Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I understand it's crowded but some of you guys need to show more respect for the other people on the road. Don't want this to end badly or for an innocent person to get hurt. Try harder to find a spot with less traffic or run at later hours. The track is also a good place.
    This is the tri state area, I am not sure where you live at but it is packed up here. They ran 11 at night I think after hanging out at a car meet ,and meeting for the first time. What I am trying to say is so what the supra went by a few cars that's on him.

There is no track that is open at that time ,and the nearest track is almost a hour away. If you go to englishtown its packed with civics atco where Lost Marine runs is 2 hours away. That leaves Island dragway witch is the slowest track around here 515 feet above see level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Oldgixxer has a sick spot and its not crowded i dunno why they choose to run on those roads, anyways the supra boy called me a sucka so Stalion do me a favor $#@! on him =D don't wanna go http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...lundgren-1.jpg on his ass.
    That spot is a good most in this area but it is kind of out the way. Also that time that Oldgixxer and Nismo ran was a decent time, because that spot is hot I use to drive threw there daily years back working in the area.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1,Island is horrible.
    The area they ran in the vid is not *the best* place to go since its busy unless ur out there at 2am..but who am I to point a finger at anybodyClick here to enlarge
    My spot is a lil outta the way but that road runs all the way down to Edison&there are plenty of other places along that route to get a run off
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    You could always have wifey rock the GTR&you can ride shotgunClick here to enlarge

BTW-I had Nismo370tt convey to JoeSupra I would run him from the dig or from a roll for $$$,he declined to run for $dolli$ so I dunno if its worth it for me at this point..
    What kind of power is his supra making?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    people in-the-know have mentioned 700whp
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    people in-the-know have mentioned 700whp
    Hrmmy. What does the this other person on here with the GTR that may race him make?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Hrmmy. What does the this other person on here with the GTR that may race him make?
    That I do not know
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm referring to ItalianStallion's car the member here. Maybe he can Chime in?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes I understand who you're referring to but Im not at liberty to disclose that info,sorryClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes I understand who you're referring to but Im not at liberty to disclose that info,sorryClick here to enlarge
    Let's see if he will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't know about you guys but I'm not a fan of racing bikes vs. cars, just doesn't seem like a fair race at all.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I don't know about you guys but I'm not a fan of racing bikes vs. cars, just doesn't seem like a fair race at all.
    Yes unless you are making tons of power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its fun/fair if the cars put down over 800whp or so
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Simple solution for this, don't take the race...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its fun/fair if the cars put down over 800whp or so
    Not disputing the fun factor at all.......but it's still not fair even if a car has all that power cause you can mod bikes too. For that simple fact I don't count races with bikes, they're just labeled fun runs in my opinion.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not disputing the fun factor at all.......but it's still not fair even if a car has all that power cause you can mod bikes too. For that simple fact I don't count races with bikes, they're just labeled fun runs in my opinion.
    I agree. But there are "bragging rights" when you say that your car has beat a liter bike or hayabusa.

When I had my bike I never raced high speed with it at all (at speeds of 130+), or even now with my cars never race bikes. Not saying I was an angel at ALL (knock on wood I got away with some pretty stupid $#@!)..but idk its just that when your in a car at least you have a bumper in front of you, on a bike your body is the bumper. Falling at any speed on a bike is terrible, but all it takes is the slightest pothole/bump at those speeds to offset the balance of the bike (especially here in the tri-state area, since we have the GREATEST roads), or even worse having the front end get light over some rough terrain leaving you with a nasty tank slapper..........
    ........but you can look at it from the other side - the thrill you get banging through the gears on a bike is unparalleled Click here to enlarge

everything has a risk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    I'll definitely run him. Just have to name the terms and I'm down...

Sticky, I should lose to him because of his monster turbo and sickening horsepower...but on the streets there's a lot more to sheer power and this is what I'd be hoping would pull me through. We'll see. I definitely give him respect for having such a beast of a car. But I lost my license so for me to come out and run him, it has to be for some dough
    Lost your license? What happened?

