Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

A few small vids of the G-power supercharged M3 GTS

G-power tweeted out these vids. Nothing special but thought some might want to see:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Thanks for posting them up.
    Sticky a interesting conversation would be the air to air intercooler vs charge cooling in the S65 application. Would be nice to see logs of heat soak comparing the two and also discussing pressure losses of the air to air vs the benefits of better cooling. I think Eugene in Taiwan has had both kits so would be cool to pull him in to tell us his experience of power drop after multiple runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

note this car is just 2 second faster around the track compared to stock GTS, not saying G-power numbers aren't realistic cuz they are, but what I'm saying is the lap times show FI don't work at track, extra 200hp for just 2 second ? at least without slicks it won't work. they should put some slicks under the car and send it to Nurburgring to see what it does compared to ESS M3 CSL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I wish we had the GTS over here. WTF MAN???????? Not fair for the U.S. Here is where they would sell the most too. So, dunno wtf BMW was thinking.....they are obviously loosing money by not selling it here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting them up.
    Sticky a interesting conversation would be the air to air intercooler vs charge cooling in the S65 application. Would be nice to see logs of heat soak comparing the two and also discussing pressure losses of the air to air vs the benefits of better cooling. I think Eugene in Taiwan has had both kits so would be cool to pull him in to tell us his experience of power drop after multiple runs.
    Eugene would be good to ask.

AA has an air to air and in the S65 section you can see a dyno they put up in 99 degree weather of their Stage 2. Air to air seems to be doing fine...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    I wish we had the GTS over here. WTF MAN???????? Not fair for the U.S. Here is where they would sell the most too. So, dunno wtf BMW was thinking.....they are obviously loosing money by not selling it here.
    We have the 5 GT though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    note this car is just 2 second faster around the track compared to stock GTS, not saying G-power numbers aren't realistic cuz they are, but what I'm saying is the lap times show FI don't work at track, extra 200hp for just 2 second ? at least without slicks it won't work. they should put some slicks under the car and send it to Nurburgring to see what it does compared to ESS M3 CSL.
    That was on the Hockenheim I believe where 2 seconds is an eternity.