Close

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KiokenM3 Click here to enlarge
    man i cant wait to see what you got up your sleeves
    You and me both Click here to enlarge Going to be big news and all BB exclusive content. I would love to start telling you guys already but it is going to be a little while longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeremy@SSP Click here to enlarge
    Finally found this thread..lol. You sir definitely smoked your clutches and steels. Those are by far the worst I've ever seen. No worries, we will have you up and running soon enough, and making more power then you thought was possible.
    Click here to enlarge

I have no doubt I will be.

Tell Kris to get me those pictures of the clutch basket! He gave me some good info on the phone and I want to write up an article about a DCT issue that it seems we have an explanation for that has been plaguing the BMW M3 DCT community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

PDK build - seems kinda cool. Similar with what your doing?
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/208923-pdk-upgrade-werks.html
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    PDK build - seems kinda cool. Similar with what your doing?
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/208923-pdk-upgrade-werks.html
    Yep... bunch of copy cat wannabe's.

Just messing, can't wait to see what they come up with.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I have no doubt I will be.

Tell Kris to get me those pictures of the clutch basket! He gave me some good info on the phone and I want to write up an article about a DCT issue that it seems we have an explanation for that has been plaguing the BMW M3 DCT community.

Not a problem, I'll shoot him a email and see what other pictures he can get together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yep... bunch of copy cat wannabe's.

Just messing, can't wait to see what they come up with.
    once a solution to dct is made, i fear manual's will be phased out Click here to enlarge dont get me wrong, i have a 6spd and i love it, i wouldnt trade it for the world. but once these gearboxs can be modified to hold high power, the shift time and consistency, on and off the track, will be hard to pass up. is that the reason you got one?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    once a solution to dct is made, i fear manual's will be phased out Click here to enlarge dont get me wrong, i have a 6spd and i love it, i wouldnt trade it for the world. but once these gearboxs can be modified to hold high power, the shift time and consistency, on and off the track, will be hard to pass up. is that the reason you got one?
    That's pretty much what it happening....just about, if not every large car manufacture if using a dct in there line up. Ford is even going to use a dry dct type set up in there focus line up. I believe Getrag projected the DCT market to increase by 85% over the next 5 years. For the record.....these DCT type transmission are already making serious power when modified. Our SSP GT-R's run low 10's, my Evo X MR was making almost 400whp and running low 12's. Don't forget about the Bugatti Veyron, Tons of Ferrari's, and Porsche with there PDK set up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    Manuals will always be around but DCT's are unique as they are in the process of replacing autos and manuals.

I got it because I wanted maximum, consistent performance. However, I don't know if I would get a DCT again if I could do it over again. Then again, once SSP is done with it, I may never want anything else.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Manuals will always be around but DCT's are unique as they are in the process of replacing autos and manuals.

I got it because I wanted maximum, consistent performance. However, I don't know if I would get a DCT again if I could do it over again. Then again, once SSP is done with it, I may never want anything else.
    I have 2 DCT cars right now....a Evo X MR, and a GT-R. The stock MR wasn't what I hoped, but soon after installing SSP trans fluid, seals, and clutches......it soon became apparent how bad ass the DCT is/can be. Just by switching out the oem transmission fluid to SSP PRO RED made a huge difference. Shifting was not only smoother, but way faster!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SSP Trans Fluid in BMW's

I have 2 DCT cars right now....a Evo X MR, and a GT-R. The stock MR wasn't what I hoped, but soon after installing SSP trans fluid, seals, and clutches......it soon became apparent how bad ass the DCT is/can be. Just by switching out the oem transmission fluid to SSP PRO RED made a huge difference. Shifting was not only smoother, but way faster!
    Is the SSP PRO RED trans fluid compatible with the standard BMW DCT trans or will mods be needed before using it? The SSP fluid could be an answer (after warranty expiration) to the nearly unobtainable BMW fluid for those that don't buy the BMW "lifetime fluid" nonsense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by calintexas Click here to enlarge
    Is the SSP PRO RED trans fluid compatible with the standard BMW DCT trans or will mods be needed before using it? The SSP fluid could be an answer (after warranty expiration) to the nearly unobtainable BMW fluid for those that don't buy the BMW "lifetime fluid" nonsense.
    Yes sir, SSP Pro-Red will work in all DCT transmission. It makes a HUGE difference in how the car shifts. Makes it quicker, smoother, and shifts faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Yes sir, SSP Pro-Red will work in all DCT transmission. It makes a HUGE difference in how the car shifts. Makes it quicker, smoother, and shifts faster.
    You are telling me fluid alone makes that big of a difference?

Is there any DCT fluid out there that is better for cooling? I heard mine was black, cooked, and smelled like sewage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've sent you emails on these double clutch set ups!!! can you reply or should I send an email to your accoutn? what is your email?
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are telling me fluid alone makes that big of a difference?

Is there any DCT fluid out there that is better for cooling? I heard mine was black, cooked, and smelled like sewage.
    That's def. not a good thing...lol. Our fluid in my Evo X MR (DCT Trans) ran 10-14 degrees cooler by just switching the fluid alone. That's real world....and World record setting testing. I currently have the Worlds fastest Evo X MR. Only trans mod I had at the time was SSP Pro Red trans fluid. We run the same fluid in our GT-R's.

If you need to reach me please call my cell phone @ 443-636-0530. Or email me at Jeremy@sspperformance.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That's def. not a good thing...lol. Our fluid in my Evo X MR (DCT Trans) ran 10-14 degrees cooler by just switching the fluid alone. That's real world....and World record setting testing. I currently have the Worlds fastest Evo X MR. Only trans mod I had at the time was SSP Pro Red trans fluid. We run the same fluid in our GT-R's.

If you need to reach me please call my cell phone @ 443-636-0530. Or email me at Jeremy@sspperformance.com
    Hi Jeremy,

thanks for information! i'll email you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

DCT Build Part IV - The Gear Sets

Here is a picture of the DCT Gear Sets. One controls the odd gears and one controls the even gears. As you know, the advantage is in almost instantaneous gear changes due to this as the next gear is already pre-selected. One could describe what you are looking at here as two clutches within one housing working together:

Click here to enlarge

The outer one drives the odd gears and the inner the even gears. The clutch applies the torque to one gear set at the same time the other is being disconnected. This also generates tremendous heat and happens very, very quickly.

The gears themselves are very well done and are a high quality cut as you can see. No damage to the gears themselves was done. Compared the the GTR, it seems the DCT tranny, especially its first gear, is pretty damn strong in comparison. No need for new gears but SSP will explore all options and see if there is a need to strengthen anything here:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Cool! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

keep it coming sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    keep it coming sticky
    You got it Click here to enlarge Plenty more to come, as well as some big news regarding the DCT this week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Nice Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nice update!

Can you give us details on what was retained from your previous tranny, and what was remachined if anything?

I know it is a DCT Rebuild, and not a new transmission, so I think all of us are wondering, what if anything, was replaced :O

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Nice update!

Can you give us details on what was retained from your previous tranny, and what was remachined if anything?

I know it is a DCT Rebuild, and not a new transmission, so I think all of us are wondering, what if anything, was replaced :O
    So far exactly what was mentioned, the clutch discs and steel plates. Fluid will be changed as well and once the discs and plates come back we will see what other parts need to be changed. There is also a different cooling application in the works as well as filter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to get toooo off topic but my Evo X MR (DCT-SST) just broke the World HP record!!! We shattered the previous record of 424 whp (Dyno Jet)

Jack Cecil of HP Logic was able to squeeze out an increadible 448 whp (Mustang Dyno) and that's on low boost and pump gas. The reason I mention this is because we are taking everything we have learned over the years of GT-R, and Evo X MR testing directly to the BMW set up. This build is probably going to result in some new world records for the bimmer croud Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Not to get toooo off topic but my Evo X MR (DCT-SST) just broke the World HP record!!! We shattered the previous record of 424 whp (Dyno Jet)

Jack Cecil of HP Logic was able to squeeze out an increadible 448 whp (Mustang Dyno) and that's on low boost and pump gas. The reason I mention this is because we are taking everything we have learned over the years of GT-R, and Evo X MR testing directly to the BMW set up. This build is probably going to result in some new world records for the bimmer croud Click here to enlarge
    First of all, congrats! Very nice to see the evo SST handling that kind of power.

Do you expect to see it equal what the manual cars are capable of on the Evo X?

Definitely expecting big things with the BMW setup Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

dang congrats!

on topic- cant wait to see how much this beefed up dct can take
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast