Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    I let off the throttle.....same as in the first video, he pulled out 1/2-3/4 car then I let off the throttle..
    Why let off the throttle? That is where he is starting to show his gearing advantage and HP disparity, essentially he is showing you trap speed vs. you showing ET.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    newbies to rolls. i had to tell AK the same thing, just cause you get ahead doesnt mean its over- gotta get to at least 130 to show difference between the 2 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    newbies to rolls. i had to tell AK the same thing, just cause you get ahead doesnt mean its over- gotta get to at least 130 to show difference between the 2 Click here to enlarge
    Where I come from, it's 200mph or bust!

Just joking. But past 120mph things can change up. Past 150 the results could be even more interesting with some surprises (AKA corvette Z06's sad 5th gear). Past 180 is where you really see the horsepower, gearing, and aero shine or fade.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    for somereason i wont take a car that high up, now bikes, i feel much more comfortable on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    for somereason i wont take a car that high up, now bikes, i feel much more comfortable on
    Bah, I'll bang of the 150 speed limiter at least once a week Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, im limited to 130 in my car and for good reason Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Booo, change that $#@! man! You're going to need it since it looks like you'll be trapping in the 130's soon enough!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, im gonna have one sent to me soon. gotta get a few other things situated first so i have some time. hopefully ill be ready to rock and hit a MIR private rental to take home the gold if noone does it before me. or even if they do, ill match it or try to beat it, even if i cant be the first in the 10's Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, im limited to 130 in my car and for good reason Click here to enlarge
    I understand your need to keep the speeds down. We all should IMO. But 130 is really low speeds for these faster cars. You can't be maxxing out your top speed at the 1/4 mile bro Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    I understand your need to keep the speeds down. We all should IMO. But 130 is really low speeds for these faster cars.
    same here, I usually hit the roads at 5:00 AM and when i get to Highway i floor it. sometimes it goes massively ugly, but nothing bad happened so far.
    once i tried +260 KPH in a Vette, I was $#@!ting in the car. the whole car was shaking like nothing else and the tail was jumping ! scariest moment I've ever experienced behind the wheel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    scariest moment was doing 196mph in my friends gallardo...that $#@! was no joke...why dont u share the 200mph story mr.stallion lol that was reallyyyyy scary

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    same here, I usually hit the roads at 5:00 AM and when i get to Highway i floor it. sometimes it goes massively ugly, but nothing bad happened so far.
    once i tried +260 KPH in a Vette, I was $#@!ting in the car. the whole car was shaking like nothing else and the tail was jumping ! scariest moment I've ever experienced behind the wheel.
    Yeah at 150 the back end gets squirelly. At 200mph its definitely worse. It felt very darty and unstable.
    I hit a woodchuck doing 120 also once. I pulled over to try and find the body but it's remains got ejected into the forest somewhere. The front bumper was cracked right in half.
    Vettes are amazing power/weight but nothing else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    I understand your need to keep the speeds down. We all should IMO. But 130 is really low speeds for these faster cars. You can't be maxxing out your top speed at the 1/4 mile bro Click here to enlarge
    well, honestly its the first time ive ever encountered this problem, so there is a learning curve here for me Click here to enlarge

FWIW Im fully capable and comfortable driving and handling the car at those speeds, its everyone else that cant even handle a car at normal speeds that intimidates me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, honestly its the first time ive ever encountered this problem, so there is a learning curve here for me Click here to enlarge

FWIW Im fully capable and comfortable driving and handling the car at those speeds, its everyone else that cant even handle a car at normal speeds that intimidates me.
    +1million!

Not to do with high speeds or anything but just shows what some people are capable of.

First night I raced my Z06. I line up with my friend's Evo for a highway pull. Theres a couple cars behind us and also in the right lane blocking traffic off on the mexican highway so that we have a clear pull. Well we do the 3 honk.

I downshift and have my foot hovering on the gas pedal ready to go. HONK. HONK. HONK
    On the 3rd honk, a 350Z that was with us comes from the right lane and decides to switch into the middle lane in front of me where I am. I was an inch from rear ending him! He got all scared and swerved right and almost went into the guard rail. Now THAT was scary!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah at 150 the back end gets squirelly. At 200mph its definitely worse. It felt very darty and unstable.
    I hit a woodchuck doing 120 also once. I pulled over to try and find the body but it's remains got ejected into the forest somewhere. The front bumper was cracked right in half.
    Vettes are amazing power/weight but nothing else.
    For an american car they handle pretty well but the quality of material is a big thumbs down.

its everyone else that cant even handle a car at normal speeds that intimidates me.
    Exactly, that's why I just do it when the traffic is gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For an american car they handle pretty well .
    Handling and stability are two different things. They have excellent grip and can handle a track no problem. On the highway though where there are road imperfections and where speeds can go excess of 180mph, they really lose their composure. A friend of mine had his side marker pop out as well as his door handle after doing a 190+ run. Still can't beat them for the money though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I slowed down in the vid because we were approaching an area where cops are KNOWN to always be sitting waiting to get people lol....well def rerun now that I have my tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I drove a mildly tuned C5 Z06 up to 160 mph, was surprised at how stable it was.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I drove a mildly tuned C5 Z06 up to 160 mph, was surprised at how stable it was.
    don't know man, maybe C5 acts better than C6 in higher speed.
    I could feel the tail is going to fly because i had wheel spin at 260 Km/h !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12