Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Lift heavier and less reps. I lift to 8 reps. Once I can't get a full 8, I will lower the weight and do 3 sets to 8.

Supplements are key. Everyone will tell you that. But, the supplements you should use depend on your goals. Right now I'm using 3 different proteins, a preworkout nitrous oxide/creatine supplement, a fat burning supplement, and multivitamin

In the morning, I mix a scoop of unflavored Muscle Gauge whey into a homemade smoothie. Only 100 calories, 2g fat, 5g carbs and 20g protein.
    In the afternoon, I drink a Dymatize ISO-100 shake. 106 calories, no fat, no carbs and 25g protein.
    Before the gym, I drink 1/4th serving (I take the rest after) Cytosport Monster Mass shake. 640 calories, 17g fat, 71g carbs and 50g protein.

2 scoops of Jack3d before the gym.

MRM CLA 1250 before each meal.

Optimum Nutrition Opti-men multivitamin.

5 days a week here. 5'10" 176 lbs. ~10% body fat (trying to bulk to 185 and then cut down to a lean 180).
    This is the type of thing I was looking for, thanks.

What is Jack3d and MRM CLA 1250? Going to look up on Google now.

I'll move to 8 reps with more weight and see how that goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    asdfadsf, I feel like a fatass. I guess I need to clean up the diet, and step up the weights....I try to workout atleast 2-3 times a week. At home though, I should really join the gym. Just a hassle at times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i do Crossfit 4-5 times a week..

Ive really taking a liking to Olympic lifts.. i can currently put 235lbs over my head @ 165lbs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    i do Crossfit 4-5 times a week..

Ive really taking a liking to Olympic lifts.. i can currently put 235lbs over my head @ 165lbs Click here to enlarge
    Crossfit is the devil.
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not a CrossFit supporter either. The Army stopped paying for commands to start CrossFit programs due to severe injuries and death (rhabdomyoloysis, etc). People really need to understand what they are getting into and where they are at physically before they start the program imho
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I'm not a CrossFit supporter either. The Army stopped paying for commands to start CrossFit programs due to severe injuries and death (rhabdomyoloysis, etc). People really need to understand what they are getting into and where they are at physically before they start the program imho
    Agreed it's not for everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is the type of thing I was looking for, thanks.

What is Jack3d and MRM CLA 1250? Going to look up on Google now.

I'll move to 8 reps with more weight and see how that goes.
    Jack3d is a preworkout nitric oxide based supplement with creatine monohydride. In short, it opens up the blood flow and allows for water to saturate your muscles.

CLA is a fat burning aid. Burning fat helps to build muscle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't support crossfit either. It's a $#@!ing cult. IMO, P90X is a much better program.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I sense some superiority complexes and feel like this thread is a way for some to get recognition while also criticizing others. I was going to post up some diet and workout info as well as some pics but at this point, I really could care less...
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    I sense some superiority complexes and feel like this thread is a way for some to get recognition while also criticizing others. I was going to post up some diet and workout info as well as some pics but at this point, I really could care less...
    Nobody is discouraging you from posting anything. I welcome anything you have to contribute. This is a discussion forum. Part of a discussion is a difference of opinion. Some of us just have negative opinions on crossfit. If you can't handle that, maybe this thread is not for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Itallion don't take any of this personal many people are goofing here including me =D i always tend to hate on people with more mass than me =D so please post up your workout schedule.

well Jack3d is good stuff but the company lied to many people with the fals advertising which got them banned from bodybuilding.com but that still does not take away how great jacked is, i take 3 scoops of it and i start itching under the skin and ready to do anything! as for it being a good Nitric Oxide supplement i wouldn't say so, i had great gain from N02 and now i got Hemavol tested it yestarday and got a pretty good pump but for a person thats been using Nitric Oxide products for a while many of them wear off so i most likely will be stacking it with something else. Also i wouldn't recommend fat loss pills unless you are really fat =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Itallion don't take any of this personal many people are goofing here including me =D i always tend to hate on people with more mass than me =D so please post up your workout schedule.

well Jack3d is good stuff but the company lied to many people with the fals advertising which got them banned from bodybuilding.com but that still does not take away how great jacked is, i take 3 scoops of it and i start itching under the skin and ready to do anything! as for it being a good Nitric Oxide supplement i wouldn't say so, i had great gain from N02 and now i got Hemavol tested it yestarday and got a pretty good pump but for a person thats been using Nitric Oxide products for a while many of them wear off so i most likely will be stacking it with something else. Also i wouldn't recommend fat loss pills unless you are really fat =D
    USP Labs is not banned from bb.com. Many people on bb.com get USP Labs products including OEP, which I have taken as well. My girlfriend has taken it for almost a year and loves it.

Also, CLA is not a fat loss pill. CLA is conjugated lineolic acid and is naturally found in many meat and dairy foods we eat, but not in large enough concentrated amount to aid in the burning of stored fat, resulting in a decrease in the body's fat mass. As a matter of fact, it's not recommended to take CLA if you're overweight as it affects insulin production in overweight people and could result in diabetes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    USP Labs is not banned from bb.com. Many people on bb.com get USP Labs products including OEP, which I have taken as well. My girlfriend has taken it for almost a year and loves it.

