Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My new custom 335i straight pipe exhaust!

Here is a link to my thread. Enjoy!
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532402

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Vader Click here to enlarge
    ****** UPDATED WITH PICTURES AND VIDEOS! *********

I Finally got my videos uploaded... the BEST video is still on the computer, I'll have to upload it on the weekend when I see my brother * his computer *
    You still get a great Idea though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rRMYPiii-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yqmSsxE_os

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKM1nvtpIeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPD2cCOH7Y

I wanted to start a new thread full of the information I gathered about straight piping and my progress!. I'm sure there are lots of other 335i owners who have similar questions or are thinking about taking the same approach.

1st off, I will have stock DP's. In order to go full straight pipe I would need to install Catless DP's * AR * is a very good branch and will cost you about 800 - 850 shipped. Tag on another 5 or 6 hours for install.

After the downpipes you have a mid pipe section with secondary cats * red arrows point to this in my picture * I'm going to be deleting the secondary cats with 2.5" stainless steel piping

After the secondary cats you have a big resinator! * red arrows point to this as well in my picture * I'm going to delete the resinator I'm going to be deleting this with 2.5" stainless steel piping as well.

Last but not least is the massive muffler * red arrows are pointing to this in the below pictures * I'm going to delete the mufflers with 2.5" stainless steel piping. I'm finishing it off with two 4.5" Black Chrome tips! the shop just got black chrome and it looks gorgeous! It will truly finish off my ride giving it that blacked out look!

Deleting the secondary cats, resinator, muffler will make my car loud as F(((*(#*(#*$(#(*.
    You either LOVE the sound, or hate it.. I will post video clips so you know what to expect this weekend.

The shop I'm using charges 120 per hour, shops will definitely vary to adjust cost accordingly

The whole process will cost the following

4 hours of labour - $450.00
    10 feet of stainless steel piping - $250.00
    Two 4.5" black chrome tips - $90 each

All together it will be about $880.00 Much cheaper then 2K+ for after market exhausts.

Here are the pictures!

Car will be at the shop over night, I get to pick her up tomorrow after work at 6pm!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________

Just picked my vehicle up from the muffler shop tonight! I have to say, the fellow did an incredible job! Welding looks superb and the over all exhaust was very well done.

Total cost was 1,014 all in
    13 feet of stainless steel piping
    5 hours of labour
    Black chrome tips.

Vehicle sounds better then I could of ever imagined!!
    at low RPM / Idol the car sounds like pure sex, it DOES NOT sound like a blabmg blambgh blambgh straight pipe truck like some of the other videos show, it sounds much different then the HFP exhaust at low idol even!

Must be due to the fact that I have no x-pipe, each pipe is independent from the turbo back, or possibly the fact I still have my stock DP and stock 1st Cats.

Either way it sounds amazing. At WOT it is incredible!! Super crisp, just like a race car sounds.... Unbelievable to be honest.

Driving at 2K rpm the car does not shake... does not rattle... in fact somehow the drone is almost non existent! It may be the welding job, may be having no x pipes, may be having a stock dp, I don't know... All of the horror stories I hear about drone / vibrating car was false! I had a 1996 prelude with an Apexi type muffler, that car droned like f*@*@(@*@( crazy. This 335i however just has a nice low rumble when cruising.

All in all it is incredible, I'm very happy!

I'll update with videos in a few days.

New pics of the finished product are below

enjoy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice sound, next time at least copy and paste the post not just the link. And please remove the tail light tints, your call will look much cleaner with the red.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't have the pictures on this computer to upload everything again.
    I will next time for sure!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't have the pictures on this computer to upload everything again.
    I will next time for sure!
    No problem, just a little more effort to make it look appealing Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I told Vader that Bimmerboost is less sensitive to cross-forum linking than vice versa..

Weather permitting, I will be helping him produce an all-in-one video for his new set up .. BB will be the first place to get it.

Vader, keep us up to date with any performance issues you have with the straight pipe setup, and also if the car adapts well. Click here to enlarge

How are you finding the oversize exhaust tips? Are they heating up the bumper surrounding it?
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    I told Vader that Bimmerboost is less sensitive to cross-forum linking than vice versa..

Weather permitting, I will be helping him produce an all-in-one video for his new set up .. BB will be the first place to get it.

