's. I trap 119 with pump and meth @ around 18psi

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    that sounds about right to me. i know your track are different, and that 60 is insane. i can only dream of that Click here to enlarge

but for comparison sake, being a flash tune, your probably way conservative with it on pump alone. for reference, i think i set the pump only record at 11.8@116 on 16 psi. so it sounds like they are doing their job. get that meth back run 1-2 more psi, and that sucker is gonna FLYYYYYYYYY!
    It was the only RB compatible flash tune I had at 23h00 night before the races so I had to make due with what I had. With the meth working and race fuel the goal was to run a 11.6@121. My best so far at this altitude was a 11.91@119 with avoiding 6200rpm plus due to throttle closures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Haven't heard of this before and didn't realize you could just lift the stall electronically. 1.6 is a damn nice 60 foot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

It was the only RB compatible flash tune I had at 23h00 night before the races so I had to make due with what I had. With the meth working and race fuel the goal was to run a 11.6@121. My best so far at this altitude was a 11.91@119 with avoiding 6200rpm plus due to throttle closures.

weight reduction is KEY. i know lots are against it, but maaaaaan.... it works wonders.

GL and keep movin forward Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry, but what is RB? I've run 23psi in a different application on 93 octane with an 8.8:1 motor. No issues. I had tuned for it though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tjabo Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, but what is RB? I've run 23psi in a different application on 93 octane with an 8.8:1 motor. No issues. I had tuned for it though.
    Yes
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    weight reduction is KEY. i know lots are against it, but maaaaaan.... it works wonders.

GL and keep movin forward Click here to enlarge
    I got this planned. Thinking of ordering Kosei K1, do you know a decent vendor besides Tirerack? Running runflats on stock 18's in the front which weigh a ton.
    I also got the fully electric seats so those must be swopped out. Probably going to fit seats from the M3 CSL.
    We not allowed to remove rear bench seat unless a roll cage is installed so thats gotta stay.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I got this planned. Thinking of ordering Kosei K1, do you know a decent vendor besides Tirerack? Running runflats on stock 18's in the front which weigh a ton.
    I also got the fully electric seats so those must be swopped out. Probably going to fit seats from the M3 CSL.
    We not allowed to remove rear bench seat unless a roll cage is installed so thats gotta stay.
    tirerack is where i got mine. but if your into it, i have to find the 18" setup that also works wonders on weight and look good for an all around DD setup.

here is what to expect from the k1 setup: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12010

and trevor008 had mentioned LTW5's are actually lighter in the rear with NT05R's do a search on here for that though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Check out the D-force LTW5 before you decide on the K1's. You'll find that they are a lighter wheel and are only slightly more expensive. http://dforcewheels.com/pages/products.php
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trevor008 Click here to enlarge
    Check out the D-force LTW5 before you decide on the K1's. You'll find that they are a lighter wheel and are only slightly more expensive. http://dforcewheels.com/pages/products.php
    there we go, thats what I was looking for Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Thanks for the information. Will drop them a email and see.
    I got E90 so what do you guys reckon about a 17X9 back and 17X8 fronts? Or maybe bite the bullet and fit 18 in front?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They're pretty slow about returning emails. I'd just give Turner Motorsports or Bimmworld a shout..

As for size, I'd go 17x9 rear and 17x8 front like you suggested
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

They're pretty slow about returning emails. I'd just give Turner Motorsports or Bimmworld a shout..

As for size, I'd go 17x9 rear and 17x8 front like you suggested
    Thanks for that. Turner responded in a blink but the bad news is they will be only available in August. So K1's are the only option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast