Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Getting the SL600 Opti-Coat(ed)

In preparation for Timmayfest 2011, I'm having the paint corrected on the SL600. I had an amazing detailer do a 100% correction on the car last year, and it looked beyond amazing. It's about time to have it done again, and what better time than for Timmayfest. Well, my detailer is completely booked up, and with the event fastly approaching, I'm having another local detailer do the car.

After coming out to the house to see the car, he t alked to me about a new and revolutionary product called Optimum Opti-Coat. I'm familiar with Optimum's line of professional detailing products, and use many of them, but what he was telling me just sounded too good to be true.

After the paint is corrected, the product is used as an LSP, and it provides protection previously unheard of. Guys, we're talking two years of sheeting protection, from what I can gather. With this stuff, dirt won't even attach itself to the car. You can literally take a pressure washer to it, then leaf blow dry it, and you're done. You never even have to touch the paint! I've been scouring the professional detailing forums, and this stuff is like the second coming of Christ in their world. I'm having it done this weekend and will report back.

Stuff seems very promising.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, your paint is already in pretty good shape from what I gather.

Please take before and after photos, you have me pretty intrigued but it sounds too good to be true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, your paint is already in pretty good shape from what I gather.

Please take before and after photos, you have me pretty intrigued but it sounds too good to be true.
    It was in UNBELIEVABLE shape, but after a year of washing/drying/driving, it's time for a redo. Plus, the body shop that just installed my spoiler and 3rd brake light, washed it for me, before delivery. Might as well have washed it with a brillo pad.

People who are uneducated on the proper washing and drying techniques, really have zero idea of how much damage their actually doing to their clear coat. People with dark color cars, are accutely aware.

This product doesn't not fix swirls, scratches, marring etc. But rather, once you get the paint corrected, you apply this stuff last and it protects it like the National Gaurd.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That's outstanding the Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating is really great stuff. Please take some before and after pics if you get time and keep us posted on the experience. Take care!

Greg @ DI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    and it protects it like the National Gaurd.
    bad analogy Click here to enlarge

but im all ears for seeing before and after!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Two years ?!?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DetailedImage.com Click here to enlarge
    That's outstanding the Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating is really great stuff. Please take some before and after pics if you get time and keep us posted on the experience. Take care!

Greg @ DI
    Thanks Greg. I buy a lot of stuff, from you. You might recognize my name: Clayton D. It's being worked on as I type this, and both I and the detailer and very excited about this product. It sounds so amazing.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    bad analogy Click here to enlarge

but im all ears for seeing before and after!
    Protects it like the Marines? Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Two years ?!?!
    Depending on who you believe, some say it's lifetime, and some say a few years.

This product has been around for a few years, under the name Optimum OptiGuard. It was sold only to professionals who had to show credentials and sign a waiver, in order to purchase it. The new stuff that just came out is called Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0. It's available to the public and is supposedly easier to work with.

It's not a polish, compound, wax or sealant. It's closer to adding another clear coat to you car, if that makes sense.

Maybe Greg from DI and explain further.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not a polish, compound, wax or sealant. It's closer to adding another clear coat to you car, if that makes sense.
    I thought it was a sealant, albeit an extremely thick and durable one?

I've used Opti-Seal and man that stuff is fast, dead-easy and looks fantastic. Durability is so-so, but who cares when it's rub-on walk-away? I also like ONR. Look forward to seeing your results with the OC2.0 - thanks for sharing. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Depending on who you believe, some say it's lifetime, and some say a few years.
    i would be happy with even 6 months.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    I thought it was a sealant, albeit an extremely thick and durable one?

I've used Opti-Seal and man that stuff is fast, dead-easy and looks fantastic. Durability is so-so, but who cares when it's rub-on walk-away? I also like ONR. Look forward to seeing your results with the OC2.0 - thanks for sharing. Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, OptiSeal is a sealant. This stuff is a whole different animal. Supposedly, it's a permanent paint coating.
    Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 05-28-2011 at 02:08 PM.