Vader, keep us up to date with any performance issues you have with the straight pipe setup, and also if the car adapts well. Click here to enlarge

How are you finding the oversize exhaust tips? Are they heating up the bumper surrounding it?
    sweet bro! keep the newcomers coming!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the link, but like aforementioned, a full post would be great for those of us not allowed on nazi-post. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the link, but like aforementioned, a full post would be great for those of us not allowed on nazi-post. Click here to enlarge
    I Lol'd Amen brother. Thank god they leave the GTI kid alone. But i never said anything to be banned Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    I'm under a new IP now,so I can see the OP ( which is great! nice job! ) but reading from that site is a shame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As I mentioned before BigUP, My turbos don't spool as hard below 3K rpm.. However, because of that I am also getting MUCH better gas mileage, Right away I was noticing if I stayed consistent with my driving I would get potentially another 50 - 100K out of my tank!
    Better gas mileage, more drivability as the boost doesn't kick in so quickly down low with light throttle preasure, higher top end! Last night when I was with my brother driving along a back road it was the first time I hit 220! Gave it juice and it kept hauling without slowing down from 180 - 220... Seemed quicker then before with just myself in the car!

I'll make sure I get some pictures up in this thread today or tomorrow, currently you'll have to click the link to see the pics * My apologies on that one guys *..
    I'm very happy, I definitely will get some better videos as well.. Brothers camera was HD, still don't think it picked up sound the true sound quality all that well though..

BigUP, I know you have some things in mind for footage! I want to do a drive off as well, I have one video where I spin the tires and take off down a long straight away but I have not had a chance to upload that yet! Hoping I'll get it done today.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The weather is looking a bit better for the weekend now, so we might be OK. I made up a in-car camera mount out of an old telescope tripod last week .. but I need to fine tune it a bit to remove the vibration. I wish I had an outside mount, that would be perfect for exhaust footage!

I forgot to tell you that many users here were banned from E90Post .. normally for no good reason, or by questioning Vishnu products. Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    nice sound, next time at least copy and paste the post not just the link.
    Exactly, at the bare minimum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, at the bare minimum.
    I copied it from his original post at the other site so those of us without access can see. It does sound mean, but videos never do exausts justice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a new video made today of Vader's exhaust, I hope to have it ready for upload tonight. It sounds much meaner in person than on camera. At WOT, it almost sounds like a Lambo ... LOL. Kind of like a punch in the chest type sound.

The quality of install looks fantastic too..
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It sounds incredible! I like how you say it sounds like a lambo! Honestly, it absolutely does!! We had fun today BigUp!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It sounds incredible! I like how you say it sounds like a lambo! Honestly, it absolutely does!! We had fun today BigUp!!!
    Certainly was fun .. at least until my HPFP re-affirmed it's terminal illness Click here to enlarge .. Dealership for me on tuesday .. hopefully they will fix same day. I have a trip to Edmonton I'll have to postpone ..

I went back on Stoney again later, I had to go to Sandstone to get my daughter from the inlaws. I had a G37 come flying up behind me tailgating, so I dropped a few gears and pulled about 10 bus lengths (actually more like jumbo-jet lengths) before I went back into limp mode.. fortunately he'd already got the message. I was trying desperately to clear the code while driving in case he wanted some more.. LOL. Not ideal at all.

Didn't quite finish the video .. more work than I thought. I'll stick with it tomorrow AM, and get something up.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vader's car -- Cobb 93 tube / AFE / Stock DP / Straight pipes from DP back.

Idle - standing launch - casual driving - highway pulls

~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    get some catless downpipes if you want it to sound even more sexual
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice sounding set up. Welcome to BB.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Catless DP's will give me rasp and drone... Only issue with getting those. I want to get catless dp's and FMIC so I can run stage 2 next summer, as well as a tial BOV and Charge pipe to run boost more efficiently.

The reason my exhaust sounds SO good in person is its as loud as HPF but has no rasp and sounds super crisp like a true supercar. I may have to get an aftermarket muffler like Remus or another race muffler, just to give it enough sound control to keep the rasp down. Not sure how to tackle that yet..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is the newest video!

------>

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    save up and get AR resonated dps Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    save up and get AR resonated dps Click here to enlarge
    Yep, agree with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, agree with that.
    found an e90 and a e92 i need to go look at this weekend... already have my next set of mods figured out Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your saying AR Resonated DP's will come out sounding better then AR Catless? Issue remains, will the AR Resonated be more restrictive then the catless.
    I'll be keeping my incredible no rasp sound with the resonated, but then I will lose out on free flow..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast