Close

Page 64 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3248
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by MrClean335i is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Jimefam is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Sticky how much HP can a bone stock block handle?
    I'd say ~700

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Lol a little butthurt aren't you, think of it this way now you know what deck height is a can properly use it in a sentence.
    You're kind of just being a tool in this thread instead of discussing the topic. As if you're educating me on a motor you know nothing about. Anyway, since you're not contributing anything of value to my thread I'm removing you from it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    [video]http://www.vacmotorsports.com/blog/are-cylinder-sleeves-bad-for-your-bmw-engine/[/url]

Holy $#@!, look at these pics, there is really no space between cylinders on these blocks. Sticky you were not kidding.
    I know, BMW kept it super compact to try to sit it as far back as they could. It makes sleeving not such a simple exercise.

If the motor was iron it wouldn't be a big deal but the alusil is honestly not very tough and way too flexible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    So it seems they are testing the high boost version since 2008. Its 2013 for christ's sake and they still haven't figured this out??
    Would you please tell me who has?

Everyone focuses on me as I'm in the spotlight so to speak, that's fine. But have you forgotten there is a stroker M3 that ESS boosted (and blew the motor) that has been down longer than mine and still isn't running? Nobody knows why? I do.

It isn't just me guys, the S65 isn't the boost platform the S54 is. We all were wrong about it and it looked better on paper than in practice. The design can support big power as you see what mild boost does but it's a problem when going to the next level. If the weaknesses are addressed, it will be a beast, just watch guys.

Instead of constant criticism try to appreciate the build and journey. It's not a small monetary sacrifice or a small time sacrifice for that matter so the community should not be so divisive but should instead pool together. It will be fun once it's done and a testament to a shop's ability as well as what an M3 can do. These are good things, not bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @JRCART here loook at this:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrClean335i Click here to enlarge
    Aren't build threads suppose to have updates of the build? This build thread sucks.
    There are over 12 highly detailed updates about the DCT BUILD WHICH IS THE TOPIC AND WAS COMPLETED. What sucks is your reading comprehension and if you don't like it don't read it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, I don't know if this has been asked yet, but are you using longer sleeves so that you can use longer rods and therefore change the rod/stroke ratio and put less stress on the internals at high rpms?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bdtsulev Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, I don't know if this has been asked yet, but are you using longer sleeves so that you can use longer rods and therefore change the rod/stroke ratio and put less stress on the internals at high rpms?
    You're onto something sir.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would think the better rod angle would help prevent pushing the piston into the cylinder wall, thus flexing the block less and causing less piston wear like you were seeing. Am I getting warmer?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isnt that called a stroker??? Increasing rod and piston stroke is called a stroker, at least east of the Mississippi it is.

This thread officially blows....way too much secrecy.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It must be getting close Sticky. This is the most specific information you have shared on the car in an excruciating amount of time. How much time on that motor by the way. Some nice scoring for sure. How much material was gone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Isnt that called a stroker??? Increasing rod and piston stroke is called a stroker, at least east of the Mississippi it is.
    What I believe he is doing is using longer rods only. If he doesn't change the crankshaft then longer rods would move the piston travel up farther, but wouldn't actually change the stroke, just where the piston sits and the rod angle. This would explain the use of longer sleeves. Also, I'm pretty postive a stroker would use shorter rods

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    It must be getting close Sticky. This is the most specific information you have shared on the car in an excruciating amount of time. How much time on that motor by the way. Some nice scoring for sure. How much material was gone?
    Not my block just showing the bore spacing/material.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I believe he is doing is using longer rods only. If he doesn't change the crankshaft then longer rods would move the piston travel up farther, but wouldn't actually change the stroke, just where the piston sits and the rod angle. This would explain the use of longer sleeves. Also, I'm pretty postive a stroker would use shorter rods
    Exactly correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

This thread officially blows....way too much secrecy.
    Don't you understand why a tuner wouldn't want to share too much at this stage? It's a rather large investment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    .....if what you are thinking is the case then wouldnt that decrease the stroke and theoretically decrease engine displacement? what about piston clearance on the top?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    .....if what you are thinking is the case then wouldnt that decrease the stroke and theoretically decrease engine displacement?
    If he uses taller sleeves and increases the deck height then it would keep the displacemen the same as stock. Without raising the deck height the piston would actually go through the head.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If he uses taller sleeves and increases the deck height then it would keep the displacemen the same as stock. Without raising the deck height the piston would actually go through the head.
    I assume addressing deck height means scabbing onto the factory head? Not really the smartest thing to do for heat disapation and cooling, especially on a FI motor. .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I assume addressing deck height means scabbing onto the factory head? Not really the smartest thing to do for heat disapation and cooling, especially on a FI motor. .
    I would think you could essentially use an iron spacer in between the block and head to raise the deck height. Or perhaps the flanges on the sleaves themselves, if widened over the top of the block could be used as the spacer. I think that would also help keep the block from flexing. I guess we will find out soon enough what exactly was done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You decrease the piston height the same amount that you make the rod longer, that keeps the TDC height and compression ratio the same overall, but the longer rod goes through less angular movement through the same revolution of the crank. The only thing that affects the stroke is the crank. If you increase the rod length, without decreasing the piston height, you increase the compression.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not going to lie, i am not a dct guy but i do like innovation and new things but all the secrecy have caused me to loose some interest. At this point im just awaiting the outcome. I actually thought it was done already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thing is going to be ridiculous!
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would think you could essentially use an iron spacer in between the block and head to raise the deck height. Or perhaps the flanges on the sleaves themselves, if widened over the top of the block could be used as the spacer. I think that would also help keep the block from flexing. I guess we will find out soon enough what exactly was done.
    Or not use flanged sleeves and brace them another way so you don't remove material from the top of the block to maintain its strength.