Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

:::VIDEO::: 11sec Atco Runs

Guys here are the time slips and the videos of some of my 11 sec runs today, I did some research and i cant find any documentation or videos of another s85 doing a better time w/o nos but there is some info of a car that went 11.6 in Africa, Either way I was very happy with the numbers but it did leave me wanting for more!! I had 60ft's in the 1.7's and 1.8's and most runs were 12.10 or under with about 5 in the 11's.

Attached Images Attached Images

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey Sticky can you do something with my time slips so they just show up and are not sideways lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn dude, your car is so sick and loud. Nice runs!! Very loud indeed lol I love it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    hey Sticky can you do something with my time slips so they just show up and are not sideways lol
    i got the same problem man great meeting you today. Congrats on that run man and i love how your car sounds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn man, you really know how to take off with that car. those are some nice launches and times man. Ps love that front lip so aggressive.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ellis mate with commentary. After hearing that car, mine sounds weak. -time to check exhaust prices!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Ellis mate with commentary. After hearing that car, mine sounds weak. -time to check exhaust prices!
    lmao, check out Gintani catback. nice deep growl
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car sounds amazing. I bet a track package would make a decent difference. Lightweight skinnys out front and slicks out back...if they would fit over the stock brakes. Either way 11.85 is super impressive for that car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Car sounds amazing. I bet a track package would make a decent difference. Lightweight skinnys out front and slicks out back...if they would fit over the stock brakes. Either way 11.85 is super impressive for that car.
    if you look really close the 18"rims wouldnt fit around the brakes so we took them off!! they are clamped up under the car and looks like 2 little nuts lol.... the diameter of the rotors damn near filled this rim up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you look really close the 18"rims wouldnt fit around the brakes so we took them off!! they are clamped up under the car and looks like 2 little nuts lol.... the diameter of the rotors damn near filled this rim up
    Haha...didn't notice that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice going. Are your stock seats in the car?
    Here are the times for the four fastest V10's down here.
    1. Cleo Moodley BMW M6 11.69 Margate 2010
    2. Shaan Singh BMW M6 11,79 Margate 2010
    3. Cleo Moodley BMW M5 11.82 Margate 2010
    4. Shaan Singh BMW M5 11.91 Mtubatuba 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Nice going. Are your stock seats in the car?
    Here are the times for the four fastest V10's down here.
    1. Cleo Moodley BMW M6 11.69 Margate 2010
    2. Shaan Singh BMW M6 11,79 Margate 2010
    3. Cleo Moodley BMW M5 11.82 Margate 2010
    4. Shaan Singh BMW M5 11.91 Mtubatuba 2010
    are those the numbers for the cars from Africa? Are there any vids or timeslips? i would love to see it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are those the numbers for the cars from Africa? Are there any vids or timeslips? i would love to see it
    Yes, those are cars from South Africa.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Msizzle, what are your specs?

Mods? Exhaust? Weight pulled? Race gas? Need all these details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice runs. The M6 is balls-on.
    Your 60' times are what gave you the killer times. Great off the line technique. Every 0.1 sec off the 60' time is 0.2 sec off your ET.
    Again outstanding runs.

Cheers
    Ranger

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We don't get time slips here. Motorsport South Africa officially releases the confirmed figures after the event. The two cars run by Cleo run 1.7 sec 60ft and a exit of between 195-198. Another M6 thats faster than number 1 is running in two weeks time so I will ensure to get video footage of the runs. The events are on a airstrip and no burn outs are allowed neither. To get your number in the record list which is held by a reputable performance magazine you have to run within 1% of your best time within a hour. So there are no fluke runs.

Are you still restricted to the US launch control?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Msizzle, what are your specs?

Mods? Exhaust? Weight pulled? Race gas? Need all these details.
    510whp, evo sport headers, evosposrt pulley, evo sport sec 1,2,3 with no cats or resonators, k&n typhoon intake, powerchip stage 3 race tune, mickey thompson 18" et streets
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lock n Load Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs. The M6 is balls-on.
    Your 60' times are what gave you the killer times. Great off the line technique. Every 0.1 sec off the 60' time is 0.2 sec off your ET.
    Again outstanding runs.

