Thread: Failsafe Box Testing / Video
05-22-2011, 02:01 PM #1Supporting Vendor
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- Simi Valley, CA
- Rep Points
- 663 Post(s)
- Rep Power
Failsafe Box Testing / Video
Made a cool little video this morning showcasing how the failsafe box works. For normal use the JB4 or CMGS would be processing this signal, doing appropriate filtering, and then apply built in logic/learned algorithms to determine how meth is flowing.
For this video though I just wanted to showcase the raw unmodified signal under various conditions so you can see there are "no tricks" going on in the backend with regards to processing.
The videos shows the following tests:
1) Meth pump off -- 0v
2) Normal operation -- Average reading of ~1.7v
3) Simulated partially clogged nozzle -- Average reading of ~2.2v
4) Simulated "tank ran out of meth" or pickup related problem -- Average reading of ~.4v
5) Upon reconnecting the pickup the pump drew in lots of air. So we got a simulated "bad prime" / air bubbles in line situation -- Average reading of ~1.1v
6) For the last test I primed the pump by bumping the wipers a couple of times and we got back up to the normal reading of ~1.7v.
This thing is awesome!
05-22-2011, 02:05 PM #2