Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW would you ever go back?

So I've heard a lot of people talk about never going back to another car since owning a BMW. So whats your thoughts, would you or have you tried something after owning a BMW?

I'm on my first one and love it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be honest, I think the only car I would go back to would be a Volkswagen Golf, either a GTI or TDI, or maybe a golf R.... They just feel so much lighter than a 335, and the hatchback is sure handy when you don't own a truck. The build quality is close enough in comparison for me not to $#@!, and the newer TSI motor is really powerful efficient and quiet compared to my 335. I think that's about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Somehow I keep ending up in BMW's, this is my fourth. They used to be my favorite company but I'm finding it harder and harder to like them the way I used to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go to a Honda or Toyota any time soon as BMW builds a much better car but they have slipped a little bit in my mind. There are now other alternative one the market that do what BMW used to do better than everyone else.

Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, have all gotten a hell of a lot better and encroached on BMW's pedestal of all around driving dynamics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, I think the only car I would go back to would be a Volkswagen Golf, either a GTI or TDI, or maybe a golf R.... They just feel so much lighter than a 335, and the hatchback is sure handy when you don't own a truck. The build quality is close enough in comparison for me not to $#@!, and the newer TSI motor is really powerful efficient and quiet compared to my 335. I think that's about it.
    x2, but my mom will only breathe, eat, sleep BMW lol. I miss my GTI quality...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    on my first car/BMW, idk if i could step down per say x.x
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i've tried audi and porsche after bmw, but it seems i'm back to bmw crowd. for the price you can't beat bmw's driving pleasure.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    x2, but my mom will only breathe, eat, sleep BMW lol. I miss my GTI quality...
    Your mom deserves the best, i killed myself to convice my mother not to buy a A-class benz, such a lame car !!!
    BTW tell your mother happy mother's day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    BTW tell your mother happy mother's day
    It's on a different day here but sound advice nonetheless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, i thought since she is Iranian it's good to tell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They way BMW is going with their M cars, I might be switching over to AMG next.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mercedes just don't handle the same...power wise...comparable (if you don't look at power under the curve)...Audi..better, but you pay more for the same performance for some reason. Slightly better interiors in most Audi cars though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    They way BMW is going with their M cars, I might be switching over to AMG next.
    You aren't the only one considering it. That SLC sure has me intrigued.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had an e46 as my first car. As slow as it was it the best car I ever owned. I tried something different and got a 350Z, and although it was way more raw, more of a drivers car, and much faster there was just something that I missed about the feeling a BMW gives you when you drive it. BMW's are never the best at anything (handling, straight line, luxury, etc.), but they do everything above average, and I think that is what makes them the "Ultimate Driving Machine".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, i thought since she is Iranian it's good to tell.
    Thanks guys lol. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like cars too much to stick to one brand. I've had Chevy, Ford, M-B, Mazda, BMW, Honda, Subaru and others. I will say that I always look back at the BMW when walking into the house.