Close

Page 65 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3248
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great info about the rod angle and length. Makes so much sense the way he stated it for me. Thanks @bdtsulev I wish I can rep you more.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
    I'm not going to lie, i am not a dct guy but i do like innovation and new things but all the secrecy have caused me to loose some interest. At this point im just awaiting the outcome. I actually thought it was done already.
    As stated things had to be redone. Whether you lose interest or not is not what's important.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    You decrease the piston height the same amount that you make the rod longer, that keeps the TDC height and compression ratio the same overall, but the longer rod goes through less angular movement through the same revolution of the crank.
    There you go, it's all about the angular movement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge
    This thing is going to be ridiculous!
    Exactly, going to be way cool especially once it's all laid out. Just a process and fun development to see what it takes to do and make it work. I don't know why people don't appreciate the time and effort instead of demanding results as if I don't want my car back myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    But not everybody wants a GTR.... Just like not everyone wants a Supra, a Turbo E46 M3, a TT-G or TT-Viper. BUT luckily because they are some very dedicated enthusiasts on each platform, they take the torch and lead the platform into it's next big development (a more aggressive supercharger/turbo kit). It's these enthusiasts that we can thank for taking cars like the Supra, E46 M3, Gallardo + Vipers from their tame stock power levels, to 1.5k-2.k+ WHP monsters. There's no need to be a negative $#@!ing nancy and just $#@! on Sticky (or anybody's) build thread when they're pushing their cars and the motor into unknown territories; they're doing a favor for the community & you should never want to see any vendor fail.
    This. Ditching the S65 to build a GTR isn't the answer for building big HP M3's.

Even other motors have growing pains as well. It's a process and the GTR didn't make it overnight either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Or not use flanged sleeves and brace them another way so you don't remove material from the top of the block to maintain its strength.
    Should be an impressive piece of engineering, can't wait to see it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Great info about the rod angle and length. Makes so much sense the way he stated it for me. Thanks @bdtsulev I wish I can rep you more.
    Glad I could help

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bdtsulev Click here to enlarge
    Should be an impressive piece of engineering, can't wait to see it
    Thanks, it's been a lot of work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to hear about the challenges with the sleeves and block. Here's hoping they get it sorted and you are back on the road.

Not sure if you know, but what power levels has VAC hit with their sleeved s65's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if you know, but what power levels has VAC hit with their sleeved s65's?
    No dyno numbers posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Exactly...there are too many people out there who even think that one should just try to build upon an existing kit to try to get the most out of an M3...the same logic would mean that is as far as an e92 M3 will get. If tuners never tried to build a turbo setup, insane transmission setups to handle big power, etc. we wouldn't have the huge power cars we do today. This also takes customer demand and sacrifice as they need to start somewhere! People should appreciate any member of the community who is willing to be without their car for such a long period of time. They could easily be driving around their car and just wait for someone else to do it so they can buy the same kit and be without their car for days opposed to potentially years.

Innovation requires sacrifice.

Exactly, going to be way cool especially once it's all laid out. Just a process and fun development to see what it takes to do and make it work. I don't know why people don't appreciate the time and effort instead of demanding results as if I don't want my car back myself.
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly...there are too many people out there who even think that one should just try to build upon an existing kit to try to get the most out of an M3...the same logic would mean that is as far as an e92 M3 will get. If tuners never tried to build a turbo setup, insane transmission setups to handle big power, etc. we wouldn't have the huge power cars we do today. This also takes customer demand and sacrifice as they need to start somewhere! People should appreciate any member of the community who is willing to be without their car for such a long period of time. They could easily be driving around their car and just wait for someone else to do it so they can buy the same kit and be without their car for days opposed to potentially years.

Innovation requires sacrifice.
    Well said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You're onto something sir.
    If this is the case, the timetable is completely understandable. This involves not only changing the deck height, but also the valve-train drive, and everything in the middle of the "V". (Intake manifold, throttle body assembles, etc)

If I was doing this, I would be changing one part at a time, then moving onto the next component to avoid compound clearance issues. This takes time....
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    If this is the case, the timetable is completely understandable. This involves not only changing the deck height, but also the valve-train drive, and everything in the middle of the "V". (Intake manifold, throttle body assembles, etc)

If I was doing this, I would be changing one part at a time, then moving onto the next component to avoid compound clearance issues. This takes time....
    You're one of the few people who understands, appreciates, and doesn't criticize.

You have a wonderful build thread that obviously is time consuming with a lot of engineering and money involved yet people appreciate the project. But since I'm me I get baseless criticism instead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But since I'm me I get baseless criticism instead.
    We all want to see your car run Sticky, but I truly hope you are being sarcastic on that last point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    We all want to see your car run Sticky, but I truly hope you are being sarcastic on that last point.
    Oh no, not at all. The dynamic changes when I'm involved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I never knew about this thread and just happened across it after the build was finished I would haven't have thought twice about the time period.

Thats what happened with the two other build threads I came across (George smooth's merc and the rx7 chassis)
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh no, not at all. The dynamic changes when I'm involved.
    I am really intrigued to see how your DCT build turns out. I like the technology even though I am still a 6MT guy. The ceiling is high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're one of the few people who understands, appreciates, and doesn't criticize.
    That's very kind of you.

While I may have the ability to bury people in technical criticism, I haven't found it does anything to help a situation. In fact, I've found it can backfire rather spectacularly, and move people further away from solutions.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys, its like HPF's N54..

Its not a bad thing, it takes time, and sticky is ready to wait.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Guys, its like HPF's N54..

Its not a bad thing, it takes time, and sticky is ready to wait.
    Guess we won't see a teaser until 2014-2015.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Guess we won't see a teaser until 2014-2015.
    The wait is basically over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure this has been asked and could be difficult to answer, but an ETA based on the above comment?
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure this has been asked and could be difficult to answer, but an ETA based on the above comment?
    Nothing more than weeks now that I can see. I'll call and confirm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Nothing more than weeks now that I can see. I'll call and confirm.
    My 335i rebuilt has started two years ago. The development of the engine and a new in-house developed twin turbo system itself took almost one year and we still need a few months to complete. In my opinion, sometimes, it is not about huge HP, but it is more about the path that you walk to the increased HP. So all my credit should go to Sticky. On the other hand i am also working on my e93 M3 with a slightly modified engine and exhaust system, but we stay with the NA engine at this time.