Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

z4m ess vt2-500 supercharger blown seal :-( vortech v3si

well guys my first proper supercharger problem has occured....
    now first off i must say, im a firm beliver im posting the good, the bad and the downright ugly....... ive posted so many great stuff about my ess vt2, and ive never had a single problem, but im happy to also post issues i have and customer service i recieve on fixing the issue...
    now my supercharger unit has been on my car for about 1 year, 1-2 months and has only covered 1100 miles, this is a summer only use car for me, and it see's dry weekend use only....

about a week ago i noticed some s/c lube oil underneath the vortech unit, i decided nothing of it and cleaned it up, retorqued all the brass fittings and placed some black tape on the chassis rail so i can easily see if their are any future leaks, today my first drive after trying to resolve my oil leak on the oil cooler line ( new orings needed) i notice droplets of supercharger oil on my chassis rail again. so i stick my hand underneath low and behold the underside is completely soaked with s/c gear oil, after much inspection, checking all the fittings, oil level, oil drain, the leak is coming from the actual casing when the two halves join together, the seal inside the unit has blown, the unit does not leak when the car is idling but leaks when boost is applied.

now being a huge ess fan and not wanting to be an ass without a response from them, i can honestly say im REALLY dissapointed, i really wouldnt expect leaks on a 1 year old s/c unit... but these things happen, ive emailed a detailed mail to ess and my tuner (simpson motorsport) who will hopefully come and collect the car on a truck, they will then take the unit off the car and workout what the hell is going on.
    I am looking forward to the response from ess and how they deal with this, needless to say i really would like a new s/c unit and now my car could be away for weeks......... really really fed up right now, i will update this thread once ess have showed me which direction to take to get a resolution. ESS have never ben anything but brilliant with me during the whole process, im looking forward to seeing how they deal with my first real issue, so far vt1-vt2 has been GREAT, im really hoping this wont leave me without my car for weeks and weeks.
    i will update as soon as possible, im really hoping these vortech units are upto the demanding use they recieve..... after all ive put this s/c on the car to drive it.... and drive it fast is exactly what i do.

byron

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    took some pics of the underside with the help of my trusty little mirror....
    s/c oil drip, after a drive with boost this running down the chassis rail....
    Click here to enlarge
    great pic of this here
    Click here to enlarge
    note completely dry braided line, and oil on compressor bolt
    Click here to enlarge
    more oil on compressor housing bolt
    Click here to enlarge
    note completely dry dipstick and breather fittings
    Click here to enlarge
    This unit is leaking from the centre join that joins the 2 halfs together, under boost it makes an MESS.
    hopefully i can get new blower sent out then i can take my car to simpson as they are a 3 hour drive from my home, which means they diagnose the same as me then my caris stuck at the tuner for a good while waiting for the new blower increasing its chances of being damaged.
    according to roman this is the first failure of this blower during them selling it....
    Guess im just unlucky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by beedub Click here to enlarge
    This unit is leaking from the centre join that joins the 2 halfs together, under boost it makes an MESS.
    hopefully i can get new blower sent out then i can take my car to simpson as they are a 3 hour drive from my home, which means they diagnose the same as me then my caris stuck at the tuner for a good while waiting for the new blower increasing its chances of being damaged.
    according to roman this is the first failure of this blower during them selling it....
    Guess im just unlucky.
    It happens sometimes, even Vortech isn't perfect.

Should be under warranty though that Vortech will honor I would think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about your problem. Have you talked to ESS? I'm shure they'll help you out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ESS were great, and have sent out a replacement unit, Ess have always been brilliant were customer service is concerned... and i know for a fact this time is no different, these things happen i guess, its just a PITA as my tuner is HOURS from where i live so it means a long day outa work, either way ESS have sent me a brand new blower and offered to cover all costs involved.... cant say fairer than that.

byron

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow, thats awesome to hear you are being taken care of. Sounds like you made the right choice in going ESS to me, hope you dont run into too much trouble with your new s/c.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nice, hope it will wont happen again...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by beedub Click here to enlarge
    ESS were great, and have sent out a replacement unit, Ess have always been brilliant were customer service is concerned... and i know for a fact this time is no different, these things happen i guess, its just a PITA as my tuner is HOURS from where i live so it means a long day outa work, either way ESS have sent me a brand new blower and offered to cover all costs involved.... cant say fairer than that.

byron
    Very happy to hear they took care of you.

ESS doesn't make the blowers, things happen sometimes. Very fair of them to handle all costs, shipping as well, they didn't have to.