Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -257.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
    We're looking into replicating the turn signals so they can be affordable for everyone. If you add up the cost of the rings, minor paint work, it's a small fraction of the MAC edition headlights. The attention to detail that went into these lights is second to none, close to 50 hours in them.
    Thanks,
    Igor
    Thanks for the input,
    What's the price for the affordable option ?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for feedback guys. The main reason why the MAC edition headlights are dough is because the turn signal is retrofitted out of a 2011+ E90 3-Series. So on top of the 10+hrs of labor that goes into making those turn signals fit and flow with the lines of the E92 headlights, we also need to cover the cost of the headlights we need to purchase for the turn signals in the first place, whether they're broken, used, or new, people still want a lot of money for them because they're from a new car.

    We're looking into replicating the turn signals so they can be affordable for everyone. If you add up the cost of the rings, minor paint work, it's a small fraction of the MAC edition headlights. The attention to detail that went into these lights is second to none, close to 50 hours in them !

    We're looking to get into the E90 market now, but they're far more difficult to open and seal than the E92 headlights.

    Thanks,
    Igor
    Welcome Igor.

    Maybe we can get a group buy going? I'm interested as are a few others.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for feedback guys. The main reason why the MAC edition headlights are dough is because the turn signal is retrofitted out of a 2011+ E90 3-Series. So on top of the 10+hrs of labor that goes into making those turn signals fit and flow with the lines of the E92 headlights, we also need to cover the cost of the headlights we need to purchase for the turn signals in the first place, whether they're broken, used, or new, people still want a lot of money for them because they're from a new car.

    We're looking into replicating the turn signals so they can be affordable for everyone. If you add up the cost of the rings, minor paint work, it's a small fraction of the MAC edition headlights. The attention to detail that went into these lights is second to none, close to 50 hours in them !

    We're looking to get into the E90 market now, but they're far more difficult to open and seal than the E92 headlights.

    Thanks,
    Igor

    Thanks for the input- how about a price on just the LED and blackout? i want simplicity Click here to enlarge

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    22.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Well...the pricing is all in the original post, so it varies depending on the exact modification.

    The rings ALONE, installed into the housings is $600 or you can buy the kit for $300 and do it yourself.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
    Well...the pricing is all in the original post, so it varies depending on the exact modification.

    The rings ALONE, installed into the housings is $600 or you can buy the kit for $300 and do it yourself.
    So what you are saying is no discount? Even with a group of people lined up from this forum? Seriously?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    22.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh we can certainly do a group buy, obviously price depending on the amount of people interested.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
    Oh we can certainly do a group buy, obviously price depending on the amount of people interested.
    There we go.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I guess we'll organize it on Monday since not much will get done over the weekend. I'm definitely interested as are a few others so we will see what we can come up with.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    809
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Bump for G>B
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    809
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
    Oh we can certainly do a group buy, obviously price depending on the amount of people interested.
    Guessing this wont be taking place...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    326
    Rep Points
    274.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So I saw these lights in person a couple weeks ago at the RPM North BBQ...they looked good but the driverside light was completely fogged up with condensation 8-/

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    809
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    So I saw these lights in person a couple weeks ago at the RPM North BBQ...they looked good but the driverside light was completely fogged up with condensation 8-/
    Wak.. got any pictures? If so I'm not sending my headlights there.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    dunt dunt duuunnnnn...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    326
    Rep Points
    274.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    Wak.. got any pictures? If so I'm not sending my headlights there.
    I didn't want to take a pic of the the fogged up light and post it. Even though I experienced some condensation in my G35 headlights after getting work from 180, they do offer a 1 year warranty on all work. I suppose that condensation is the risk you take whenever you open up the lights - I just hope none of the electronics or circuitry was affected by the moisture.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -37.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    you must be out of your mind to pay 3K for a headlight mod give that money to charity.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    I didn't want to take a pic of the the fogged up light and post it. Even though I experienced some condensation in my G35 headlights after getting work from 180, they do offer a 1 year warranty on all work. I suppose that condensation is the risk you take whenever you open up the lights - I just hope none of the electronics or circuitry was affected by the moisture.
    For that money I would expect them to be perfect.

    Someone was telling a DIY on these was posted and the 180 owner took it down? And that he is just a 19 year old kid? This true?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Points
    2,215.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The DIY, I cant comment on but I know that he is not 19,

    He's 23-26, he's been doing it for quite some time now. Igor has always taken care of people that have run into to problems with the headlights. I would be confident giving him my headlights
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT


    Click here to enlarge


    E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!


    Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

    Click here to enlarge

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    22.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    So I saw these lights in person a couple weeks ago at the RPM North BBQ...they looked good but the driverside light was completely fogged up with condensation 8-/
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    I didn't want to take a pic of the the fogged up light and post it. Even though I experienced some condensation in my G35 headlights after getting work from 180, they do offer a 1 year warranty on all work. I suppose that condensation is the risk you take whenever you open up the lights - I just hope none of the electronics or circuitry was affected by the moisture.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For that money I would expect them to be perfect.

    Someone was telling a DIY on these was posted and the 180 owner took it down? And that he is just a 19 year old kid? This true?
    The moisture occurred from a clogged ventilation hole, since the headlights are designed as an "open system", depending on humidity and moisture they will condensate on the glass and quickly clear up by balancing the air from the outside with the inside of the headlight. A lot of BMW and Audi headlights experience this, and it only happens under certain conditions. The STOCK headlights on my 2010 S4 condensate once in a while during a car wash, it's a normal occurrence. Condensation doesn't mean water inside the headlight, it just fogs up the lens, and once outside air comes in it clears it out. The ventilation hole that has a little sponge inside got clogged and prevented the condensation from escaping. We just started offering work to German vehicles, and this is the 2nd E92 we worked on, so it just happens that small issues arise because we're not familiar with them, this issue is a very simple fix that will not damage or affect any part of the headlight or the rest of the car. IF for any reason it does happen, we provide 1yr warranty against any condensation or paint defects and service the headlights upon customers availability, no excuses or run arounds. For ship in's, we cover shipping one way, and if another issue happens to arise we cover shipping both ways.

    Headlights are one of the most difficult things to offer service for in the automotive industry because of how sensitive the assembly could be, which is why there's not even a handful of companies that offer this in the entire country. It's VERY easy to mess them up if you haven't dealt with and learned from previous issues. Not all assemblies are the same, yes it's the same concept but there are so many specifics to different makes and models that people don't realize.

    We've been offering headlight services for 1day-4yr old sport luxury Japanese vehicles for the last 4 years, we've experienced a ton of issues at first that were all worked out and I haven't had to warranty a headlight for condensation since late 2009. I assure that we pretty much worked out learned from any issues we've encountered with the E92 lights so it's very unlikely that they will repeat, and by small chance that they do, they are VERY minimal and easy to fix, to which we take full responsibility for and service them no questions asked.

    I'm 23, and my partner Alex is 24, I started this as a hobby and turned it into a career so I make sure that my company, my partner, and those who work for me provide the best service, customer satisfaction and uphold the reputation I worked so hard for and dedicated so much time into. I'm not some kid who offers painted headlights to make side cash. I'm building a new brand from ground up and have several investors who depend on my success so I put my life aside for the time being to make sure I achieve my goals now so I can play later, hence the time of this post.

    As for the DIY, I don't know where you got that from... but aside from providing helpful DIY's to forums I support and sponsor, I provide detailed instructions on how to install any product ONEighty sells. The Orb LED kits are supplied with step by step instructions for those that have basic knowledge in opening and sealing headlights. It took me nearly a full business day to compose a 12 page pamphlet, providing detailed and clear pictures with guidelines to follow so the installer avoids any issues or mistakes I faced when I first did the install. Please refer me to where you heard that I took it down so I can clear it up, last thing I need is someone posting misleading information about my business.

    As stated previously, the only reason you see a $3K price tag on the MAC Edition headlights is due to the amount of time and cost that goes into the "LCI-Type" turn signal, we're working on getting it mass produced so it can be easily affordable for everyone, without it, a fully optioned headlight is half the price.

    So yea... I guess I can't just finish this essay without at least including a few exclusive teasers I have yet to show to anyone (including my partner). I'm doing a ton of research, trial testing and working out the tweaks so it's very affordable for anyone who wants to purchase headlights that not only look dope as fawk but also provide outstanding performance.

    True dual Bi-Xenon projector retrofit for the E92's using top of the line parts, QUAD projectors anyone? Click here to enlarge

    ---restricted from posting links or pics so feel free to check the pics on our facebook page - ONEighty, I'll post em up right now and take care of this vendor situation with the staff.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    The DIY, I cant comment on but I know that he is not 19,

    He's 23-26, he's been doing it for quite some time now. Igor has always taken care of people that have run into to problems with the headlights. I would be confident giving him my headlights
    <3 you Chris. Like every other new product/service, we run into problems and mistakes occur and I'm not going to sugar coat it and pretend we're perfect, I'm true and honest to my forum members and customers, just how I'd want to be treated when I'm dropping my hard earned money on something unique.

    Take it or leave it, but I promise once said and done, you won't regret it.

    Ok, anymore questions or concerns don't be afraid to address them directly to me.

    *back to work*

    Thanks,
    Igor
    Last edited by ONEighty; 06-03-2011 at 03:38 AM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    2,103.1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i recently did my own FX-R Retrofit on my e46 M3. I was hesitating being far away from the states and having to send my lights all the way there but TRS helped me out and sent me a DIY and I got it done! The E92 lights need to be backed to open I think so when sealing back up you gotta make sure everything is nice and tight. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Points
    697.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thumbs up for taking the time to address the concerns Igor
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    809
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
    Condensation doesn't mean water inside the headlight, it just fogs up the lens, and once outside air comes in it clears it out. The ventilation hole that has a little sponge inside got clogged and prevented the condensation from escaping.
    Sorry man, not to be rude. Condensation by definition is the change of the physical state of matter from gaseous phase into liquid phase. So there is indeed water in the headlight and from my experience it can get very annoying. Your also telling us nothing will be damaged when the fog drips into any of the very expensive components you put into these headlights?

    Do you have to have the sponge unclogged often? If so how much is it to extend the warranty to lets say 2 years after purchasing?

    I appreciate you getting back to this thread and addressing this issue for future customers, including myself. Don't mean to bash.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    22.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry man, not to be rude. Condensation by definition is the change of the physical state of matter from gaseous phase into liquid phase. So there is indeed water in the headlight and from my experience it can get very annoying. Your also telling us nothing will be damaged when the fog drips into any of the very expensive components you put into these headlights?

    Do you have to have the sponge unclogged often? If so how much is it to extend the warranty to lets say 2 years after purchasing?

    I appreciate you getting back to this thread and addressing this issue for future customers, including myself. Don't mean to bash.
    Not rude at all, bring up any issue, or question anything you can think of, this way it helps answer any future questions or concerns.

    Yes, condensation is in fact water, the amount that accumulates inside the headlight from a minor air leak/ ventilation issue will not damage any components or cause any shortages. When you see condensation inside the headlight that doesn't mean theres a puddle of water inside the headlight, only instance where you'll find a pool of water inside the headlight is if the headlight has a puncture in the housing, and the water that drains down the gap between the fender and hood gets routed to the puncture and drip inside the headlight. When manufactures design the headlights, they take into account that a condensation can occur, so aside from the xenon ballast, all the components still function, even if submerged in water. Since headlights experience so many various harsh conditions (extreme temperature change, vibration, etc.), all the components we use are tested to accommodate the usual conditions, including condensation and pools of water in case of a human error. We tested our LED components by submerging them in water while powered on for weeks with no issues and they continued to work. Click here to enlarge

    The sponge doesn't have to be unclogged... ever, it just wasn't placed back into original form so it stopped the air from entering and leaving the headlight. We'll assure that this will never happen again and you wouldn't need to unclog it or worry about it. Extended warranty for 2 years is an extra $200, but our rule of thumb for condensation is if nothing happens within the first car wash/rain storm/humid weather, then it won't happen again, unless of course due to human error (light fender bender, or person leaning on the headlight - which we can determine if we service the lights).

    Any questions...ask away. Click here to enlarge

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    809
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thank you for your response. Would you be able to do a group buy for the Orb LED rings, if so how much per customer?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for your response. Would you be able to do a group buy for the Orb LED rings, if so how much per customer?
    We're getting to that point... Click here to enlarge

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    809
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    BUMP for answers!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •