Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    The backstory is:
    For some time, Terry has been regularly touting that the jb3 outsells our Procede 3:1. To verify, one of his customer started a thread on e90post asking what tune everyone had. And after a few hours, the Procede had nearly three times as many votes as all the jb tunes put together. I commented suggesting this is what I expected. This infuriated Terry who is still pestering me to do a mutual audit so he can rightfully claim the apparantly much sought-after title of the worlds most popular n54 tuner. I can't make this stuff up.

Shiv
    Shiv,

More of your nonsense. I'm pestering you with this because YOU claimed to be the most widely used n54 tuner (see quote in first post lest you've already forgetten about that). Something we both know isn't true. In fact after some research I'm not sure you're the 2nd most popular tuner either.

I still don't understand your objection to an independent audit... Unless there is something you'd like to tell us?

T

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Shiv,

More of your nonsense. I'm pestering you with this because YOU claimed to be the most widely used n54 tuner (see quote in first post lest you've already forgetten about that). Something we both know isn't true. In fact after some research I'm not sure you're the 2nd most popular tuner either.

I still don't understand your objection to an independent audit... Unless there is something you'd like to tell us?

T
    By your own admission in post #1 in this insane thread, you got offended by post #28 (and possibly #29) in this thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=369698&page=2

Which is a silly poll thread asking for what tune people are running. So you weren't offended by the actual poll results. But rather my comment saying that the poll results were expected? You're strange.

You need to stop being such a baby and get on with your life.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By your own admission, you got offended by post #28 (and possibly #29) in this thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=369698&page=2

Which is a silly poll thread asking for what tune people are running. So you weren't offended by the actual poll results. But rather my comment saying that the poll results were expected? You're strange.

You need to stop being such a baby and get on with your life.

Shiv
    Hi Shiv,

The results of your customers poll is of no concern to me. If we were to make a poll on our forum we'd probably get 10:1 in favor of our products. Not exactly scientific right?

You're skirting the issue: You've made a sales claim and its reasonable for us to request a break down and for you to allow that claim to be audited. Which you strangely refuse to do. We both know why so why don't you just come out and say it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hi Shiv,

The results of your customers poll is of no concern to me. If we were to make a poll on our forum we'd probably get 10:1 in favor of our products. Not exactly scientific right?

You're skirting the issue: You've made a sales claim and its reasonable for us to request a break down and for you to allow that claim to be audited. Which you strangely refuse to do. We both know why so why don't you just come out and say it?
    Terry,
    Knowing this this bothers you at such a emotional level, I've already conceded all titles and crowns to you (see page 1 of this thread). Heck, I'll even look on craigslist for a throne that you can sit on. I'll try to make it collapsable so you can take it with you to Red Robin. What more do you want? Do you want a hug? Or a bed time story? Or the assurance that everything will be ok? Just ask for it and I'll try to make it happen.

Or we can do something productive and actually talk about something product/tuning related. Maybe a one-on-one chat about timing control that everyone can read. Since it still seems to be a subject of confusion. Just throwing it out there Terry.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry,
    Knowing this this bothers you at such a emotional level, I've already conceded all titles and crowns to you (see page 1 of this thread). Heck, I'll even look on craigslist for a throne that you can sit on. I'll try to make it collapsable so you can take it with you to Red Robin. What more do you want? Do you want a hug? Or a bed time story? Or the assurance that everything will be ok? Just ask for it and I'll try to make it happen.

Or we can do something productive and actually talk about something product/tuning related. Maybe a one-on-one chat about timing control that everyone can read. Since it still seems to be a subject of confusion. Just throwing it out there Terry.

Shiv
    Actually establishing units in use, and for how long, is very productive. We already know we're not going to agree on timing. But if there are say 5x as many customers using our method without issue as there are using your method without issue, that's pretty significant to the discussion don't you think?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Actually establishing units in use, and for how long, is very productive. We already know we're not going to agree on timing. But if there are say 5x as many customers using our method without issue as there are using your method without issue, that's pretty significant to the discussion don't you think?
    In Terry land, that logic must makes sense. So that's a no to the chat, right?

Sticky- Do you think you could start another poll thread asking who wants to see a 1-on-1 discussion of timing control? Don't think that would be more interesting to current and potential customers than what you are proposing (an audit-off).

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Sticky- Do you think you could start another poll thread asking who wants to see a 1-on-1 discussion of timing control? Don't think that would be more interesting to current and potential customers than what you are proposing (an audit-off).