Cheers
    Ranger
    thankyou very much sir
    We don't get time slips here. Motorsport South Africa officially releases the confirmed figures after the event. The two cars run by Cleo run 1.7 sec 60ft and a exit of between 195-198. Another M6 thats faster than number 1 is running in two weeks time so I will ensure to get video footage of the runs. The events are on a airstrip and no burn outs are allowed neither. To get your number in the record list which is held by a reputable performance magazine you have to run within 1% of your best time within a hour. So there are no fluke runs.

Are you still restricted to the US launch control?
    yes its us launch control witch sucks so i dont use it, as far as the times over there i always thought that an official time had to be done at a drag strip with its own timing equiipment, i have dont mile events with 1/4 mile timing as well and ran 11.90's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

yes its us launch control witch sucks so i dont use it, as far as the times over there i always thought that an official time had to be done at a drag strip with its own timing equiipment, i have dont mile events with 1/4 mile timing as well and ran 11.90's
    The times are official because the event is sanctioned by the South African Motorsport Body responsible for all drag racing. So they have there scrutineers running the show. Its not like a private event. It happens that the area has no drag strip that is at the coast so airfields are used for 400m events which means most runs are done against head winds.
    The launch control sorted will get you below 11.5. You launching from the go and the Evo headers loose some in the midrange so you loosing time in first. How high are you reving and over 8300 does your gearchange become slower?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The times are official because the event is sanctioned by the South African Motorsport Body responsible for all drag racing. So they have there scrutineers running the show. Its not like a private event. It happens that the area has no drag strip that is at the coast so airfields are used for 400m events which means most runs are done against head winds.
    The launch control sorted will get you below 11.5. You launching from the go and the Evo headers loose some in the midrange so you loosing time in first. How high are you reving and over 8300 does your gearchange become slower?

my car revs to 8600 but it doesnt really make power all the way to redline but it helps in turns at the track so i can hold a lower gear, you are correct with the gear changes ther are much slower after 8300,i was using 8100. I think with an ess tcu tune that will speed up the shifts and enable a 4500rpm launch and no seats 11.40's or 11.50's are all the marbles in the same conditions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New BMW E63 M6 1/4 mile record - 11.82 @ 120 mph - timeslip and video

Congratulations to BimmerBoost member Msizzle for breaking the 1/4 mile record for the quickest M6! Msizzle ran an 11.827@120.67 breaking the previous record held by an MHP tuned M6 of 11.870@119 mph. Interestingly enough, the new record was set at the same track the previous record was set, ATCO in New Jersey. Car has a full catless Evosport exhaust including headers, Powerchip Stage 3 race tune, and was run on Mickey Thompson drag radials.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Video:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my car revs to 8600 but it doesnt really make power all the way to redline but it helps in turns at the track so i can hold a lower gear, you are correct with the gear changes ther are much slower after 8300,i was using 8100. I think with an ess tcu tune that will speed up the shifts and enable a 4500rpm launch and no seats 11.40's or 11.50's are all the marbles in the same conditions
    If you intend to stay NA might want to look into an aggressive set of Schrick cams.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice launches...consistent everytime! That thing does haul ass for a 4000+lb car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    nice launches...consistent everytime! That thing does haul ass for a 4000+lb car.
    It isn't over 4000, curb weight is around 3900 but yes, not exactly light.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you gentlemen, as anyone who has tackled any project knows there are allot of ups and downs but its all good when it pays off at the end!!! The funny thing instead of thinking about what it did do im only thinking about what it can do, lets say in a neg DA and with the interior out, can we get under 11.5?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you gentlemen, as anyone who has tackled any project knows there are allot of ups and downs but its all good when it pays off at the end!!! The funny thing instead of thinking about what it did do im only thinking about what it can do, lets say in a neg DA and with the interior out, can we get under 11.5?
    Negative DA and pulling some weight and 11.6 maybe 11.5 is possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast