Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Still think Meth cleans your intake?

I dont. and i dont think anyone sprays more meth than I.

(sorry for crappy cell phone pics)

These may not be as bad as some ive seen lately, but its still not ideal:

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

now, i dont have after pictures, (Matt@cambertoe works way too fast and had the manifold back on before i realized he was done all of them. i did see the first couple runners he did but wanted to take pics all at aonce)

they are now spotless. The car runs amazingly more smooth and seems to breathe much easier even on part throttle/decent boost.
    i now have 87k miles and have been spraying Cm10 nozzle for the last 20k miles at least.

If you havent done so already, Id highly suggest your next mod being a maintainence instead of adding something new.

and if your in the N.E. id suggest you get Matt (@CamberToe) to do it. much much easier Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't see much. But from the pictures I've seen,(Mr5's) no I don't think meth cleans all that well.
    This is def on my to do list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, lighting ws bad and its the droid camera, but if you get close on some of them you can kinda see it.. either way, it needs to be manually cleaned

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hrmmmy. Pretty kool dude.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They look a lot better than some other members not spraying meth, from what I can see anyway. Methanol definitely helps, but it isnt a complete problem solver.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tough to see inside but not as bad as some of the ones that have been posted. Seems it helped, but you still have to maintain it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok think about how much worse it would have been with no meth.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure if it's been asked before, but how much is Matt charging for the cleaning?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PM me and I'll shoot you the price. I already know what the dealer near here charges for it, and I have to say Im quite reasonable when it come to that. Intake gaskets are replaced in the process and the throttlebody is also cleaned out.

If you look in Sgt Jeeps thread, you will find pics of what the intake valves look like when they are cleaned out. LMs look better because I had a rifle cleaning kit to use this time instead of scraping it off with a long pick...so I was able to use some elbow grease and scrub them good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not too bad. Mine were so bad, my car was throwing SES lights and shuddering. The dealer cleaned them at 49.3k miles, but the b1tch was acting up since 44k or so, from the massive carbon build up. I run no meth though, and had no OCC until after the clean up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually I take that back. I never posted up the pic of the clean valves, I will upload them tonight when I get home...I have to crop them down and resize them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, I need to find somewhere in So cal to get this done. Im sitting at 48k and I am sure I need a good cleaning!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RambleJ535 Click here to enlarge
    Damn, I need to find somewhere in So cal to get this done. Im sitting at 48k and I am sure I need a good cleaning!
    Where are you in SoCal? You could try hitting up Euro Auto Spot, if you are in the San Diego area, or LTBMW in the LA area, I heard those guys are good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We need a larger intake manifold with meth injection right on each intake valve.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    We need a larger intake manifold with meth injection right on each intake valve.
    Wasn't somebody doing direct port injected methanol?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Where are you in SoCal? You could try hitting up Euro Auto Spot, if you are in the San Diego area, or LTBMW in the LA area, I heard those guys are good.
    I am in the SFV, does LTBMW do that kind of work? I thought they were mainly cosmetic work with some tuning install and uninstall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am in the SFV, does LTBMW do that kind of work? I thought they were mainly cosmetic work with some tuning install and uninstall.
    Not sure, I thought they did everything, never been there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was looking into di meth....

My apologies guys, i forgot to add that this is after the BMW emissions cleaning servie, AKA seafoam treatment

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1, wondering if EAS does this kind of work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where is your meth nozzle located? is it after the IC or before. On the vw forums they guy integrated his nozzle into the intake manifold instead for direct meth pretty much and he said that cleaned the valves and piston rings better than when he had it just after IC piping. Do you have a catch can?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you can do it at the dealer i think they charge like 4-600. For my gti it was 400..

Any bmw performance shop wll be able to do it, its not a hard job at all.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Where is your meth nozzle located? is it after the IC or before. On the vw forums they guy integrated his nozzle into the intake manifold instead for direct meth pretty much and he said that cleaned the valves and piston rings better than when he had it just after IC piping. Do you have a catch can?
    The bungs on my CP are right before the TB. No catch canClick here to enlarge so I'm imaging it's pretty bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    The bungs on my CP are right before the TB. No catch canClick here to enlarge so I'm imaging it's pretty bad.
    It will make a little difference but meh lol, you shouldnt worry about it as long as you get the valves cleaned after like 40k miles was for my gti, so I'm guessing the same with this too. DI engines the same $#@!.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It will make a little difference but meh lol, you shouldnt worry about it as long as you get the valves cleaned after like 40k miles was for my gti, so I'm guessing the same with this too. DI engines the same $#@!.
    Past due for that cleaning, thinking I might do it myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast