Close

Thread: BB FI Fest?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

BB FI Fest?

i was really bummed out about how fragmented and UN-community like the vibe was at bimmerfest this year. maybe i'm being naive about the bmw community but i think we can do better than that. seemed like everyone kinda camped out at their respective tuner's booth and just mugged the competition from their lawn chair.
    and then i thought about all the drama and bull$#@! on the web too from the past few years... people getting angry, people getting banned. for what? nothing.

i would really like an exclusively FI BMW meet. a midwest or southern spot so that we can get a good cross section of both east and west coasters and both sides have to do a bit of a driving to get there.
    e30,34,36,46....the whole 9 but its just got to have a pulley or snail, no exceptions.
    i was thinking track rental w/the typical picnic meet/greet but it would NOT be allowed to be bought (i.e. hosted by vendors). i'd be great to start getting away from tuner association and just focus on appreciating the cars themselves although funding something like this without sponsors could get ugly.
    thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bimmerfest wasn't all that great this year by most accounts.

The BMW community is pretty fragmented as is and not exactly friendly. A lot of boards are infested by people who don't even own BMW's and aren't there as car enthusiasts but instead to sling BS.

I really like your thinking and I think it could be done. We don't quite have the mass to pull it off yet although Mfest gets a meet going and we are pretty much going to be passing them shortly in board size/activity. So, we could do it.

I like the crowd we have here, just guys who want to actually talk cars and all the junk pretty much is in other spots. If we could get our core group to meet I think it would be great but the problem is so many members are all over the US.

No need to keep it exclusive FI though, many cool guys with LS swaps or awesome NA setups that should definitely be a part. It's about the real enthusiasts not just for FI.

Funding would be an issue, but it doesn't have to be fancy or commercial like Bimmerfest/Mfest. Who cares about tshirts and sponsor booths? The cars and people should be the main focus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is SUCH a good idea..Midwest would be good. It sucks being in new York on the east coast and missing the bigger meets. Next year I'm making the trek to Vegas but it would be cool to stay a week in Vegas then have another big meet focused on f/i on the way there/back. Focused on the turbo, sc crowd but not limited to would be awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to be pretty hard to try to get everyone to meet in the midwest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Going to be pretty hard to try to get everyone to meet in the midwest.
    This
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    south, midwest, somewhere thats somewaht equidistant.hopefully track rental would be dirt cheap somewhere in the middle. i hate seeing the same damn cars over and over in pasadena. i saw a handle full of east coast heads this year but not enough.
    plus who's been to the midwest before? (other than a layover)
    do it in kansas, call it Ozfest lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    south, midwest, somewhere thats somewaht equidistant.hopefully track rental would be dirt cheap somewhere in the middle. i hate seeing the same damn cars over and over in pasadena. i saw a handle full of east coast heads this year but not enough.
    plus who's been to the midwest before? (other than a layover)
    do it in kansas, call it Ozfest lol
    I understand what you are saying but the majority of modded BMW's are either on the West Coast or East Coast. How many are in the middle?

Definitely needs to be done at a track, that is for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i would deff be in to meet up for a weekend of some track and enjoying our cars.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    North Dakota or bust
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tehran.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    North Dakota or bust
    lol never been there wouldn't mind checking it out. How about a place where they no a high speed limit or none at all. (if theres a state that even allows it.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ND's interstate is 75 so that's nice, but they're aren't any people on the road (good and bad thing) so you have a healthy chance of getting busted at anything over 85. I've driven there twice since I've been in MD which is 1800 miles one way and the only ticket I've gotten is actually in ND. It's out of the way, but let's just say we wouldn't need an airstrip

For the no limit I would have suggested Montana, but we're too late to the party. For a while there the limit during the day was 'reasonable and prudent'. link
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ND's interstate is 75 so that's nice, but they're aren't any people on the road (good and bad thing) so you have a healthy chance of getting busted at anything over 85. I've driven there twice since I've been in MD which is 1800 miles one way and the only ticket I've gotten is actually in ND. It's out of the way, but let's just say we wouldn't need an airstrip

For the no limit I would have suggested Montana, but we're too late to the party. For a while there the limit during the day was 'reasonable and prudent'. link
    well that suks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

we should get signs like that and put them back on the road so we can have some fun lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That would be a great idea, BB is the place for people to chill and talk about cars. Until BB is able to get a meetfest going, you can try the BMW car club. I signed up with one of the UK chapters. I've been to only one of their meets so far, but they're are all cool people, that just love to get together and talk about cars. They usually have track meets every quarter.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    That would be a great idea, BB is the place for people to chill and talk about cars. Until BB is able to get a meetfest going, you can try the BMW car club. I signed up with one of the UK chapters. I've been to only one of their meets so far, but they're are all cool people, that just love to get together and talk about cars. They usually have track meets every quarter.
    We have to figure out a way to make it so UK members can attend, might have to get our own island somewhere in the Atlantic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We have to figure out a way to make it so UK members can attend, might have to get our own island somewhere in the Atlantic.
    cheeky monkey