Also, CLA is not a fat loss pill. CLA is conjugated lineolic acid and is naturally found in many meat and dairy foods we eat, but not in large enough concentrated amount to aid in the burning of stored fat, resulting in a decrease in the body's fat mass. As a matter of fact, it's not recommended to take CLA if you're overweight as it affects insulin production in overweight people and could result in diabetes.
    Their products are not banned but the Company is banned, thx for clarifying on CLA, but i was speaking about fat loss pills in general.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Their products are not banned but the Company is banned, thx for clarifying on CLA, but i was speaking about fat loss pills in general.
    How is USP Labs banned if bb.com sells its products? That's very contradictory. In fact, bodybuilding.com handed out 4 awards to USP Labs just recently for 2010:

Best Energy Supplement - Jack3d
    Best Fat Loss Supplement- OxyELITE Pro
    Best Pre Workout - Jack3d
    Breakout Brand - USPlabs

You might be confusing USP Labs with another company.
    Last edited by Yomama69; 05-19-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Yomama its creatine monohydrate, not creatine monohydride....second off, it doesnt allow for water to saturate your muscles, thats just one of the associated affects of taking creatine. Upon other things, creatine replenishes ATP by donating phosphate groups to aid in the phosphorylation of ADP into ATP - it does have an associated volumizing effect (an increase in the amount of water that enters the cells as well), but the pupose of creatine isnt to "allow more water in to saturate your muscles." And supplements arent key, they are called supplements for a reason -> You are what you eat, and your diet is key....supplements wont do $#@! for you if your diet is not on point.

Sticky, if you want advice go on BodyBuilding.com, lots of info there..........I'm with ItalianStallion on this one and sit this one out and laugh at some of the comments

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    And supplements arent key, they are called supplements for a reason -> You are what you eat, and your diet is key....supplements wont do $#@! for you if your diet is not on point.
    You can have a great diet, but you're going to plateau without supplements and I'm sure you'll agree to that. My comment was also based on the supposition that someone serious about lifting is going to have an appropriate diet. I know sticky is not going to eat all saturated fast food and hit the gym thinking supplements are going to do all the work.

Thanks for the further explanation on creatine. I'm no biochemist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, I thought the thread was really positive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can have a great diet, but you're going to plateau without supplements and I'm sure you'll agree to that. My comment was also based on the supposition that someone serious about lifting is going to have an appropriate diet. I know sticky is not going to eat all saturated fast food and hit the gym thinking supplements are going to do all the work.

Thanks for the further explanation on creatine. I'm no biochemist.
    I think you are right in that people are not expecting any supplements to do all their work for them. The main thing is putting in the effort and regulating diet. The questions were how to get the most out of ones workout.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not a gym guy, but i workout on my own.
    i think best exercise is running, i run for half an hour before breakfast, another half an hour before going to bed.
    swimming helps so much too, it shapes every single muscle, if I had more free time i would swim everyday, but the damn business comes don't allow me.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Well,I used to work out a lil bit&know a few things about dieting,nothing serious thoughClick here to enlarge

Attachment 7535

Attachment 7536
    I usually just run&hide when the $#@! goes down cause im old now
    Run&hide, huh ? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think you are right in that people are not expecting any supplements to do all their work for them. The main thing is putting in the effort and regulating diet. The questions were how to get the most out of ones workout.
    And, in my opinion, the right supplements are the key to getting the most out of the workout. An identical workout sans supplements will not yield the same results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i havent been on BB in over a year, but screenname is the same Click here to enlarge

-basically stopped posting right before i made transformation of the week Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Yomama its creatine monohydrate, not creatine monohydride....second off, it doesnt allow for water to saturate your muscles, thats just one of the associated affects of taking creatine. Upon other things, creatine replenishes ATP by donating phosphate groups to aid in the phosphorylation of ADP into ATP - it does have an associated volumizing effect (an increase in the amount of water that enters the cells as well), but the pupose of creatine isnt to "allow more water in to saturate your muscles." And supplements arent key, they are called supplements for a reason -> You are what you eat, and your diet is key....supplements wont do $#@! for you if your diet is not on point.

Sticky, if you want advice go on BodyBuilding.com, lots of info there..........I'm with ItalianStallion on this one and sit this one out and laugh at some of the comments
    everyone has their own way of working out and dieting thats why we can have our own Bodybuilding thread just to share on here, as to saying supplements won't do $#@! you are wrong, if you want to work our harder and get faster results you need to supplement. Obviously if you just take them and now work out you wont see anything.

ow is USP Labs banned if bb.com sells its products? That's very contradictory. In fact, bodybuilding.com handed out 4 awards to USP Labs just recently for 2010:

Best Energy Supplement - Jack3d
    Best Fat Loss Supplement- OxyELITE Pro
    Best Pre Workout - Jack3d
    Breakout Brand - USPlabs

You might be confusing USP Labs with another company.
    They are banned as a company from posting on forums because of the fake accounts made hyping products every time they release a new product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    everyone has their own way of working out and dieting thats why we can have our own Bodybuilding thread just to share on here, as to saying supplements won't do $#@! you are wrong, if you want to work our harder and get faster results you need to supplement. Obviously if you just take them and now work out you wont see anything.

They are banned as a company from posting on forums because of the fake accounts made hyping products every time they release a new product.
    I never said supplements dont do $#@!. I said without a proper diet they wont do $#@! - but with a proper diet they can most definetely enhance your workouts. I said supplements shouldnt be the most important part of your program (the actual workouts themselves and dieting are both more important than the supplements you take).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never said supplements dont do $#@!. I said without a proper diet they wont do $#@! - but with a proper diet they can most definetely enhance your workouts. I said supplements shouldnt be the most important part of your program (the actual workouts themselves and dieting are both more important than the supplements you take).
    Agreed sorry didn't understand the 1st time, i started supplementation only after i noticed my body was giving up faster than before.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^+1, the creatine/no2 really does help.....if I dont take no-explode before lifting (part of it is mental too, but it does work) I fatigue alot quicker and dont have the mentality to do as much weight

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast