Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Could be, though I know he was previously running traps of 130 with his old setup and from what it looks like on his street racing videos, his new ESS setup is just as strong as ever...could have also just been a crap run and maybe bad driving, even though DCT is consistant.
    He ran 130+ on a different setup @9.5 psi w/meth. And most likely w/o seats. Even the end of the vid claims only 125mph that day. Which is expected with that power/weight ratio. You of all people know that a streetrun is one thing, and track is another. Cant fool the track, it doesnt lie or messup, unless miscalibrated. DA could be an issue, but less on an FI motor than N/A. I just wanted to show that not every run is gvroundbreaking. And to improve, something has to change, either added power, or dropped weight... takes time and testing to add power, but only 20 minutes to drop 150 lbs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    He ran 130+ on a different setup @9.5 psi w/meth. And most likely w/o seats. Even the end of the vid claims only 125mph that day. Which is expected with that power/weight ratio. You of all people know that a streetrun is one thing, and track is another. Cant fool the track, it doesnt lie or messup, unless miscalibrated. DA could be an issue, but less on an FI motor than N/A. I just wanted to show that not every run is gvroundbreaking. And to improve, something has to change, either added power, or dropped weight...
    I like to play devil's advocate Click here to enlarge
    I have my own suspicions of the ESS M3's as most of you know. However, I like to give the benefit of the doubt and go with an "innocent until proven guilty" approach. Click here to enlarge

Just so you all know, the GT-R in the vid DID have problems holding boost. He was also short shifiting 1000rpm's from redline. Not to mention the monstrous wing that killed his aero...

The runs against the Z06 prove how slow Ricky's GT-R was that day.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I had the oppurtunity to ride in an ESS car yesterday, it was fun Click here to enlarge im looking forward to comparisons against other similar setups locally Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I had the oppurtunity to ride in an ESS car yesterday, it was fun Click here to enlarge im looking forward to comparisons against other similar setups locally Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, they're pretty cool lol. I really like your setup though. Nothing like seeing the underdog shut down the big guns Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Could be, though I know he was previously running traps of 130 with his old setup and from what it looks like on his street racing videos, his new ESS setup is just as strong as ever...could have also just been a crap run and maybe bad driving, even though DCT is consistant.
    I don't know, his new setup has also lost to cars the previous one beat before. Then there were pulley swaps and new files and who knows what is going on now for it to try to "equal" the old one as that is the whole goal ESS has with this car.

DCT is consistent, hard to blame roll on runs on driving.

Take a look at this and try to explain the disparity: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...times-12.0-117

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

He ran 130+ on a different setup @9.5 psi w/meth. And most likely w/o seats. Even the end of the vid claims only 125mph that day. Which is expected with that power/weight ratio. You of all people know that a streetrun is one thing, and track is another. Cant fool the track, it doesnt lie or messup, unless miscalibrated. DA could be an issue, but less on an FI motor than N/A. I just wanted to show that not every run is gvroundbreaking. And to improve, something has to change, either added power, or dropped weight... takes time and testing to add power, but only 20 minutes to drop 150 lbs Click here to enlarge
    8.5 psi, not 9.5.

I ran 130+ with 7.5 psi...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hmm, I can see the passenger seat.. wouldn't the holes for the rear headrests be missing from the shot if the rears had been taken out, or am I mistaken? Either way any weight reduction should be posted so we know exactly how great the kit is performing. If drew has been known to un-disclose weight then I see where Sticky is coming from. But no way to prove it here in this video. I say good runs, this M looks quick.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The headrest may have been removed to get a clearer view for the camera. I don't think the 3lbs in weight savings account for any performance increases...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The headrest may have been removed to get a clearer view for the camera. I don't think the 3lbs in weight savings account for any performance increases...
    Of course, but the point is to be aware you are dealing with a person who has been known to remove significant weight from the car and not disclose it among other things. Even his new best buddy said so: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...782#post139782

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just saw a new video of the ESS M3 raping modded GT-R's and running the Turbo S as well as killing an HPF M3...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I just saw a new video of the ESS M3 raping modded GT-R's and running the Turbo S as well as killing an HPF M3...
    DCT M3's with boost are stronger than people think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

135mph strong?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

135mph strong?
    Don't know about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Did you guys watch that video ? the white GT-R is the GOD !!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This ESS M3 is takin' all these dudes to school!
    Best part is the end of the video though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNNt3yPBcWw

This ESS M3 is takin' all these dudes to school!
    Best part is the end of the video though
    WOW, that last one was a beast!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

WOW!!! That white GT-R at the end is ridiculous...........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123