Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Golf R VS Leon Cupra R

the new golf R has really got me jealous. I just found out it's coming to Us and will be avail for 2012. Its 2.0 turbo TSI with a k04 instead of a k03 thank god, and with AWD! 270 hp and 260 tq. with a tune and bolt ons this car is soo sick, and it really looks great. I want to trade my SS for this.. i'm not even joking.

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The engine is going to be the timing belt wearing FSI, and I'm not too sure if that is a good or bad thing. I'm going to go look at them when they come out, but I think this 335 torque is growing on me. For some reason, after looking at pictures of this car for two years and not being able to get one makes me feel like the car is dated looking, even though it's not even out yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    The engine is going to be the timing belt wearing FSI, and I'm not too sure if that is a good or bad thing. I'm going to go look at them when they come out, but I think this 335 torque is growing on me. For some reason, after looking at pictures of this car for two years and not being able to get one makes me feel like the car is dated looking, even though it's not even out yet.
    Yea, I heard this is still based on the FSI not the REAL TSI.. what a bummer. I would for sure stick with the 335, esp with the mods you have you should be really happy with the power and torque. I agree, they took way to long to bring this car out and theres so much better to get at 34k starting...
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nice Golf man. Would you have waited for this, if you knew it was coming to the US instead of getting the Colbalt SS?
    Edit: Never mind lol, just read your whole post......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Nice Golf man. Would you have waited for this, if you knew it was coming to the US instead of getting the Colbalt SS?
    Edit: Never mind lol, just read your whole post......
    as of right now, yes i would. the interior is much nicer, its AWD, its german, its much sexier and appealing to the eye, and it has a nice turbo just like i have in the SS. Only thing is it is based on the FSI engine which is problematic and a pain in the ass when modified... for now i'll just wait till ppl start modding and i get some reviews on it. I still have lots to explore with this domestic, mod friendly beast.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

He seemed to like the SEAT much better.

Pretty sweet it has a K04 with AWD, is this already available in the US?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He seemed to like the SEAT much better.

Pretty sweet it has a K04 with AWD, is this already available in the US?
    I just want that launch from awd and hate the wheel hop and no power in 1-2 gears cause of the tirespin.

It is not available yet, it said to come late summer or next year 2012 model..
    Burger Motorsports