Close

Page 37 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The DCT in the E82 is the exact same as in the M3. Who has the clutch and spring kit?
    So it is a GETRAG 7DCI700?

The clutch and spring kit was linked in some random post in the 1Addicts section of that other board run by junior Nazi wanna-bes. I didn't book mark it and it was some totally unexpected company.

I haven't seen where you describe how you plumbed in the transmission fluid cooler. I presume you did it from the heat exchanger just behind the bottom of the radiator? In series or bypass of hte heat exchanger?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    Would it not be a whole lot more efficient for SSP to get Gintani to relocate the oil cooler? It isn't that complicated; just requires re-running some lines....which should be a cake walk for Gintani.
    I see 2 choices for SSP. They can either pay Gintani to relocate the oil cooler or they can send one of their own to relocate it at a lower cost to them. I know sticky does not want to pay to have the cooler relocated after all of the down time. Seems like the best choice for SSP is to do it themselves. Now, sticky might request they pay Gintani so it get's finished faster. That choice is up to him though.

On another note, I look forward to seeing this build finished sticky. Post some pics once the engine is installed with the bracket and blower if you can. Also, do you know if Gintani will be fabricating a different style manifold for your car? Will their current S65 manifold support the kind of airflow the V7 will produce?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Ejaz, me too. Plus I just want to shut my friends up. I have one with an EVO with bolt on's who has been running his mouth. Can't wait to see the look on his face when I dust him.
    Evo with bolt on's? Bolt on Bigger turbo or just Bolt on's? If you want I can shut him up and dust him.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    Would it not be a whole lot more efficient for SSP to get Gintani to relocate the oil cooler? It isn't that complicated; just requires re-running some lines....which should be a cake walk for Gintani.
    Yes but I believe Kris@SSP wants to take responsibility for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    So it is a GETRAG 7DCI700?

The clutch and spring kit was linked in some random post in the 1Addicts section of that other board run by junior Nazi wanna-bes. I didn't book mark it and it was some totally unexpected company.

I haven't seen where you describe how you plumbed in the transmission fluid cooler. I presume you did it from the heat exchanger just behind the bottom of the radiator? In series or bypass of hte heat exchanger?
    From the very first post:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    The unit BMW uses for the M3 is the Getrag 7DCI600.
    The 600 and 700 differ I have no idea how but my understanding is these are the same basic thing. I didn't even know there was a 700 or if that is accurate as BMW was using the 600 from what I understand. Maybe the 700 contains some update to materials.

I'm not sure what you mean about the how the transmission fluid cooler was plumbed? I'm pretty sure the OEM setup was all replaced. A new pan with new plumbing was created that holds more fluid and goes to the new cooler I believe. So likely bypass is the answer to your question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Also, do you know if Gintani will be fabricating a different style manifold for your car? Will their current S65 manifold support the kind of airflow the V7 will produce?
    A different manifold has yet to be mentioned. I hope this one stands up to everything. If not, they have work to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Evo with bolt on's? Bolt on Bigger turbo or just Bolt on's? If you want I can shut him up and dust him.
    I could have shut him up when I was naturally aspirated let alone supercharged. He just wants to talk because my car has been down. When I show up with it he'll crap his pants and cry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A different manifold has yet to be mentioned. I hope this one stands up to everything. If not, they have work to do.
    Since we're on the topic of flow number in the other thread, I wonder what the numbers are like on their manifold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Since we're on the topic of flow number in the other thread, I wonder what the numbers are like on their manifold.
    No clue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Perhaps the 600 is an ealier version as it is no longer listed.http://www.getrag.com/en/216.1?_sear..._=0&_offset_=0

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps the 600 is an ealier version as it is no longer listed.http://www.getrag.com/en/216.1?_sear..._=0&_offset_=0
    That makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So it will be in the OP hands soon?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sticky....still no ETA for you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On Getrag's website it says the 7DCI700 is good for 700 NM and the 6DCI600 is good for 600 NM. Is BMW installing the 7DCI700 in the newer 335is, M3 and M5?
    2011 335i E90 A/T M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PennywiseM3 Click here to enlarge
    On Getrag's website it says the 7DCI700 is good for 700 NM and the 6DCI600 is good for 600 NM. Is BMW installing the 7DCI700 in the newer 335is, M3 and M5?
    I've read things that the M5 shares the same trans although I don't see how it could not get changes before going into that higher torque application.

You meant to say 7DCI600?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    sticky....still no ETA for you?
    I'll call right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They will have an update for me Wednesday. Looks like they are aiming for Kris@SSP to fly out next week sometime to finish up his work.

Chances of me getting this for Christmas don't look good. Oh well, what's a few more weeks?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They will have an update for me Wednesday. Looks like they are aiming for Kris@SSP to fly out next week sometime to finish up his work.

Chances of me getting this for Christmas don't look good. Oh well, what's a few more weeks?
    hopefully not a couple more months... im pretty eager as im sure many are to see this beast fired up
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    hopefully not a couple more months... im pretty eager as im sure many are to see this beast fired up
    I'm considering just going into hibernation until it's done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

i guess a few more weeks wont hurt...i mean its been a couple yrs now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did mean the 7DCI600. We had my friend's 2011 BMW 335is DCT on the lift the other day trying to figure out if it had the new 7DCI700 DCT in it, there just isn't enough information on the internet to figure out if he has the 7DCI700. It does not take much tuning with the 335is before your torque starts getting close to the 7DCI600 torque limitations.
    2011 335i E90 A/T M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PennywiseM3 Click here to enlarge
    I did mean the 7DCI600. We had my friend's 2011 BMW 335is DCT on the lift the other day trying to figure out if it had the new 7DCI700 DCT in it, there just isn't enough information on the internet to figure out if he has the 7DCI700. It does not take much tuning with the 335is before your torque starts getting close to the 7DCI600 torque limitations.
    Well the SSP upgraded clutch discs should work for either...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, not sure if this helps - but the latest European Car says the following in regard to the new gearbox in the M5: "the Getrag-built DCT dual-clutch transmission is similar in design to the MS's DCT, but features considerably beefed up internals" ... "The new gearbox has a 700Nm torque capacity - Gehring explains - It was a big challenge to strengthen the gearbox while trying to keep weight roughly the same. It is, in effect, the M3 DCT unit with stronger components throughout." -- European Car

There is also a picture of the gearbox - I can snap a photo of the article if someone could identify it.

Cheers.
    Last edited by inlineS54B32; 12-16-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: wrong quote

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That helps, thanks. Seems Getrag did the same thing I did.

Please do snap a photo!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That helps, thanks. Seems Getrag did the same thing I did.

Please do snap a photo!
    Here you go - excuse the flash burn...

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 37 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast