Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

12.4 from the N55

Hey guys,

Had a great time at the track last night with some of our local enthusiasts. I was hoping to capture the N55 record but came up a little short. Next time. Click here to enlarge

Mods are JB Stage1 (running +5.5psi), AR 4" downpipe, 91 octane + a can of octane boost. Ran my daily driver setup (Nitto 555Rs / 245/17") and removed the passenger seat to simulate a 150# driver. DA was around 1500-2000' most of the night.

Best in that trim was 12.42@112.9, 2.0 60'.

Encouraged I raised the boost up to +6.5psi and mixed in some race gas. But had all sorts of launching problems. First really bad wheel hop, then really bad wheel spin, then launch mode would not engage. I probably aborted 10 runs. Pathetic.

Finally did a couple runs with launch control off and spun to a best of 12.62@115.80. The MPH is pretty respectable for the mods/track. ET needs work though. Next time I'll bring the drag slicks.

Props to Warren and Craig who both ran personal bests! JB represented! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice work T man
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Finally did a couple runs with launch control off and spun to a best of 12.62@115.80. The MPH is pretty respectable for the mods/track. ET needs work though. Next time I'll bring the drag slicks.
    With launch control off or traction control off you mean?

What was your launch technique?

If you want the record you should use the AR Design line lock + launch control. Seriously, just tell me when you go to the track and I'll show you what I mean. I have more passes with the DCT than anyone I think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Pump using LC, race gas with it off. Maybe a line lock would help. Sort of too lazy to install one though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Pump using LC, race gas with it off. Maybe a line lock would help. Sort of too lazy to install one though.
    Terry, for $#@!s sake, if you are going to the track you are going there to get the best run you can and in your case to promote your product. Line lock or even not a line lock, drag radials at the minimum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

2.0 and 2.2 60 foots will get you a trap but you will find with the DCT with a good 60 foot your traps might even go up... oh, and a nice ET to boot.

That car should be capable of 11.9.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That car should be capable of 11.9.
    EASY!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

what mods other than chip?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    what mods other than chip?
    Mods are JB Stage1 (running +5.5psi), AR 4" downpipe, 91 octane + a can of octane boost. Ran my daily driver setup (Nitto 555Rs / 245/17") and removed the passenger seat to simulate a 150# driver. DA was around 1500-2000' most of the night.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Do M3 subframe bushings Terry...they will help immensely with the wheelhop issue..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Do M3 subframe bushings Terry...they will help immensely with the wheelhop issue..
    Just out of curiosity, what suspension upgrades would you suggest for someone wanting to maximize their drag strip setup? E92 M3 in particular.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Well you already have all the goodies. We take your stuff and put it in our cars to make it better as the regular 3-series gets stamped steel arms, mushy bushings, etc. The M3 already has all heim joint, solid aluminum arms, and solid rubber subframe bushings.

I would say if a set of DSS axles could be made, then get those. Oh and somehow reinforce that ear on the diff cover...my friend showed me a few of them at the dealer that snapped off from kids trying to launch the car, and spitting the rear out of the car instead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Oh and somehow reinforce that ear on the diff cover...my friend showed me a few of them at the dealer that snapped off from kids trying to launch the car, and spitting the rear out of the car instead.
    How would this be done?

I would say if a set of DSS axles could be made, then get those.
    Gotcha, then the rear end should be good for massive launches and power I take it?

Well you already have all the goodies. We take your stuff and put it in our cars to make it better as the regular 3-series gets stamped steel arms, mushy bushings, etc. The M3 already has all heim joint, solid aluminum arms, and solid rubber subframe bushings.
    SSP was telling me they were amazed at how beefy the E92 M3 rear end is.

Also, Matt, do you know how to do a driveshaft loop on these? It's pretty simple right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Might be a good idea. I have those end links in our N54 as well I may do. The problem with all this is that I tend to be a minimalist. The fewer mods the better as far as I'm concerned. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Hey guys,

Had a great time at the track last night with some of our local enthusiasts. I was hoping to capture the N55 record but came up a little short. Next time. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Best in that trim was 12.42@112.9, 2.0 60'.

Encouraged I raised the boost up to +6.5psi and mixed in some race gas. But had all sorts of launching problems. First really bad wheel hop, then really bad wheel spin, then launch mode would not engage. I probably aborted 10 runs. Pathetic.

Props to Warren and Craig who both ran personal bests! JB represented! http://www.n54tech.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Click here to enlarge
    Added to 1/4 mile list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Might be a good idea. I have those end links in our N54 as well I may do. The problem with all this is that I tend to be a minimalist. The fewer mods the better as far as I'm concerned. Click here to enlarge
    ship your car to me and i'll do it for free LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Just now seeing this.. Good freakin job! the N55 is showing to be rather strong even inthe early stages