Shiv
    Shiv,

We chatted on the subject last week on this very forum?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Oh I'm talking about a chat using the chat feature. Something that can be concluded quickly without off topic diversions. I was chatting with a few people last night and this was suggested. Basically a point to point on-topic discussion where only you and I are talking. Then at the end, opening ourselves up to questions from forum members. The transcript can then be saved for future reference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let's do the audit first and then we can chat about the results? Click here to enlarge

On timing always happy to discuss the topic with you. Added another post to your nitrous thread where you, Adrian, and I have been discussing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Terry,
    what's the point of the audit if I've already conceded? Can we just move on to something useful?
    Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry,
    what's the point of the audit if I've already conceded? Can we just move on to something useful?
    Shiv
    I suppose we can leave it at that. Actually have a lot of testing to do on our new "traction assist" feature this weekend. Starting with swapping runflats back on.

PS. Also finally got around to setting us up with the Dimsport package. The timing mapping and set response to feedback is very interesting. May make a good conversation in itself some day, and nicely quantifies why CPS isn't having the benefit you've seen in older Subu applications.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-03-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

By "useful", I was referring to a public 1 on 1 chat on topics of interest/confusion. And then a customer Q&A. Are you willing to do this? At your convenience of course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The backstory is:
    For some time, Terry has been regularly touting that the jb3 outsells our Procede 3:1. To verify, one of his customer started a thread on e90post asking what tune everyone had. And after a few hours, the Procede had nearly three times as many votes as all the jb tunes put together. I commented suggesting this is what I expected. This infuriated Terry who is still pestering me to do a mutual audit so he can rightfully claim the apparantly much sought-after title of the worlds most popular n54 tuner. I can't make this stuff up.

Shiv
    How is an informal poll on a site with a personal vendetta against Terry where mods/admins can alter the poll at will evidence of anything? Come on Shiv, you have made some good points but this is a stretch and hardly support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Shiv
    I'm not the one proposing an audit off. I understand what you meant but it was phrased with me as the subject.

The technical aspects are always far more interesting and constructive but it seems Terry wants to establish he outsells you, I won't stand in his way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I suppose we can leave it at that. Actually have a lot of testing to do on our new "traction assist" feature this weekend. Starting with swapping runflats back on.

PS. Also finally got around to setting us up with the Dimsport package. The timing mapping and set response to feedback is very interesting. May make a good conversation in itself some day, and nicely quantifies why CPS isn't having the benefit you've seen in older Subu applications.
    That sounds very interesting. Would love to hear about tthat in the next few weeks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don’t think this has any relevance, if the most popular tune was to stick potatoes in your tail pipes would that be legitimate?
    The issue here for me is that Terry makes a cheaper product, that is constantly innovated for free, has many options like dp fix, sld, and pnp which you can buy at your connivance so you don’t get what you don’t need.
    My biggest sell on terry was when ever I needed customer support he is there always, he treats me as a friend and from what I see genuinely cares about my issues as if it were his own car. He has no vested interest in doing this other than being a great person because I bought my tune USED. That speaks for it self and I won’t let anyone tell me other wise.
    Also as far as the procede's claim to it being safer, I am not an engineer but I am aware that there have been no catastrophic failures on the jb3 and that is good enough for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onefastman Click here to enlarge
    I don’t think this has any relevance, if the most popular tune was to stick potatoes in your tail pipes would that be legitimate?
    The issue here for me is that Terry makes a cheaper product, that is constantly innovated for free, has many options like dp fix, sld, and pnp which you can buy at your connivance so you don’t get what you don’t need.
    My biggest sell on terry was when ever I needed customer support he is there always, he treats me as a friend and from what I see genuinely cares about my issues as if it were his own car. He has no vested interest in doing this other than being a great person because I bought my tune USED. That speaks for it self and I won’t let anyone tell me other wise.
    Also as far as the procede's claim to it being safer, I am not an engineer but I am aware that there have been no catastrophic failures on the jb3 and that is good enough for me.
    These are very valid points, correct, and far more important than the popularity contest. Terry does offer great support and responds to e-mails and posts almost as fast as I do Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

This thread is full of FAIL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is full of FAIL.
    And a misfire or two.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And a misfire or two.
    LOL oh god

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't forget a bog here and there.Click here to enlarge <---typical face incase i get called out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm ... I was curious, popularity may not be only in the number of units ... popularity may be fame as well.

So if that was the metric, then I would say that Dinan is #1 (based on google keywords - guess they bought a few) and then whoever has more magazine coverage ... I do remember seeing Vishnu products in magazine reviews a LONG, LONG time ago.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The claim I made was a joke pointing to the comparitive sales claims you make on a neat daily basis as of late. Which is silly because you have no record of what we sell, how much we sell and to whom we sell. So making claims of being the most popular or (in)famous tuner is self-gratifying and has no benefit to anyone/anything else other than your ego. But if that is your thing, go for it. Just do it in private. Or maybe with a few of your customers who are also into it. Please don't send me any pictures. Or bother inviting me. I have more productive things to do.

But I'll give you this... You really are impressing a lot of people with this one.

Much Respect,
    shiv
    lol..a joke, right...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive been missing out on all the fun!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No