Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Pandora or Slacker through USB?

Is it possible to use the USB port in the E90 to stream music from an online service with a smartphone? I currently have an old phone that doesn't do much of anything and my contract is up, so I've been pondering if this is possible. If so, I'll upgrade to a decent phone and data plan and enjoy life. If not, I'll just keep the 'ol ipod plugged in and possibly update my Sirius account.
    I's appreciate any input, but I understand that it's possible through the headphone jack, but I would prefer a digital signal. -thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Streaming from an online service? No idea but that doesn't seem like a good idea due to connection issues as you drive to maintain the stream, why not just use the MP3's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I looked into it and unless you're going to get an aftermarket head unit you're out of luck. I'm running Last.fm and Pandora through the mini stero jack and it's honestly pretty good except for the 1 wire, but you can always leave it inside the armrest.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I looked into it and unless you're going to get an aftermarket head unit you're out of luck. I'm running Last.fm and Pandora through the mini stero jack and it's honestly pretty good except for the 1 wire, but you can always leave it inside the armrest.
    That's how I do it. The problem is in the bluetooth, it needs to be AD2P in order to stream via your smart phone, but unfortunately I know that my car does not support it. (pre-09+ i-drive)