Is racing for cash worth your car potentially getting impounded and who knows what happening to your chances of getting your license back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    This is the tri state area, I am not sure where you live at but it is packed up here. They ran 11 at night I think after hanging out at a car meet ,and meeting for the first time. What I am trying to say is so what the supra went by a few cars that's on him.

There is no track that is open at that time ,and the nearest track is almost a hour away. If you go to englishtown its packed with civics atco where Lost Marine runs is 2 hours away. That leaves Island dragway witch is the slowest track around here 515 feet above see level.
    I live in the rush hour traffic capital of the world yet I can still find empty stretches when necessary...

The runs were at 11 due to public roads. Obviously you don't run at 11 at a track unless it is a night rental.

You can also attend private rentals. Just saying there are options.

If the roads are packed at 11, run at 3-4 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you are making big power it's fair. You can race anything vs. anything. Bikes have terrible drag at higher speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Let's see if he will.
    Never threw it on a dyno so I don't have that information. Howevever, whatever numbers my car would put out, I can guarantee that it makes MUCH less than this Supra does. The GT-R's turbos are tiny and can only push out so much power. They do provide nice torque though and instant spool.

For high horsepower supras, vettes, vipers, lamborghinis, porsches, etc., it is fair. These cars have much greater aerodynamics and usually 3-5x+ the amount of power that the bikes have. Bikes are stupid fast, but the rider has to have the skills to lock the throttle and keep the front down. For very fast cars, they are good races. Unless the bike has a turbo lol, then it's game over.
    Lost your license? What happened?

Is racing for cash worth your car potentially getting impounded and who knows what happening to your chances of getting your license back?
    Suspended 'till August for speeding...
    And no, racing is definitely not worth it. But I'll still do it if the race is very big. If I get caught racing it's impound, jail, and revocation. If I get caught racing without a license it's the same consequences...but until I get the license back I am going to be very very selective about racing. I guess it just means I have to head out to Island Dragway now. Also...my wifey will race the car but I would rather her not for obvious reasons. She makes a good chauffer though! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You need to just let me drive the GTR&I will handle your racesClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You need to just let me drive the GTR&I will handle your racesClick here to enlarge
    Bro, every one of my friends have said the same thing LOL.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes,but not all of your friends are washed up,old,bald,hillbilly drag racers
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Never threw it on a dyno so I don't have that information. Howevever, whatever numbers my car would put out, I can guarantee that it makes MUCH less than this Supra does. The GT-R's turbos are tiny and can only push out so much power. They do provide nice torque though and instant spool.

For high horsepower supras, vettes, vipers, lamborghinis, porsches, etc., it is fair. These cars have much greater aerodynamics and usually 3-5x+ the amount of power that the bikes have. Bikes are stupid fast, but the rider has to have the skills to lock the throttle and keep the front down. For very fast cars, they are good races. Unless the bike has a turbo lol, then it's game over.

Suspended 'till August for speeding...
    And no, racing is definitely not worth it. But I'll still do it if the race is very big. If I get caught racing it's impound, jail, and revocation. If I get caught racing without a license it's the same consequences...but until I get the license back I am going to be very very selective about racing. I guess it just means I have to head out to Island Dragway now. Also...my wifey will race the car but I would rather her not for obvious reasons. She makes a good chauffer though! lol
    Which mods do you have done? Some bold statements indeed, but I see why you wouldn't want to race on the streets. Have you run the car at the track?

Yes,but not all of your friends are washed up,old,bald,hillbilly drag racers
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I live in the rush hour traffic capital of the world yet I can still find empty stretches when necessary...

The runs were at 11 due to public roads. Obviously you don't run at 11 at a track unless it is a night rental.

You can also attend private rentals. Just saying there are options.

If the roads are packed at 11, run at 3-4 AM.

Please tell me how you can attend a track rental with a person that you just met on the fly. Your point makes sense if its with people that you know already.

Its hit or miss sometimes its no car's sometimes there are a few this is how its over on the east coast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast