Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Anyone tried these?

The core windings inside these coils have been modified to increase firepower and promote a faster, more efficient burn. This gives your BMW increased torque in the lower range of RPM and more horsepower in the upper range. Exact improvements depend on the current condition of your BMW's engine, but you'll definitely feel the difference. They'll also improve your fuel economy. Plus they come with new spark plug boots, making them an even better value. Installation is a simple, do-it-yourself procedure that takes about 30 minutes. Instructions included.

Part Number
    5004 6

Description Price Qty.
    Bavarian Autosport High-Performance Ignition Coil Set - Set of 6

ON SALE!
    $ 233.95
    Reg. $ 259.95

I am looking for mild performance options for my M54 engine. Looking at a tune and these or similar to boost the performance of my daily driver, so nothing too radical - it's still a family car for me. Thanks
    Click here to enlarge

"2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity............and I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know a couple guys have tried the plasma coils but minimum gains have been had.

I doubt these will make any appreciable difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There isn't a whole lot you can do by just changing the coils. The better way to increase spark energy (not that a naturally aspirated car really needs it) is to go with a higher voltage feed to the coils. Standalone ECU's, some piggybacks, and devices like the Kenne Bell boost a spark do this.

The other means (which usually kills coils) is to increase the dwell time, or in laymens terms, the time that the coil is charged before each spark event.

When you see high HP cars not blowing spark out though, its usually increased voltage into the coil, and coils that can deal with the extra heat. Everything I've read/heard indicate these are not going to really do either of those things...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for your replies guys, I was thinking of these with a tune to help boost performance a little. I wasn't looking for huge gains - only way to do that is to add either a turbo or supercharger kit to the car, but for that price I still would not be able to beat an M5 despite having spent enough $$$$$ to buy an M5 so the turbo route makes about as much sense to me as earrings on a dog. I guess I'll just go with the tune and if that's not enough (which it probably won't be) I'll buy an M5.
    Click here to enlarge

"2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity............and I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pjinca Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for your replies guys, I was thinking of these with a tune to help boost performance a little. I wasn't looking for huge gains - only way to do that is to add either a turbo or supercharger kit to the car, but for that price I still would not be able to beat an M5 despite having spent enough $$$$$ to buy an M5 so the turbo route makes about as much sense to me as earrings on a dog. I guess I'll just go with the tune and if that's not enough (which it probably won't be) I'll buy an M5.
    Exactly, there are better ways to spend your money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL, that's why I am doing minor things so I can get an M5 next.
    Click here to enlarge