Close

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

British woman beheaded in Tenerife supermarket

Click here to enlarge

A man has killed and beheaded a British woman in a supermarket on the Spanish island of Tenerife.

The suspect, a 28-year-old unemployed Bulgarian man, attacked the unnamed 60-year-old woman with a knife and then fled into the street with the severed head in his hands, according to eyewitnesses.

Colin Kirby, a reporter for Tenerife Magazine, explained what he had seen as he walked past the shop, in Los Cristianos, Arona, which is situated on the southern point of the island at around 10.30 am.

He said he had spoken to an English couple who were in the shop at around 10.30am when the incident happened.

"They said this guy just walked in, pulled a big knife and started stabbing at her."

He added: "I didn't see the attack but I saw the guy. I was walking past the commercial centre and I saw a small group of people outside. There was a guy from the medical centre going down the ramp and I thought perhaps someone had fainted.

"I heard people shouting and screaming and making a commotion. A Hispanic looking guy, very scruffy, was walking behind me muttering to himself, carrying what I thought was a joke head by the hair, with blood.

"It made me think of Clash of The Titans, gorgons. I thought … it's a joke'. The man was in his late 20s … He was a bit dishevelled, unwashed, he was wearing a jumper and trousers, when everyone else is wearing shorts. Even at 10.30 in the morning, it's boiling."

Kirby said that the man ran off as security guards and others chased after him.

"Security guards rushed from the shop where he'd been, chased him across the road and by this time he was pinned to the floor. By this time he was empty-handed and was on the other side of the road."

"The security and the police had to hold people off – they were queueing up – they were trying basically to kick the hell out of the guy."

Los Cristianos has a large expat British community.

A witness told the radio broadcaster Cadena Ser that he saw the man drop the head on the pavement after coming out of the shop.

"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him. He threw it to the ground. It almost hit me.

"What he had been carrying was a woman's head."

Araceli Perez, 33, who works for Ocean Properties, said the victim was British but of Chinese ancestry. "[The killer] was running away with her head in his hands," she said. Tenerife media were saying the killer had previous convictions for violence, she added.

The Foreign Office said that not all the woman's family had been informed and they could not comment other than to confirm that she had died. "We are aware that a British national has died in Tenerife," it said.

José Alberto González, the mayor, said the attack did not appear to be premeditated and had been recorded on the supermarket's security cameras. A regional interior ministry delegate, Dominica Fernández, said the suspect was believed to have entered the shop and stolen a knife, which he then used to behead the woman. The attack appeared to be random.

Police are investigating to see if the victim and the killer knew one another.

source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ermarket-spain

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wtf? WTF??!?!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Apparently: Saudi Arabia's plans to behead woman accused of being a witch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Apparently: Saudi Arabia's plans to behead woman accused of being a witch
    Would someone please give those backwards idiots a copy of Monty Python and the quest for the holy grail?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that kid grant must of fled to europe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    HOLY $#@!!!! That's so sick. I feel so sorry for the family of this woman. RIP. WTF is this world coming to? Wickedness man, just wickedness, $#@!ing so many demons runnig around......

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    world is ugly!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What is wrong with people these days, everyone seems to be losing it. looks like I'll have to take matters into m own hands.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    What is wrong with people these days, everyone seems to be losing it. looks like I'll have to take matters into m own hands.
    Everyone from every generation in history claims "people are losing it these days" when in fact people have not changed at all. We just know more about things like this because of instant media and internet, 500 years ago all of this $#@! took place but no one knew about it because it took months to get messages around the globe, and most of the time messages weren't even sent unless something was threatening the lives of thousands of people not tens of people. People haven't changed man, this $#@! is regular and has been regular for as long as people could pick up tools.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Everyone from every generation in history claims "people are losing it these days" when in fact people have not changed at all. We just know more about things like this because of instant media and internet, 500 years ago all of this $#@! took place but no one knew about it because it took months to get messages around the globe, and most of the time messages weren't even sent unless something was threatening the lives of thousands of people not tens of people. People haven't changed man, this $#@! is regular and has been regular for as long as people could pick up tools.
    Very true, it likely was even worse back then as life had little value and few people would find out about abuse. People were more of a commodity and killed regularly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Getting beheaded at 60 isnt such a bad thing if you happened to live in europe in the 1400s.

During that time.

Choose one of the following.

die form the plague
    die from war
    die from starvation
    die from imprisonment and torture

all before the age of 40, so lets put things in perspective...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow .. would not expect such a thing in Tenerife .. then again, $#@! happens everywhere.

Nobody should die like that.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, but just because that used to happen does not mean it excuses what just took place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but just because that used to happen does not mean it excuses what just took place.
    of course not, but overall todays living standards are much higher, which is why this is such an anomaly.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He had time to grab and control the woman (who I assume was screaming and kicking every where) then completely cut off her head and no one tried to stop him??? Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! something like this happened in NY afew weeks ago. I guy nearly cut off his girl friends head. People thought they were having ruff sex.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This reminds me of the Canadian Greyhound Beheading, from a few years ago:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The murder of Tim McLean (October 3, 1985[1] – July 30, 2008) occurred on the evening of July 30, 2008. McLean, a 22-year-old Canadian man, was stabbed, beheaded and cannibalized while riding a Greyhound Canada bus about 18 miles (29 km) west of Portage La Prairie, Manitoba traveling the Trans Canada Highway. On March 5, 2009, McLean's killer, 40-year-old Vince Weiguang Li (simplified Chinese: 李伟光; traditional Chinese: 李偉光; pinyin: Lǐ Wěiguāng) (born April 30, 1968), was found to be not criminally responsible for the murder and was remanded to a high-security mental health facility where he remains to this day.[2]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

WTF. I mean seriously, WTF? In broad daylight, some random guy walks up to a 60 yr old and beheads her? WHAT THE $#@!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    WTF. I mean seriously, WTF? In broad daylight, some random guy walks up to a 60 yr old and beheads her? WHAT THE $#@!
    Yes I shocked it happened in a super market, and no 1 around to help
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes I shocked it happened in a super market, and no 1 around to help
    If I was walking and saw someone stabbing a helpless old woman, I would atleast try to kick the guy off or something....yes I know how the innocent bystanders get f*cked in the ass by the law at times...but sh!t man, I wouldn't let that happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I was walking and saw someone stabbing a helpless old woman, I would atleast try to kick the guy off or something....yes I know how the innocent bystanders get f*cked in the ass by the law at times...but sh!t man, I wouldn't let that happen.
    Guy has a knife you have nothing... might be different than you think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I highly doubt you will do anything in a situation like that. I'd be a little hesitant to try and walk up to a mentally insane person with a knife thats stabbing someone. Now if I happened to be carrying , I will make sure to shoot him in a manner that if I miss I will not hit someone behind him (the victim or bystanders). Aim at the gut from the side.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's hard to know how we'd act in such a situation.. we might get a big adrenaline boost, go all Chuck Norris, and save the day ... or we might just freeze in shock.

There is also a chance our heads could come detached too, if said Chuck Norris skills were inferior to the nutter's skills.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In a situation like that its very very hard to bring yourself to physically assault that dude. If I had my gun, of course I would use it; but hand to hand combat with a psychopath is probably the scariest $#@! ever.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys say you wouldn't do this or that, but I would FIND something if not find a bat. I have clubs in my car all the time, so something would help. Had he a gun, it would be a different story. I don't know if i would go alone, but grab me atleast a few people to help.

Yes, I know, I haven't been in that situation, but damn, its like that one video of that guy dying on the street in new york and people walking all over him, WTF?!