Close

Page 39 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh and one last thing I forgot...
    What tranny fluid are you going to be using? SSP's or OEM?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stega Click here to enlarge
    Oh and one last thing I forgot...
    What tranny fluid are you going to be using? SSP's or OEM?
    SSP's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Saw your car today sticky... Just posted with the HRE's without an engine inside lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Saw your car today sticky... Just posted with the HRE's without an engine inside lol.
    The engine still isn't in? That's great...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The engine still isn't in? That's great...
    No, but Alex said it's ready. They're just waiting on SSP to come move their oil cooler thing from the bumper cause that's where they put the heat exchanger for the SC kit.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

No, but Alex said it's ready. They're just waiting on SSP to come move their oil cooler thing from the bumper cause that's where they put the heat exchanger for the SC kit.
    Well Alex is supposed to call Kris@SSP to schedule SSP coming down. I hope he did it as I txt'd him the number today but I doubt it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Well Alex is supposed to call Kris@SSP to schedule SSP coming down. I hope he did it as I txt'd him the number today but I doubt it.
    I feel you man, hope it gets done soon!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I feel you man, hope it gets done soon!
    Me too...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that sucks..but what can you do. it'll be done sooner or later
    kinda anxious to read your review/see vids of the car. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DevJ Click here to enlarge
    that sucks..but what can you do. it'll be done sooner or later
    kinda anxious to read your review/see vids of the car. lol
    Going to be a hell of a review. I have it all planned out already Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Ok, so it looks like SSP is just going to walk Gintani through the last stages of the transmission. They will need to fit fans and relocated the cooler. It looks like they will be putting it on the back of the car since there is no room up front.

I told them I want it done by February 25 so I can attend the roll on racing event. Will it get done by then? I honestly doubt it but I will remain optimistic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Ok, so it looks like SSP is just going to walk Gintani through the last stages of the transmission. They will need to fit fans and relocated the cooler. It looks like they will be putting it on the back of the car since there is no room up front.

I told them I want it done by February 25 so I can attend the roll on racing event. Will it get done by then? I honestly doubt it but I will remain optimistic.
    I really hope it doesn't take them a month and a half to complete those tasks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I really hope it doesn't take them a month and a half to complete those tasks.
    They also still have to install the SC and tune it. I also don't even think my motor is in there yet as sad as that sounds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

They also still have to install the SC and tune it. I also don't even think my motor is in there yet as sad as that sounds.
    Well my father always told me that with patience comes great things. It is has always proven true for me. At least you know it'll be a bad mother $#@!er when you get it back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Well my father always told me that with patience comes great things. It is has always proven true for me. At least you know it'll be a bad mother $#@!er when you get it back.
    Yep, the only question is "when" do I get it back...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Hhhmmm this is taking way too long bro. Is Gintani that busy?
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Didn't I see a clip here where HPF pulled a motor from a M3, screwed a SC on completely, got the engine back in the car and tuned it in 2,5 hours?
    Why does it take those screw ups at Gintani months to do this?
    It does not make sense to me. They are screwing you over.
    This is not rocket science. It is mounting a cooler and a SC for crying out loud.
    They must have done this numerous times.

Are you offering them free advertising for the time of the build?
    What do they gain by still having your car there?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Didn't I see a clip here where HPF pulled a motor from a M3, screwed a SC on completely, got the engine back in the car and tuned it in 2,5 hours?
    This is not rocket science. It is mounting a cooler and a SC for crying out loud.
    They must have done this numerous times.

I completely agree. It doesnt take a few days for the engine to be built if you have all the parts ready and if the bracket for the SC etc everything is ready then whats the reason for the dealy. You already have the trans cooler issue started. Even the delay from the trans cooler positioning shouldnt have stopped them from at least installing the engine back.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

They aren't screw ups, the work is actually really high quality. Kris@SSP commented on how the quality of the welding was superb for example.

And yes, HPF did get a car done that fast but there were also a few mistakes there due to rushing it.

No, no free advertising.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Hhhmmm this is taking way too long bro. Is Gintani that busy?
    Yes, they are extremely busy at the moment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Even the delay from the trans cooler positioning shouldnt have stopped them from at least installing the engine back.
    Agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Still the question remains what Gintani gains by having your car there for such a long period of time.
    Clearly your car should be their top priority by now. Even high quality work does not take this long to finish.
    And I can not imagine that there are cars there that have waited longer to finish then yours.
    Or they must have a really big parking lot...

If only the system first come first serve applies there you should be driving your car next week.
    I'd be showing up at Gintani daily by now if I were you. But that's just me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Still the question remains what Gintani gains by having your car there for such a long period of time.
    Clearly your car should be their top priority by now. Even high quality work does not take this long to finish.
    And I can not imagine that there are cars there that have waited longer to finish then yours.

If only the system first come first serve applies there you should be driving your car next week.
    I think agree with you. I wouldnt be a happy camper if the car was so late.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

There isn't much I can really do except bug them. I'm taking care of it, it will get done. Just patience... Seems like you guys need it more than I do!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

There isn't much I can really do except bug them. I'm taking care of it, it will get done. Just patience... Seems like you guys need it more than I do!
    Bug them. Bug them? They need a firm kick in the balls, that's what they need!
    Bug them...

No seriously. Go there, offer them to order parts yourself if they are too "busy" to take care of it. Take $#@!ing charge of your build if they won't!
    It has past the time of wanting this build to finish. Probably more then a year, but that was the tranny's fault. Ok, granted.
    But Gintani has full control of the build now, so no more excuses. Make them work on it. They need to step up some notches.
    This is no quality shop. It looks like a bunch of slackers to me.
    I would only bring my car there for a tune if I plan to leave the country for a year...

Page 39 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast